Trophy | The Boneyard

Trophy

Reaction Score
The Big East tournament trophy looks very cheap. My wife says it looks like a spray painted basketball. Saw the Big 10 ceremony last night and their trophy is very nice. Geno said the ACC trophy was very nice. The big East should look at the other conferences and step up with a better trophy. Maybe name it after Geno...

The individual trophies the women were given looked better than the team trophy.

sun

Reaction Score
The Big East tournament trophy looks very cheap. My wife says it looks like a spray painted basketball. Saw the Big 10 ceremony last night and their trophy is very nice. Geno said the ACC trophy was very nice. The big East should look at the other conferences and step up with a better trophy. Maybe name it after Geno...

The individual trophies the women were given looked better than the team trophy.
I respectfully disagree.
IMO the Big East trophy looks 10 times better than both of them.
It's larger and looks more traditional and appropriate for a basketball trophy.
It looks quite handsome.
It's also heavy and if it's not made out of pewter, it certainly resembles it.
Did you see LIv trying to lift it?
And all of the confetti at the courtside celebration also didn't look cheap.
The whole celebration looked really great including CW's MVP trophy.
Very classy all of the way.
I'd rather have a trophy made from metal instead of plastic, and featuring a basketball on top instead of a conference logo.

1200x0.jpg

The ACC Trophy looks small and inappropriate for a basketball championship by comparison.
It highlights the ACC logo instead of the game of basketball.
They skimped on putting a replica of a basketball on it because doing that would be much more expensive and require more craftwork and design.

USATSI_17843584.jpg

The SEC trophy looks like a big piece of plastic.
Again, it highlights the SEC logo instead of the game of basketball.
Both of the others are very untraditional, smaller than the Big East trophy and wouldn't look anywhere near as nice on display in a university trophy case.
It basically features a large medallion.

usa_today_17844815.0.jpg

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

My wife and I had the same conversation. Make the top basketball chrome or even glass and it would look pretty sharp. Their is two much of that flat aluminum color.

Reaction Score
I made this point in another thread. I stated that the trophy "Looked" cheap. Like painted plastic. It may, in fact, be high quality in person. I like the more traditional looking trophies from the other conferences. We really don't need a basketball on top to figure out what sport its for.

Reaction Score

Looks like concrete.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Here’s the guys’ from 2008. I like this one. There’s some closet up in Storrs crammed with trophies, especially if you include soccer, field hockey, and the Olympic sports.

1646748044814.jpeg

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
My wife and I had the same conversation. Make the top basketball chrome or even glass and it would look pretty sharp. Their is two much of that flat aluminum color.
You have suffered a homophone attack, @CL82 . Hope you recover sufficiently. ;)

Reaction Score
This is a case when the Engineering Department decides to bypass the Design Services Department and go straight to production. ;)

sun

Reaction Score
The Big 10 trophy is quite a handful.
It looks a little bit gaudy, & isn't as sleek & streamlined as the Big East trophy..
It may better suit those Big 10 teams that don't win it as often, and don't need as much display space as UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I couldn't care less what the trophy looks like. Nail 2 pieces of driftwood together and call it the championship trophy and it's fine with me. What I care about is where the trophy resides. And once again it resides exactly where it belongs - Storrs, CT.

CL82

Reaction Score
Here’s the guys’ from 2008. I like this one. There’s some closet up in Storrs crammed with trophies, especially if you include soccer, field hockey, and the Olympic sports.

View attachment 74135
I like this one as well. The lighter wood, for whatever reason, works well. Where is this

CL82

Reaction Score
The Big 10 trophy is quite a handful.
It looks a little bit gaudy, & isn't as sleek & streamlined as the Big East trophy..
It may better suit those Big 10 teams that don't win it as often, and don't need as much display space as UConn.

I actually like this, though I agree, it’s a little big (see what I did there).

See how the chromed top stands out? To me at least, it makes a big difference in the feel of the trophy. if the big East really wants to keep the flat look then they should paint the four little posts and base of the top section black to distinguish it from the rest of the trophy.

CL82

Reaction Score
You have suffered a homophone attack, @CL82 . Hope you recover sufficiently. ;)
LOL, I swear to you that this change happens in the millisecond after I glanced at the message and hit the send button. My phone likes to mess with me.

CL82

Reaction Score
silly me I like the silver ball trophy. It seems unique.
Wow I didn’t know Val Ackerman posted on the board! ;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
LOL, I swear to you that this change happens in the millisecond after I glanced at the message and hit the send button. My phone likes to mess with me.
Do you pay your carrier on a timely basis? Perhaps they are expressing their desire for you to experience a new plan? ;):eek:

CL82

Reaction Score
Do you pay your carrier on a timely basis? Perhaps they are expressing their desire for you to experience a new plan? ;):eek:
Wait, you actually have to pay for cell phone service? Who knew?

Reaction Score
Do they give a trophy for Regular season and another for tournament champ? I think the other Big East trophies are better. Why do they change so often?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom