TUBED - UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY | The Boneyard

TUBED - UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
TCU.

I think the Horned Frogs just got run over by the ACC bus. They join the Big East and the conference melts away.

Reaction Score
TCU.

I think the Horned Frogs just got run over by the ACC bus. They join the Big East and the conference melts away.

At the time TCU joined the Big East noone knew that The Big East would breakdown! I'm not sure what TCU does now.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
At the time TCU joined the Big East noone knew that The Big East would breakdown! I'm not sure what TCU does now.
Not sure I agree. EVERYONE knew the Big East had to address the football vs. nonfb issue and the BE kept delaying. If the BE had split for football then maybe the BE is calling the shots now instead of being picked apart by vultures. TCU is screwed though.

Reaction Score
TCU may not be the only one screwed. UConn's future is still up in the air.

Reaction Score
TCU may not be the only one screwed. UConn's future is still up in the air.

I keep waffling between feeling UConn is going to come out of this just fine and end up in either the ACC or B1G and feeling like WE'RE DOOMED! Right now, I am concerned. UConn is strong enough academically to fit into either ACC or B1G. But I think as long as the two big guns are still in play (Texas and ND), I am not sure much is going to happen anytime soon. Once they make a move, then we will see where the dust settles and where UConn winds up.

I was thinking today that when (not if) UConn changes conferences how different it will be for Geno. How weird will it be to not see Harry, Doug, Muffett, Jamelle and the rest visiting Gampel or XL? All of his long established coaching friends and connections among current conference mates will remain, but he will face a very different dynamic within the new conference. The conference tournament may no longer be in Hartford. UConn will be the newbie in the conference, and not all of the coaches in the possible new conference members like Geno or can even appreciate Geno's humor. Geno carries a certain amount of weight in the Big East. That goes away, at least initially, with a move to another conference. I'm not sure Calhoun cares that much about relationships with the other conference coaches. Paul Pasqualoni is too new. Geno thrives on those relationships. Of all the UConn coaches, any change may be hardest on Geno from an interpersonal relationship point of view.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
TCU.

The Horned Frogs were hornswoggled!

Reaction Score
I keep waffling between feeling UConn is going to come out of this just fine and end up in either the ACC or B1G and feeling like WE'RE DOOMED! Right now, I am concerned. UConn is strong enough academically to fit into either ACC or B1G. But I think as long as the two big guns are still in play (Texas and ND), I am not sure much is going to happen anytime soon. Once they make a move, then we will see where the dust settles and where UConn winds up.

I was thinking today that when (not if) UConn changes conferences how different it will be for Geno. How weird will it be to not see Harry, Doug, Muffett, Jamelle and the rest visiting Gampel or XL? All of his long established coaching friends and connections among current conference mates will remain, but he will face a very different dynamic within the new conference. The conference tournament may no longer be in Hartford. UConn will be the newbie in the conference, and not all of the coaches in the possible new conference members like Geno or can even appreciate Geno's humor. Geno carries a certain amount of weight in the Big East. That goes away, at least initially, with a move to another conference. I'm not sure Calhoun cares that much about relationships with the other conference coaches. Paul Pasqualoni is too new. Geno thrives on those relationships. Of all the UConn coaches, any change may be hardest on Geno from an interpersonal relationship point of view.

Well said, Chap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger