Trouble Between Sims and Mulkey? | The Boneyard

Trouble Between Sims and Mulkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This Twitter activity by Sims has Baylor fans a little worried. Should be interesting to see if she is on the court against ND.

*In life: we gotta make decisions best for us! Nobody else..

*Always do what's best for YOU!

*Happiness or National Championship?

*Love or Hate?

*Dorm or Apartment?

*So much going on right now! ��

*Money or Love?

*S/O to my team today as they take on Rice later on tonight, wish I was there to cheer y'all on! Do work tonight.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She was injured but she has received clearance to play...but she isn't...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Happiness or national championship? Since when are they mutually exclusive?

If Odyssey is not as effective as normal, Baylor will have real difficulty in repeating.

Reaction Score
Baylor All-American point guard Odyssey Sims missed her fourth straight game ................................

maybe that?

Reaction Score
I think that it's more than gossip if a player who was injured, rehabs, and is cleared to play, but doesn't.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
And this is exactly why Uconn made the decision on the women's side not to let their players tweet at all during the season.

Certainly, the "happiness or NC?" tweet would be one that would be unnerving to me if I were a Baylor fan.

Repeating can be tough. However, I expect that everyone will be on the same page by the business end of the season. Clearly, this already can't be another 40-0 kind of year for Baylor, but they'll be right there at the end.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I think there are a couple more things going on. First, there were tweets from someone who suggested that Sims was being treated badly by Baylor and that she should transfer. Sims responded by thanking that person for his/her support. Second, Sims apparently wasn't permitted to travel with the team for its game at Rice (a homecoming type game for Griner).

Something is not right, and it appears to be more than Sims' injury.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
This Twitter activity by Sims has Baylor fans a little worried. Should be interesting to see if she is on the court against ND.

*In life: we gotta make decisions best for us! Nobody else..

*Always do what's best for YOU!

*Happiness or National Championship?

*Love or Hate?

*Dorm or Apartment?

*So much going on right now! ��

*Money or Love?

*S/O to my team today as they take on Rice later on tonight, wish I was there to cheer y'all on! Do work tonight.

"*Always do what's best for YOU! " Yikes...

Reaction Score
And this is exactly why Uconn made the decision on the women's side not to let their players tweet at all during the season.
I'm not sure this is/was the root reason for not tweeting during the season. I suspect the original reason was more for minimizing distractions. The current Sims/Baylor tweet situation though certainly shows far broader benefits to the team than distraction minimization.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I wonder how much longer Baylor players will be allowed to tweet. As an aside, is Geno's order enforceable? Does it raise First Amendment issues?

Edit:
If this is correct, Geno cannot, but Mulkey can.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm not sure this is/was the root reason for not tweeting during the season. I suspect the original reason was more for minimizing distractions. The current Sims/Baylor tweet situation though certainly shows far broader benefits to the team than distraction minimization.

I think the primary reason was to prevent internal, team stuff from being made public, whether intentionally or not. Also, as is obvious from reading kids' accounts, twitter is a vehicle that screams "all about me." There's no room for that in the UConn program, at least during the season.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
According to this, restrictions during the season are OK, covering Geno.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
According to this, restrictions during the season are OK, covering Geno.
Coaches who impose blanket bans or chill players’ speech by watching everything they post are not doing their athletes any favors. The handful of athletes who go on to professional sports will have to deal with social media throughout their careers, and they won’t learn anything if they’re not given any latitude.
Actually coaches are doing their players a HUGE favor. Keeping them out of hot water and helping them not screwup their lives. (i.e. lose their scholarship, national embarrassment). And if they are smart when they are professionals they will have someone watching everything at that point too.

Coaches who impose blanket bans or chill players’ speech by watching everything they post are not doing their athletes any favors. The handful of athletes who go on to professional sports will have to deal with social media throughout their careers, and they won’t learn anything if they’re not given any latitude.
The best education they can give them is "DON'T TWEET".

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Just makes me appreciate, and respect more, the multiple/consecutive championships accomplished by UCONN WBB.
Indeed, especially the 2010 repeat, which featured exactly one bad half of basketball out of 78 (yes UConn trailed Stanford at the half in Hartford that season, but that was just a well-played half by both teams). That season was a work of art. In 2003, it was such a different team from 2002 that it wasn't quite analogous to what Baylor is going through this year...but 2004 might be.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Something does seem off here! I'm sure there is more to this story! Hopefully ETT will keep us posted!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think Simms attitude (at times) would defer any UCONN interest!

Reaction Score
I wonder how much longer Baylor players will be allowed to tweet. As an aside, is Geno's order enforceable? Does it raise First Amendment issues?

Edit:
If this is correct, Geno cannot, but Mulkey can.

I am sure our founding fathers were concerned with Tweets when they wrote the first ten amendments. I mean in the Bill of Rights afterall.......However, what we need to keep in mind is that the Amendments and the Constitution was established to protect the people from the power of the government and try to prevent the government from overstepping their power.... The Government cannot infringe on our rights. Geno is the the government, and since the players have scholarships from UCONN, Geno is in essence their boss, and bosses do have the ability to put a limit on what their employees can and cannot do. So if he says no tweeting.. no tweeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom