Tulane | The Boneyard

Tulane

Reaction Score
Heeeeere we go again.... coming off a big win, hoping we aren’t in for another trap game. Lots of hype but we can see the boys are changing as we head into the tournament. Last time we faced Tulane at home they were 9-6 and we only won by 6 led by Tyler Polley.

This time around we look different in a good way. Whaley only played 6 minutes and is now one of our go to guys. Bouk and Gaffney were off the bench learning and now they are confident and play their game. Gilbert played 33 mins and was our go to guy but now he’s leading without the pressure to score off the bench, something many of us echoed early mid-season.

Tulane has only won 3 games since we last played them while we have won 8 and are on a hot streak. I don’t see us cooling off despite being on the road. Tulane is led by Tyshaun Hightower, a big guard averaging 16pts and has turned it up the last 4games leading them to a 2-2 record. Hes a good guard that doesn’t get into foul trouble, OK from 3, gets into the paint and likes drawing fouls. Christian Thompson is another solid guard. He’s a senior so I expect him to try and go off on senior night. He’s not a good 3 point shooter so if we defend him well and force him to shoot difficult 3’s we should be ok.

Long story short, Tulane isn’t a good team and Hurley really needs to emphasize this game Should be included in the tournament. They are playing for a higher seed so with that in mind I think we will get the dub but I’m not sure how much the win margin will be like given the fact we just came off a huge win and the place will be dead silent. Trap game? Meh, I don’t think so. Thoughts?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
No, I think the last 5 or 6 performances have shown this group plays with intensity and desire from the opening tip. When that's the case, defense isn't something that takes a holiday. We'll need to make some shots, but absent ridiculous foul trouble I see this being a 10+ point margin win.

Reaction Score
UConn is the better team here, and they need to act like it. I do think Hunter is a really good coach, though.

I’ve been watching Christion Thompson since he stepped on campus at Rhode Island as a freshman. Kind of interesting that the coach who recruited him and coached him for three years is on the other bench for his last college game.

Reaction Score
I dont think this will be a trap game like uconn teams of old. Hurley has them so fired up and so does CV and you can clearly see everyone is bought in on every single play. I think this is a statement game and we take care of business and win comfortably.
Now, here an interesting thing. If the final game goes with the most likely outcome for everyone, meaning every home team except for Uconn wins the last game, then that means we would face Tulane again in the 1st round of the tourney. I dont like that too much. Always tough to beat a team 3 times no matter how bad they may be.

Reaction Score
Kimani Young called this one of the toughest games of the year the other day on the radio. So the coaches are well aware of the trap game factor here.

To finish the season with 19 wins and 10-8 in conference would be huge. Gotta win this one.

Reaction Score
Only thing that makes me a little uneasy about Tulane is that they are well rested, and we just played an emotional game Thursday and are short handed. Tulane has not played a game since February 28th.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
We got 9 pts from Whaley, Adams, Bouk and Gaff. CV did not have a good game and neither did Akok. Like Houston they will be seeing an entirely different team playing at the top of their game

Reaction Score
To be quite honest the Houston game was the first one in 2-3 games where they came out playing defense like it was a tourney game. Was disappointed in the ECU, UCF and USF games defensively not the same passion we saw. They looked like they 6 defenders out there at times the other night especially early in the game. Hope they feel the moment for Tulane and don't have a letdown. For this team it starts on the "other" end when they get W's.

First game I won't see live in a while playing golf so go Huskies!

Edit: Game is 4pm I will be done by then nice!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To be quite honest the Houston game was the first one in 2-3 games where they came out playing defense like it was a tourney game. Was disappointed in the ECU, UCF and USF games defensively not the same passion we saw. They looked like they 6 defenders out there at times the other night especially early in the game. Hope they feel the moment for Tulane and don't have a letdown. For this team it starts on the "other" end when they get W's.

First game I won't see live in a while playing golf so go Huskies!
It’s pretty hard to play insane defense with 7 players. I assume the thought process for ECU, UCF, USF was we’re gonna win if Bouk can stay out there and he did and we won. Bouk often finds himself in foul trouble with tight on ball defense

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That gym is a real bandbox. Let's hope we get on 'em early while they are still weepy from Senior Night.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That gym is a real bandbox. Let's hope we get on 'em early while they are still weepy from Senior Night.

4100ish.
DSC_6693_CROP.jpg

Reaction Score
It’s pretty hard to play insane defense with 7 players. I assume the thought process for ECU, UCF, USF was we’re gonna win if Bouk can stay out there and he did and we won. Bouk often finds himself in foul trouble with tight on ball defense

They did it against Houston and it’s not like you can go into a game saying “don’t play as hard as usual”. This team needs to step it up from the tip that’s who they are. I get foul trouble changes some of it later but not right away.

Reaction Score
I want this one by 20 so everyone in our path for the AAC watches it and thinks.. ".. this is what we were afraid of"

Reaction Score
Only thing that makes me a little uneasy about Tulane is that they are well rested, and we just played an emotional game Thursday and are short handed. Tulane has not played a game since February 28th.
How in the world does a team go 9 days between games at this time of the year? I'm not sure a layoff that long actually helps Tulane.

Reaction Score
Kimani Young called this one of the toughest games of the year the other day on the radio. So the coaches are well aware of the trap game factor here.

To finish the season with 19 wins and 10-8 in conference would be huge. Gotta win this one.
Yup a win tomorrow means we have extremely good odds to win 20 games this year. That's a huge accomplishment given the last several years.

Reaction Score
Heeeeere we go again.... coming off a big win, hoping we aren’t in for another trap game. Lots of hype but we can see the boys are changing as we head into the tournament. Last time we faced Tulane at home they were 9-6 and we only won by 6 led by Tyler Polley.

This time around we look different in a good way. Whaley only played 6 minutes and is now one of our go to guys. Bouk and Gaffney were off the bench learning and now they are confident and play their game. Gilbert played 33 mins and was our go to guy but now he’s leading without the pressure to score off the bench, something many of us echoed early mid-season.

Tulane has only won 3 games since we last played them while we have won 8 and are on a hot streak. I don’t see us cooling off despite being on the road. Tulane is led by Tyshaun Hightower, a big guard averaging 16pts and has turned it up the last 4games leading them to a 2-2 record. Hes a good guard that doesn’t get into foul trouble, OK from 3, gets into the paint and likes drawing fouls. Christian Thompson is another solid guard. He’s a senior so I expect him to try and go off on senior night. He’s not a good 3 point shooter so if we defend him well and force him to shoot difficult 3’s we should be ok.

Long story short, Tulane isn’t a good team and Hurley really needs to emphasize this game Should be included in the tournament. They are playing for a higher seed so with that in mind I think we will get the dub but I’m not sure how much the win margin will be like given the fact we just came off a huge win and the place will be dead silent. Trap game? Meh, I don’t think so. Thoughts?
What!

Reaction Score
Hope IW is OK after giving up his body Thur nite.Boy has a lot of guts. Winner!

Reaction Score
I’ve been watching Christion Thompson since he stepped on campus at Rhode Island as a freshman. Kind of interesting that the coach who recruited him and coached him for three years is on the other bench for his last college game.

Not going to lie- I loved this! They were together for three years at Rhode Island, but Thompson red-shirted the third/last year, so I guess that’s why the tweet says two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom