Tristen newton can be a star college basketball PG next year here | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tristen newton can be a star college basketball PG next year here

Reaction Score
I just wish he’d put out a timeline on his decision. If you’re gonna enter the draft, why wait?
Maybe he’s dipping his toe in the NBA by assessing his draft stock without getting an agent. I’m excited to see about his decision too. I’m guessing his NBA draft stock is peak right now.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Maybe he’s dipping his toe in the NBA by assessing his draft stock without getting an agent. I’m excited to see about his decision too. I’m guessing his NBA draft stock is peak right now.
I wouldn’t blame him for getting feedback, just wondering why he hasn’t put those intentions out there yet?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You can probably assume he has to the people that matter. This board is not those people.
The only thing I can think of is maybe he put those conversations off to relax for a bit and soak in the success. But we’re going on 7 days since the last game, and we know these guys have been thinking about this since long before the final whistle. As evidenced by Donovan announcing so quickly. Just think it’s strange, but obviously we’ll know when he’s ready to tell us.

Reaction Score
Under Hurley everyone gets better. They aren't always getting leaps and bounds better but everyone is noticeably improving. I'm not sure that's been true with our previous coaches. Not to this degree.

Reaction Score
If things don’t work out with others in the portal would someone like a David Jones be a good option? Not a great 3 point shooter but overall decent player

Reaction Score
The only thing I can think of is maybe he put those conversations off to relax for a bit and soak in the success. But we’re going on 7 days since the last game, and we know these guys have been thinking about this since long before the final whistle. As evidenced by Donovan announcing so quickly. Just think it’s strange, but obviously we’ll know when he’s ready to tell us.

No, I’m saying that we’re just people on a message board. Him announcing it publicly is a meaningless exercise that only matters to fans. The people who need to know already know if he’s made up his mind.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
36.6% from 3 over the season, but 42.4% over the last ten games. Very solid!
84% free throw shooter over his career.
If he stays for next year, I have no doubt that he will improve his ability to finish at the rim/2-pt percentage and cut down on turnovers.
Please stay!

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
This just in. Spoiled, arrogant and entitled shirts are being printed as we speak.
I assume it includes a reference to the terminus of the alimentary canal, as a certain poster (just placed on my ignore list) represents that particular physical feature.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I assume it includes a reference to the terminus of the alimentary canal, as a certain poster (just placed on my ignore list) represents that particular physical feature.
Someone insisted information concerning the status of a player not yet publicly disclosed by said player should be made available to the public immediately. Said poster is getting blowback. I couldn't help embellishing the Cooley remark.

I should have written arrogant, spoiled and (en)5TITLED.

Reaction Score
TCF's grid does not include either Alleyne or Newton who were both assumed to be 1 year players, but have eligibility left and seem interested in returning. Therefore, UConn is currently 3 scholarships over the limit. Springs, Newton, and Alleyne all participated in Senior Night so I think we can add Springs to the discussion w/o being guilty of spreading rumors.
can take of sanogo and alleyne too. it also obviously doesnt include timberlake, who we want as a hawkins replacement regardless of who else stays. so if he commits we would be 2 schollys over the limit for planning purposes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's still not too late for homesickness to develop.

Reaction Score
If he works on finishing drives, he could be a huge scorer. Great free throw shooter. Lots of and-one potential.

Reaction Score
He is a great player. Would love to see him return to be the star guard at UConn next year. He could play 2G this year and be the shooter/ scorer.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Under Hurley everyone gets better. They aren't always getting leaps and bounds better but everyone is noticeably improving. I'm not sure that's been true with our previous coaches. Not to this degree.

I think the GOAT developed just a few guys dontchaknow. :) Turned wannabes into lotteries

Even turned a 300+ kid like Hilton Armstrong into a lottery. And Meka was in the 100ish range. Far too many to mention here and now. I'm as big a Hurley fan as there is around here, but he's simply too young to be mentioned in the same breath as my avatar. Although he might just be our next HOF coach, he's off to an amazing start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom