Tuesday (1/27) Merrimack Game PPD and Moved to 2/10 | The Boneyard

Tuesday (1/27) Merrimack Game PPD and Moved to 2/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great news, attendance would have be horrible and the roads possibly dangerous.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
If the storm is what they're saying there is no way people would be able to get there, nevermind it being dangerous.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UC-PAC-TEMPLATE-2-Column_01.gif

Husky Fans –

UConn Hockey’s next home game is Tuesday, February 10th – 7:05pm at the XL Center vs. #18 Merrimack. This highly anticipated matchup was originally slated to be played on January 27th but was re-scheduled due to inclement weather.

Please note that all season and single game tickets for UConn vs. Merrimack will be honored on Tuesday night.

If you have any questions, please contact the UConn Ticket Office (Mon. - Fri., 9:00am – 4:30pm) at 1-877-AT-UCONN (288-2666).

GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
Huskies failed to convert on a 5x3 30 second PP midway through the first. End of the first period, tied at 0, 11 shots for UConn, 12 for Merrimack.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Still tied at 0. 7 minutes left in the second. UConn leads in shots, 23-19.

Reaction Score
Tied at the end of 2, 0-0. UConn leads in shots, 26-21. 1 min PP for MC to start the third.

Reaction Score
Just got home from the game...stopped at The Russian Lady for a celebratory beverage. They played VERY well tonight...Merrimack tried the physical intimidation game and UCONN hit back. I thought all in all UCONN had more legit scoring chances for the game, and they definitely stuck to the game plan Cav wanted to run tonight. The goal by Naas was pretty, and Nichols made some good saves tonight...including one in the 2nd period that stung him a bit when he took it up high off his chest protector. Good win and a big 2 pts tonight.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Just got home from the game...stopped at The Russian Lady for a celebratory beverage. They played VERY well tonight...Merrimack tried the physical intimidation game and UCONN hit back. I thought all in all UCONN had more legit scoring chances for the game, and they definitely stuck to the game plan Cav wanted to run tonight. The goal by Naas was pretty, and Nichols made some good saves tonight...including one in the 2nd period that stung him a bit when he took it up high off his chest protector. Good win and a big 2 pts tonight.

I thought this was their best game of home season. We carried most of the play all game and had more quality scoring chances (Gerling alone had 3 or 4 top quality scoring chances!). Much different game than the Providence games which I thought we were very fortunate to even get 1 point out of. And I thought we matched their physicality while doing a good job at staying disciplined to not retaliate to a lot of chippy play by Merrimack. Great win! Looking forward to Saturday.

Reaction Score
Last night was an awesome game, period. Fantastic hockey all the way around both offensively and defensively. For me it was one of the best displays of college goaltending on both ends, but Uconn got robbed on several occasions! Nichols is a stud in goal, it's really weird to see his home town listed as Dallas Texas up on the board. Loved the goal by Naas, very slick! They almost had another 3 pass goal in the first period but Merrimack's goalie came up huge! That kid looked like he was 6'5 bcuz he took up ALL of the net.
Kinda disappointed with the crowd with the HE playoff standings at stake and also playing the #18 ranked team in town, but...... We need to get more student TO the game and we need a few fanatics to get them into the game right away. I forgot the students were even there until they managed a U C O N N cheer after we finally scored.
Brass Bonanza after our goals is fantastic, but boy do we need a new announcer, this guy just puts me to sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom