OT: - Tshiebwe in Transfer Portal | The Boneyard

OT: Tshiebwe in Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
After stepping away from basketball for personal reasons, West Virginia's Oscar Tshiebwe is now in the transfer portal.

Arguably one of the most intense players in the NCAA, the 6'9 260 big had a down year so far, but he'll be massively recruited across the NCAA.

First glance, Iowa (replacement for Garza) and Texas Tech (Marcus Santos-Silva replacement) look like nice landing spots for him.

With Sanogo on board, he and Tshiebwe are the same style of post player, so I'm not suggesting UConn to take interest.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Assuming Whaley & JC leave after the year, our bugs next year will be Adama, Springs, Akok, Johnson & JB. Johnson & Akok are more 4’s. If he’s gettable, he’d definitely play here & should be welcomed
He’s a head case and would not fit in here.

Reaction Score

innocent whistle GIF

Reaction Score
if he only had 1 year of eligibility left he'd make a great whaley/carlton replacement in 2021 but a senior oscar and juniors adama and javonte is prob too crowded for clingan in 2022. so if oscar only wants to play 1 more year sign him up we def need the depth next year. otherwise prob need to get a grad transfer C when bouk leaves.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ranked #199 as a recruit and averaging less than 1 APG in 35 games as a PG? what am i missing?

Would you please explain to me why once we have all seen what someone has accomplished as a college basketball player ANY SANE FAN CARES ABOU WHAT HE WAS RATED AS A RECRUIT? Seriously, why would you even raise that? We've all seen who he is. If you don't think he's good enough fine, but who cares what rating services thought years ago?

Reaction Score
Would you please explain to me why once we have all seen what someone has accomplished as a college basketball player ANY SANE FAN CARES ABOU WHAT HE WAS RATED AS A RECRUIT? Seriously, why would you even raise that? We've all seen who he is. If you don't think he's good enough fine, but who cares what rating services thought years ago?
ummmm because he's still only a sophomore.... so if he had 5* potential but had been criminally misused or under utilized at houston as a freshman that would be a fair explanation for any lack of production and why he is leaving....duh. but it seems like he's putting up the kind of stats you would expect from a 3* PG.. you have the most unnecessary flexes. the most random stuff sends you up the wall.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ummmm because he hasnt accomplished anything as a college basketball player.... so if he had 5* potential but had been criminally underused or utilized at houston that would be a fair explanation for his lack of production and there'd still be a reason to get excited about him....duh. but it seems like he's putting up the kind of stats you would expect from a 3* ... you have the most unnecessary flexes. the weirdest stuff sends you up the wall.
He's not a PG, he's a scoring guard and a freshman who averaged 13 points a game. Bouknight has taken the next step this year but Mills' numbers last year are almost identical to Bouknight's for his freshman year

Reaction Score
He's not a PG, he's a scoring guard and a freshman who averaged 13 points a game. Bouknight has taken the next step this year but Mills' numbers last year are almost identical to Bouknight's for his freshman year
247 had him listed as a PG so the lack of assists stood out. either way looks like he's taken a step back as a sophomore. prob not a coincidence he's looking to transfer. dont see why checking how he was rated as a recruit 1.5 years ago to help judge any untapped potential is INSANE.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
247 had him listed as a PG so the lack of assists stood out. either way looks like he's taken a step back as a sophomore. prob not a coincidence he's looking to transfer. dont see why seeing how he was rated as a recruit 1.5 years ago to help judge any untapped potential is INSANE.
Definitely taken a step back but it's a sample size of 4 games after an injury and him having Covid, so I put very little stock in that

Reaction Score
Coach Fran w/ a Tshiebwe Twitter take.
Just another day in the business of college ball.

This kid was a McDonald's All-American? Granted, I don't follow recruiting that closely anymore but I've never heard of him until this thread.

Reaction Score
ummmm because he hasnt accomplished anything as a college basketball player but he's still only a sophomore.... so if he had 5* potential but had been criminally misused or under utilized at houston as a freshman that would be a fair explanation for his lack of production and why he is leaving....duh. but it seems like he's putting up the kind of stats you would expect from a 3* ... you have the most unnecessary flexes. the most random stuff sends you up the wall.
He finished higher than Bouk last year for aac freshmen honors & led Houston in scoring as a fresh. Kid can play

Reaction Score
ummmm because he's still only a sophomore.... so if he had 5* potential but had been criminally misused or under utilized at houston as a freshman that would be a fair explanation for any lack of production and why he is leaving....duh. but it seems like he's putting up the kind of stats you would expect from a 3* PG.. you have the most unnecessary flexes. the most random stuff sends you up the wall.

No -- stupid stuff sends me over the wall. We saw him play in our conference for a year. At that point, make your own damn judgment. Or listen to the judgment of those you respect. But listening to judgements of recruiting services who made their judgments before the kid played a minute of college ball is just dumb. It's like relying on yelp ratings for a restaurant that you and your friends eat at all the time.

Reaction Score
better not bring up this kind of ancient history or @businesslawyer will have temper tantrum

I must say, taking the tack that a good defense to being called out for saying something silly is to warn other people that I might say what they post is dumb too is an unusual one. Points for originality at least.

Reaction Score
I must say, taking the tack that a good defense to being called out for saying something silly is to warn other people that I might say what they post is dumb too is an unusual one. Points for originality at least.
didnt raise it as a defense just pointing out youre a weird spazz. if raising a players recruiting history makes you berserk maybe consider a hobby that doesnt entail hanging out on a bball message board where the number one topic of conversation is recruiting.

Reaction Score
You must be looking at somebody else. The kid was AAC player of the yr and honestly a nice replacement for Bouk if he decides to leave.

Reaction Score
You must be looking at somebody else. The kid was AAC player of the yr and honestly a nice replacement for Bouk if he decides to leave.
full disclosure ive never seen him play. didnt watch either houston game and never watched an aac matchup that didnt involve uconn (and never will)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom