Tulsa - bad blood? | The Boneyard

Tulsa - bad blood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Probably not on TV but being at the game, the teams did not walk across and shake hands after the National Anthem (given - Tulsa did respectfully wait until the color guard walked completely off the court before moving from their line to the bench) nor did they shake/slap hands at the tip.
Anything between the lines here besides intensity?

Reaction Score
Boat said in his postgame interview that the Huskies were pissed with how Tulsa celebrated their W in the first matchup. This was a revenge game for us and we played as such so yeah i'd say these two teams play with an edge against each other.

Reaction Score
Tulsa stood in place until the flag was walked off the court after the anthem. UConn had already gone to their bench and set up the 2 lines for the starters to run through.

Im pretty sure Tulsa does that every game where they stand in line until the American Flag has left the court.

Reaction Score
I can guarantee they were not pleased with how Cincy acted in their W a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Yeah Boats postgame comments were a little suggestive of bad blood. How has there not been a 30 post thread about one of their dudes tackling Brimah on a rebound

Reaction Score
Yeah Boats postgame comments were a little suggestive of bad blood. How has there not been a 30 post thread about one of their dudes tackling Brimah on a rebound

haha that was insane, and it was an over the back before that even happened. How there was no call there is beyond me, but you tend to see that sometimes. Blatant one guy pulling another to the ground with no call

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Great. Nothing makes for a better conference than teams hating each other.

Reaction Score
There's also the fact that Haith paid recruits UConn was going after.

caw

Reaction Score
Which

Which ones??
I'm guessing not ones at Tulane, probably suggesting a Missouri recruit or Miami (I'm 99%sure there were rumors about a New England kid who went to Miami, forget who, I doubt the players care).

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I'm guessing not ones at Tulane, probably suggesting a Missouri recruit or Miami (I'm 99%sure there were rumors about a New England kid who went to Miami, forget who, I doubt the players care).
If he paid for Oriakhi he got swindled...

Reaction Score

I think Durand Scott? Wasnt he a shoe-in for Uconn then went to Miami?

Reaction Score
I thought the atmosphere at their house was amazing- the fans even made tee shirts for the game. Good to see a team that is serious about basketball in our dudie of a conference. If we are stuck here- this is how the AAC is going to get better- passionate teams and fan bases.

Reaction Score
I thought the atmosphere at their house was amazing- the fans even made tee shirts for the game. Good to see a team that is serious about basketball in our dudie of a conference. If we are stuck here- this is how the AAC is going to get better- passionate teams and fan bases.
Precisely. Too many of the AAC schools are very well supported.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
There's also the fact that Haith paid recruits UConn was going after.
http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=8866585&src=desktop

There were ethical issues that were discovered but you made it sound as if Haith paid Scott with $100 bills. Shapiro was mostly involved and claims to be paid flights for family members.
Be careful when throwing stones while living in a glass house...we have had on own NCAA issues...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

There were ethical issues that were discovered but you made it sound as if Haith paid Scott with $100 bills. Shapiro was mostly involved and claims to be paid flights for family members.
Be careful when throwing stones while living in a glass house...we have had on own NCAA issues...

What are you talking about? All allegations against us are just because the haters can't handle our success. LOL :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

There are people on this board with legitimate sources on the New York recruiting circuit, and they all said the Scott recruitment was extremely $hady. I trust their sources on this a heck of a lot more than ESPN's.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
There are people on this board with legitimate sources on the New York recruiting circuit, and they all said the Scott recruitment was extremely $hady. I trust their sources on this a heck of a lot more than ESPN's.

These people are also diehard UCONN fans and may not be 100% impartial when it comes to this stuff. No disrespect to those of you who do a great job bringing recruiting info to the board. But the propensity for sour grapes when it comes to this stuff is higher when it's coming from our own.

Reaction Score
These people are also diehard UCONN fans and may not be 100% impartial when it comes to this stuff. No disrespect to those of you who do a great job bringing recruiting info to the board. But the propensity for sour grapes when it comes to this stuff is higher when it's coming from our own.
You're off base here.

Reaction Score

Once Oriakhi left for Mizzou his instragram feed filled up with pictures of swag. Watches, hats, chains, shoes, etc. And Haith's kid who I believe was on the team was in a lot of pictures. That's awfully convenient. Just give the money to your son and have your son buy the for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom