Tuesday (3/12) games | The Boneyard

Tuesday (3/12) games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Championship games on ESPNU:
Horizon: Wright St (1) vs. Green Bay (2) (12pm ET)
Summit: South Dakota St (1) vs. South Dakota (2) (2pm)
WCC: Gonzaga (1) vs. BYU (2) (4pm)

And then the evening* matchup:
Big East: Marquette (1) vs. DePaul (2) (8pm ET, FS1)

*Changed from "marquee" to "evening" at @triaddukefan 's and @DefenseBB 's insistence :)

== == == ==

Mountain West semifinals:
Boise St (1) vs. Fresno St (4) (9pm ET)
Wyoming (3) vs. San Diego St (7) (11:30pm)

Other conferences in action:
Quarterfinals: Big Sky, SWAC
First round: MEAC, Big South, Big West

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
One correction Plebe. The battle for South Dakota is the marquee match-up of the day :p
Duly noted, and corrected :rolleyes:

Seriously, both USD-SDSU games in the regular season were epic nail-biters. The 'Yotes won in 2OT in Vermillion, and the Jackrabbits won in 1OT in Brookings. These are two well-coached, evenly matched teams. Both will be likely 6 or 7 seeds in the NCAA tournament.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
How is a 2 pm game not called a matinee? It doesn’t mean the game is less important, just as a play or movie, it’s the same movie but shown earlier.
Now if you want to say the main course is ahead of the appetizer...

Plebe

Reaction Score
How is a 2 pm game not called a matinee? It doesn’t mean the game is less important, just as a play or movie, it’s the same movie but shown earlier.
Now if you want to say the main course is ahead of the appetizer...
Lol I am glad I have friends who keep me honest.

Reaction Score
Go Wyoming! I have a cheerleader friend who gets to enjoy the Last Vegas weather. While here in Laramie we are preparing for a blizzard tomorrow right before spring breakHead bang

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Gotta love the emotion out of Wright State. Glad to see them take the horizon crown.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sellout crowd for the Summit Championship... The ACC will fall to second place in terms of championship game attendance this year. Guess that was to be expected when the jackrabbits and coyotes meet up

Plebe

Reaction Score
Gotta love the emotion out of Wright State. Glad to see them take the horizon crown.
Congrats to the Raiders of Wright State. First time since 2014 that anyone other than Green Bay wins the Horizon. (Wright State won it that year to reach its first NCAA tournament.)

Wright St was led by Michal Miller (13) and Emily Vogelpohl (14). Miller played her freshman year at Arizona before taking a detour through junior college and ending up at WS.

Green Bay heads to the WNIT. It's been a down year by their standards.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
These are the bid stealing games. Bubble teams will have their eyes on today's action.

Plebe

Reaction Score
These are the bid stealing games. Bubble teams will have their eyes on today's action.
Actually, not these games today.

The Horizon is a one-bid league this year. Neither Green Bay nor Wright St has an at-large-worthy resume.

Meanwhile, both USD and SDSU are locks for at-large bids, probably about a 6 or 7 seed.

Same goes for Gonzaga-BYU. I had BYU as a "highly probable" at-large before the WCC tournament started, but now that they made the final (avoided an upset by Pepperdine yesterday), they're a lock as well IMO.

Edit to add: The only remaining conference tournaments with "bid stealing" potential are the MAC, the Missouri Valley and *maybe* (but not likely) Conference USA.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
What a turn around in the Summit championship. South Dakota was rolling about midway thru Q2, but it's been all South Dakota St. since then. I don't think this game is going to require overtime, unlike the 2 previous meetings in the series.

Plebe

Reaction Score
What a turn around in the Summit championship. South Dakota was rolling about midway thru Q2, but it's been all South Dakota St. since then. I don't think this game is going to require overtime, unlike the 2 previous meetings in the series.
Macy Miller showing why she's the back-to-back POY in the Summit League. 25 points through 3Q.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The Coyotes made it interesting after being down by nearly 20. Running out of time and SDSU is making their FTs, but spirited come back.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Interesting broadcast team for WCC Championship--Elise Woodward and Dan Hughes. Both have Seattle ties. Woodward does Pac 12 almost exclusively. Didn't know Hughes does any broadcasting work.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
BYU is lights out behind the arc, 8-13 so far. They went on a 16-0 run to grab a double digit lead. 35-25 late Q2.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Gonzaga whittled a 12 point deficit down to 6, but BYU pushed it back to 12 at the half, 42-30. They seem to have GU's number this year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Interesting broadcast team for WCC Championship--Elise Woodward and Dan Hughes. Both have Seattle ties. Woodward does Pac 12 almost exclusively. Didn't know Hughes does any broadcasting work.
Hughes has been working a lot of Big 12 games for Fox this year. He also worked some games last year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
There is something about playing Gonzaga that causes BYU to shoot lights out from 3. It's unreal.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Rice is trying to keep Gonzaga in this w/ 18 points. She's caught Hamson w/ an elbow in the face/throat twice now. First one was ruled incidental, second she got an unsportsmanlike.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Go Wyoming! I have a cheerleader friend who gets to enjoy the Last Vegas weather. While here in Laramie we are preparing for a blizzard tomorrow right before spring breakHead bang
LAST Vegas, come on I love it here in Las Vegas, even with the 120 degree summer days.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I like GU, but refs are really trying to help them out in this game. Just call the game the same for both teams, how is that so hard?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
There is something about playing Gonzaga that causes BYU to shoot lights out from 3. It's unreal.

I imagine if BYU gets the auto-bid a P5 school would get knocked out right? After all, Gonzaga is ranked #13. They're going to the dance regardless.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I imagine if BYU gets the auto-bid a P5 school would get knocked out right? After all, Gonzaga is ranked #13. They're going to the dance regardless.
No, BYU is already considered to be in the tourney so no one is knocked out per say.:mad::mad::mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom