Tuck Season Ending Surgery:/ | The Boneyard

Tuck Season Ending Surgery:/

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Damn!
Silver lining - while knee related, this appears to be completely separate from her other knee issues and as such is hopefully less career threatening than a recurrence would have been.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
They treated us like idiots for 3 days and finally come out with it. I do believe that Morgan should have stayed with UConn, but this could have happened anywhere, anytime. She knows all about rehab, but that dos not mean it doesn't suck. Now, you want to talk about someone who could be a fantastic coach ... Morgan, I heart you.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Crap! At least Morgan was drafted with her buddies as part of the first-ever 1-2-3 class. She played most of a season. Hopefully, she will have several full seasons--and post-seasons--in her future.

I guess this nixes her plans for Korea. I know a good place in Storrs where Morgan can rehab effectively and also provide grandmotherly advice.

Reaction Score
I think caerilage repair is "better" than ACL, and it is in her formerly good knee... Damn.

I wonder if there is a Grad Assistant slot at a nearby University?

HGN

Reaction Score
Best wishes Morgan......My prayers are with you.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So disappointed for her. I wish her a speedy and full recovery. I know she probably has a limited life span in professional basketball based on her knees. I know she wants to make the most of her career and have it last as long as possible. And I know we all want that for her too!! Thoughts and prayers for Morgan!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Despite the injury and her history of knee troubles, this is neither particularly serious or career threatening. Injuries often occur to players "off" knees since players tend to put slightly more stress on the knee that hasn't had a major procedure. Any surgeon will tell you the prognosis is good for a full recovery. Stay strong Morgan.

Reaction Score
I had tears in both my knees during my playing days. I was back in about 7 weeks for both. If all goes well with surgery and rehab, Morgan should be okay to play in Korea. I have no doubt she will. Morgan is one tough basketball player!

Reaction Score
And she was only about eight weeks away from going to Korea and earning real money from basketball. Shows why it's not really fair to the players to require them to remain in school for four years before making a living from b-ball. The men understand that their careers can end at any time, and they go for the cash as soon as they are able.

Would certainly be disappointing for fans like us. But this just shows how vulnerable these athletes are, as are their earnings potential.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
FF - the difference is the men sign their first contract which is guaranteed and can set them up for life even if they do not make it through their first game, the women do not. They may reach a point of financial security after 5-10 years if they are really good, and a few of them (one or two every few years) may reach that point a little earlier. For the vast majority, they live a vagabond life between the US and foreign teams and reach retirement with less to show for it than if they had gotten out of the sport and started a different career on graduation. And for those whose bodies break down, part of the issue is they play 12 months a year - Morgan finished a 40 game schedule in April (2 preseason games) had a 10 day hiatus and started her professional career. If she hadn't gotten injured, those ten days would have likely been the longest break from competition and training camps until next spring at the earliest and possibly for the next x number of years.
Most men's professional athletes take at least a month off a few times a year to recharge mentally and physically every year, and are only in competition or intense training for at most eight months each year.

Reaction Score
Shows why it's not really fair to the players to require them to remain in school for four years before making a living from b-ball.

Actually they can go play professionally without college in most leagues in the world (except the WNBA).

Reaction Score
Adamec reports that no date yet for surgery. Also that she will not go to Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom