Trevecca Nazarene Game Final Stats | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Trevecca Nazarene Game Final Stats

Reaction Score
Yes, I live in Connecticut and attend almost every home game. However, pizza is not my favorite dish. Now, if you were talking about wings, then ...

You are right that Aubrey may fit into the Nykesha Sales mode and come off the bench, although we have to bear in mind that Anna is also a freshman, albeit a more experienced one. See observation #1 below.

Here are a couple of somewhat related observations after watching the replay:

1. I noticed only on the replay that Aubrey seemed to be sucking for wind in the second half. On one occasion in particular, she was struggling to get back on defense and was being beaten by an opponent who can't be nearly as fast as she is when both are fresh. So she may have stamina issues which (if correct) will certainly limit her minutes and may prevent her from starting.

2. I noticed that Geno always played a zone defense when Evelyn was in the game. She was parked under the basket so that she rarely had to move. It reminded me of Kaili McLaren. That may explain why she is last off the bench -- her mobility may prevent her from playing man-to-man defense unless the other team has a player of equally limited mobility. This may be something that she can work on, but I don't think she was ever expected to move her feet on defense at her previous schools to the degree that she must in UConn's man-to-man.
AUBREY---IF she has "hypothyroidism " , most don't know it and not normally diagnosed. It reduces stamina. However, spurts of 5 or 10 minutes of high energy could work in her favor. It's a simple blood test--Even complaints of no stamina are overlooked. But then too it may only mean she was up late studying or partying.
Kaili McLaren is an excellent example to follow. Mobile or not she did great defense when needed and the kid could shoot. I'm not sure whether she was a fan favorite, she certainly was one of mine.

Reaction Score
Been a quiet Boneyarder for years, finally made my account and looking to chime in with fellow Huskie fans!

Watched the game last night on the athletics website, here is my assessment.

Trevecca played very well, they looked to me as if they could compete with some of the lower-level AAC programs despite not having much athleticism. Overall as disgusted the 2nd half was pitiful but there’s room for growth and improvement with our girls so I’m looking forward to this season. Here’s my view on each player so far.

CD5 - seems to still be working herself back from the hip surgery, she was never really a game changer despite her two standout career defining games against Baylor as a frosh & UCLA last year. She’ll continue to be steady and will be fully ready by mid-December with more reps.

Williams - she still plays a bit tentative to me, I’m ready for her to make that leap to BEAST mode at all times on the court, but I think that’ll come with maturity. Last night was just an okay game to me for her given the level of competition.

Mukaraut (sp?) - she’s TOUGH! I think she’ll be possibly our #1rebounder by season’s end, she’s not afraid to get physical or to the rim. We all know Geno loves big guards, here’s to her finding her shot by Sunday

Walker -Just like Coach and all of us BY’ers I’m expecting a major breakout year for Megan. I think she feels underrated and has a lot to prove to the naysayers. She needs to practice those free throws but I’m loving her aggression and so excited she’s so trigger happy and looking for her spots. She’s become a much better passer as well!

ONO - why didn’t she play much in the second half? I think she needs the most reps, it is all about confidence for her, she seems stronger but still pretty frail to me, I look forward to seeing her against other bigs from Cal, Baylor, SoCar, etc. She’s also becoming a better passer out of the double team and looking for cutters.

Griffin - hands down our best on-ball defender and only a freshman. I can see Geno putting her on Sabrina when we matchup w/ Oregon since she is so long and quick like Richards from Baylor. She gives effort and at this point this is all we can really ask from our frosh, definitely satisfied!

Kyla will be crucial for us! Her ability to rebound and nail spot-up 3’s will be important for those higher profile games when Geno puts her in and the opposing players forget about her in the corner. She’ll end up being our best shooter (percentage wise), it’ll just depend on how many shots she’ll take.

Molly & Ev - they need to provide good minutes when the starters need rest and those grueling drawn out AAC blow-out games. We’re only about 7 deep with Westbrook’s appeal pending so we really need those two to lessen the mistakes. A few times I saw Geno on the sideline infuriated by a mistake they made, particularly a terrible bounce pass Molly throw from almost half court to one of our posts.

We’re a 3pt shooting heavy team IMO and although Geno mentioned he is stressing 2-pointers and 3pt’s from And-one’s I can already see these ladies love to shoot the three. Here’s to their accuracy and shot efficiency this season, super excited for Sunday!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom