Tuck, Chong and Stokes.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tuck, Chong and Stokes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Well that was not "made up" by us. It was put out by one of the Horde that Geno was not happy with Stokes in practice recently (this last week). Maybe they (he) made it up, but we didn't.

Not sure about tense or scared, but they certainly didn't play like they have been lately. To me Chong did look a little overwhelmed. Not sure about Banks. Looked like she was playing ok, but maybe just not getting much accomplished?

You are a pain in the post. :)

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You are a pain in the post. :)
Keeping it real. ;)

1970-Coke-Is-The-Real-Thing-Coca-Cola-Ad.jpeg

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Kiah had 5 rebounds in 8 minutes...not good enoguh for some I guess. Well, it seems that too many BoneYarders just make stuff up, then discuss it as real and fact.

Banks is tense, Chong is is scared, Kiah is in doghouse...yadda yadda yadda. Baloney, pure fabricated baloney, as I see it. One thing for sure, many here need to be negative. Now that is intersting in and of itself.
I don't like this post. You make it seem like it's easy to make things up, let alone discuss it. You should see some of the stuff I made up that I thought wasn't good enough for the BY. From now on you're going to.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think the main reason why Kiah, Morgan, Saniya, and Brianna got very limited minutes was that it was a competitive game despite the seemingly comfortable lead, and KML / Stewie / Stef / Moriah were playing so well that it made no sense to take them out before the game was locked up. I'm not sure Saniya was anxious; after all, she was very composed in the Stanford game, which was just as important and just as contested. But in her few minutes on the court, she didn't give Geno a reason to give her more minutes, while the starters and KML were giving him all sorts of reasons to play them as many minutes as possible.

Morgan did make a nice back-door layup in the first half, but got called for a charge so it didn't even count as a shot. The announcers blamed that on KML's rustiness in being a split second late getting the pass to her, but it's also possible that Morgan was a split second early. I don't think Morgan gives us any reason to worry about her future contribution.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I don't like this post. You make it seem like it's easy to make things up, let alone discuss it. You should see some of the stuff I made up that I thought wasn't good enough for the BY. From now on you're going to.

Another short post.

Reaction Score
Thank you Ozzie.

I usually hate the board police criticizing posting styles, but I have been taken aback this year regarding the non stop negative take some have about everything regarding this fantastic program operating at full steam. I asked last night "Who knew being a fan of UConn women's basketball could make some so miserable?" after a certain poster seemed to be personally offended the team didn't play perfect for 40 minutes. They only won by 22 points at the #2 team in the country.

And than today some are focused on how awful Doris Burke is and now we are reading into every possible reason Tuck, Stokes, and Chong weren't huge factors, even reading into pre game facial expressions which could possibly suggest a hidden problem with a knee and suggesting Stokes is in the doghouse again! Geez. Could it be those 3 players are players # 7, 8, and 9 on a terrific team and did not need to perform great last night with the superstars performing well?

I don't think everyone has to be TonyCop or anything. But the way some are posting you would think this is 2005-2007. We are in a 7 year stretch that doesn't come around often and we still have KML/Stewie around for a couple more years ago. You all better enjoy this. It will not be happening again. I enjoyed last night. And I wasn't thinking of Doris Burke the next morning I'll tell you that.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The charge on Morgan was debatable. If the shot had counted and one, her efforts would have been more appreciated and she might well have had additional playing time.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Another short post.
And a brief post, too. I hear Bill does most of his writing in, or was that on, his underwear. Word is he specializes in shorts stories.

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
ASweet how long have you been around here

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
People are making a meal out of this. The Tuck situation was addressed by Geno in his press conference. She was almost too amped after the layoff.

Kiah played really well while on the court but was coming off a disappointing week of practice according to John A.

I never said Chong was "scared". I just wondered whether the magnitude of the event - on national tv - on a hostile court was a factor in her minutes played.

Reaction Score
Did I miss something? UCONN just beat Duke by 22 and there is all this schtuff about the team and other Boneyarders. What on this Earth is going to make the Boneyarders happy?

74 TO GO

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Is what everyone saying is that if we win by 20, the areas in which the team can improve are off-limits for discussion?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Is what everyone saying is that if we win by 20, the areas in which the team can improve are off-limits for discussion?

Of course that is what people are saying.

It has nothing to do with the tenor of the posts themselves... they're delightful.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
really? Is that what this thread was about? So uconn can improve if banks is not tense, Chong is not scared and Stokes is not in the doghouse. Great stuff.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The first 25 seconds of this

[/quote]
Hope I'm not being greedy, but I'm already thinking about a certain number for when Stewie is a senior.
9358432.jpeg

Since she wasn't in the Duke game and in case you don't remember what Briana's number is, just add 2 to the Beatles' obsession. I think most BYers can still handle that math challenge.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I think if they wined they wouldn't be whining so much.
I have been told by people down south that that wining with this Cabernet number makes them whine even more, especially in certain parts of TN.

Auriemma_Wine_Gift_Guide_Article1.jpg

Reaction Score
I thought that since KML and Tuck were back then the others just went back to the status they had before. KML came though big-time (I'm relieved) as did the rest of the starters.

Chong is my favorite Huskie. She'll be OK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom