Trivia Contest For the Week | The Boneyard

Trivia Contest For the Week

Reaction Score
In the run-up to the Yale game this week I want to pose this question: Who is this member on the 1965 UConn team that beat Yale, and pictured below horsing around on Horse Barn Hill?

Hint: All East at his position in the days when there were no divisions, Yankee Conference Champion in Track and Field, Marine Coprsman in Vietnam, a helluva ski racer and and a helluva whitewater competitor in both downriver and slalom.

Rules: No looking it up in reference materials

The winner receives a sixpack of a beer of their choice capped at $50 from me personally.

1634088286000.png

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Is that some ski training apparatus on his feet? Before my time, kind of a Vinny Clements vibe with the haircut.

Reaction Score
Is that some ski training apparatus on his feet? Before my time, kind of a Vinny Clements vibe with the haircut.
It's NOT Clements. He was a Senior on the '70 team, so he would have been a Senior in high school in '65.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I cheated and it still isn't easy. VR? (I'll buy my own beer.)

Reaction Score
I cheated and it still isn't easy. VR? (I'll buy my own beer.)
I realized after I posted the contest that it would be almost impossible unless it was researched online. I was about to post a change in rules when you got it. Congrats!! I just talked to Vic Radzevich a week or so ago. And today I called the long snapper on that team, Steve Smith, to reconnect. We are all hoping for a resurrection of the Senior Games at Ski Sundown this winter.

Amazing how many guys on that 1965 team stayed in the area. Tony Cassarella and Roy Lawrence spring readily to mind. And several more whose names escape me at the moment.

I owe you the beer.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Ha! Yes, very tough one. I found the 1965 UConn Football Press Guide, and saw that Vic had a history of track, pole vaulting, and had graduated a military institute, so it was still only best guess.
1965 Football Press Guide

Not to mention this was 2 years before I was born....so there's that.

Reaction Score
Ha! Yes, very tough one. I found the 1965 UConn Football Press Guide, and saw that Vic had a history of track, pole vaulting, and had graduated a military institute, so it was still only best guess.
1965 Football Press Guide

Not to mention this was 2 years before I was born....so there's that.
More recently his son was either Big East or AAC champion in pole vaulting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom