Trinity is my new team | The Boneyard

Trinity is my new team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm at the Trinity game and I've decided this is my new home. It appears to be homecoming so the crowd is decent and the students are looking fine.

Much of the crowd has left at halftime but that is for another day.

Trinity rarely loses so I won't be calling for the coach's head.

Here's hoping Trinity gets an invite.

Reaction Score
People leave at halftime to go to the parking lot and drink If the game isn't a blow out, they come back.

Reaction Score
People leave at halftime to go to the parking lot and drink If the game isn't a blow out, they come back.

I try to make a Trinity game every couple of years, usually when Colby comes to town. I love the NESCAC tailgating!

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
The best college football game I ever saw in person was a Trinty vs. Wesleyan tilt. Teams fundamentally strong, well coached playing with verve.
What more could a persoon ask for?

Reaction Score
How did it go?

"I'm an a**hole,
I'm an a##hole,
I'm an a##hole through and through,
But I'd rather be an a##hole than a brother at Psi U."

Something like that.

Reaction Score
I don't quite remember it that way, but back then with all the booze who knows.

Reaction Score
I love going to NESCAC football, though I mostly go see Wesleyan and Colby. In fact Colby-Bowdoin a terrific. Guy from Colby has an open tailgate that serves grilled lobster, steak, ribs, unbelievable! Well coached teams, they play hard. And the other thing that is kind of cool is that they have these "leagues within the league" arrangements, the Little 3 with Wesleyan, Amherst and Williams, the CBB with Colby, Bates and Bowdoin, that make games mean something even if you'r having a lousy season. And some of them go back over 100 years. The CBB started in 1896 though it originally included Maine, too. The Little 3 goes back to 1899.

Reaction Score
Wait? You mean they don't end their season with a different oppponent each year to maximize TV revenue? Who would have thought.

Reaction Score
I was told that one year the NESCAC decided to flip the schedule (game 1 in the first year became game 8 in year 2) hence Colby-Bowdoin, and Wesleyan-Trinity and Amherst-Williams opened the season one year, but it wasn't popular with players, coaches or alumni so they dropped the idea pretty quickly. Wheter it is true or not, I was also told that it happened in a year when Connecticut College, which doesn't have a football team, was chairing the conference. The other great experiment when Conn College was in charge--not publishing final standings by wins land losses, only alpabetically. Another short lived one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom