Tre Mitchell OV - This weekend | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell OV - This weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I really appreciate all the guys that contribute regularly. @husky99 @Zionn @BFieldHusky @AntG168 @auror @tcf15 @Storrs South

I try to add whenever I can, but unfortunately, Hurley and Co has not been in the Midwest as much, so my insight has gone from little to zero.

I have never had an ounce of insider news in my many many years on this board. But I agree w/kansashusky that I GREATLY appreciate all the guys that contribute regularly with solid news or even speculation. As a diehard fan and someone who LOVES to follow the recruiting wars, I am logical/rational enough to know this is a game with lots and lots of factors and volatility. No one is perfectly accurate, and even sources may have bad info. But reading and following recruits and the chessboard is thrilling for me (except when we lose). The buzz and momentum of the program has been completely reinvigorated and I want to personally thank the "insiders" for all they do for this board. It's a thankless task and you are putting yourself up for abuse, but PLEASE don't stop!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The reason Zionn doesn’t give you every little detail is because the second a recruit changes his mind and something unexpected happens, people like you will go crazy and call him a liar. You know, basically what you’re doing right now for no reason.
@Zionn only took heat when there was speculation Danial Hamilton was transferring. Zionn declared next and it didn't happen. It was the only time his concise message was hammered. There were many posters who took Zionn to task over this. I was one of them for which I want to apologize.
It was after this episode Zionn reduced his declarations. That's a shame.

We also chased away the high school kid (forgot his name) who brought good info about recruiting. When some of his projections didn't pan out he got hammered by a few posters. We almost pushed @husky99 away because he supported Adam Zagoria at a time when Adam appeared hostile to UConn and recruiting was horrible. I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing that @Chief00 is impervious to all of us.

The liberal side of me wants to say we should recognize recruiting is fluid, take the information with a grain of salt and not attack the messengers. The conservative side of me wants to say messengers should grow a pair. The Chief00 in me says "quite frankly none of us should give a dam". When the dam breaks it will either break our hearts, make us feel fantastic or something in between. Only we can chose the way it affects us.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don’t think my opinion on Zionn’s messages regarding “inside” info will change how he posts.
Zionn is seen as the lead insider, yet he never provides specific info, just general vague messages that is more or less a reflection of the info publicly available on a recruit.

I'm all confused. I thought you were referring to chief.

C

Chief00

They like to exaggerate that stuff at prep schools. Just like every kid under the sun runs a 4.7 40. I wouldn't read too much into it. Even his highlights showed an earthbound kid
From seeing him live, I think he can jump - just not a quick jumper like Sticks or Akok.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The vast majority of recruits that we offer will not be attending UConn. The same simple math holds true for almost all schools not named UK or Duke (even then the number of recruits offered that will ultimately end up committing elsewhere is higher than the number of recruit who are offered and do end up committing to Duke or UK).

Pretty much any UConn fan who follows recruiting will have the same "NEXT" success rate as zionn.

But if people enjoy zionn's posts, then all the more power to zionn and those who find his posts valuable. Zionn has generally been a good poster who I don't recall ever being condescending or denigrating to other posters.

OK, so you be sure to tell us which guys are a 'NEXT' in the future. And be mostly accurate about it.

Zionn posts 'Next' when it's damn near guaranteed we aren't getting a guy, even if everyone else seems to think we have a shot, and the recruit's still getting talked about and hyped on the board.

It's a great filter for recruiting purposes.

If he says something, pay attention. It doesn't mean he's always right. Because, even though we joke about it, recruiting IS fluid. Kids are fickle.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The reason Zionn doesn’t give you every little detail is because the second a recruit changes his mind and something unexpected happens, people like you will go crazy and call him a liar. You know, basically what you’re doing right now for no reason.
Especially with all the FBI stuff flying around, outside sources easily influence these players, when they're already capable of quickly changing their own minds.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Especially with all the FBI stuff flying around, outside sources easily influence these players, when they're already capable of quickly changing their own minds.

Yup. That was likely a piece of the Diallo snafu.

C

Chief00

I really appreciate all the guys that contribute regularly. @husky99 @Zionn @BFieldHusky @AntG168 @auror @tcf15 @Storrs South @Matrim55

I try to add whenever I can, but unfortunately, Hurley and Co has not been in the Midwest as much, so my insight has gone from little to zero.

Thanks for abiding by my wishes and not classifying me as an “Insider”. As previously stated, I have “Relationships” with all types of people not “Insiderships”. I am friends with people for that reason alone and not due to any position or inside knowledge they hold.
Quite frankly, Chief has always been that way and always will.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I really appreciate all the guys that contribute regularly. @husky99 @Zionn @BFieldHusky @AntG168 @auror @tcf15 @Storrs South @Matrim55

Sorry guys . Have not been farming my contact for info.. dating.. will work on it.. I understand the Small print when you sign up for the boneyard states that you need to give them your soul and full attention. Haha.. I am back

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
There's no problem with that. If he's strong, can box out and rebound, and pass, then he can be really good. DeJuan Blair was no high flyer but he dominated.
Don't disagree but he has a lot of work in the weight room to do to begin to be discussed with Blair.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Sorry guys . Have not been farming my contact for info.. dating.. will work on it.. I understand the Small print when you sign up for the boneyard states that you need to give them your soul and full attention. Haha.. I am back

Go son! Good for you. You've had a tough last year or two

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Don't disagree but he has a lot of work in the weight room to do to begin to be discussed with Blair.

That's the only example that came to mind. But there's tons of guys over the years. Notre Dame seems to have had tons (the Harangody's of the world). BC too (Curley/Dudley types).

Reaction Score
That's the only example that came to mind. But there's tons of guys over the years. Notre Dame seems to have had tons (the Harangody's of the world). BC too (Curley/Dudley types).
This is nice and all but you're naming a bunch of players who are just better basketball players than Josh. I hope he improves and is someone we can consistently dump it down to in the post for buckets but he's not going to be like Blair, Curley, Dudley, and Harangody.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This is nice and all but you're naming a bunch of players who are just better basketball players than Josh. I hope he improves and is someone we can consistently dump it down to in the post for buckets but he's not going to be like Blair, Curley, Dudley, and Harangody.
I have no idea why everyone is shlting on josh after one year where he wasn’t coached and wasn’t helped developing. I think he’ll be a very good player on both ends of the court

Reaction Score
I have no idea why everyone is shlting on josh after one year where he wasn’t coached and wasn’t helped developing. I think he’ll be a very good player on both ends of the court
It's not sh1ting on Josh to say he's not going to be one of the best players in the country. Blair was Big East POY, Curley was 2× First team Big East, Harangody was Big East POY, and Dudley was First team Big East and ACC POY.

Reaction Score

I tend to agree with you. Josh had a very good freshman season (one of the few bright spots) and will become a quality big man in time. Theres no reason to think he cant average 12 and 8 by his Junior season. He had 13 and 9 against Villanova last season.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It's not sh1ting on Josh to say he's not going to be one of the best players in the country. Blair was Big East POY, Curley was 2× First team Big East, Harangody was Big East POY, and Dudley was First team Big East and ACC POY.
Wasn’t really directed at you but everyone else.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Probably true. My whole point was being earthbound ain't necessarily a bad thing in college. Ultimately, fundamentals are the most important thing at this level.

I was originally talking about tre Mitchell in this context mind you

Reaction Score
This is s team fan board and optimism is good and all. But I am as you say sh1ting about this front court especially the 4 and 5. I really want to be wrong so I will join AO and go all Missouri. Show me.

Reaction Score
I thought it was Anthony Harris a combo.

Could well be. I know Best was being recruited around that time and happened to meet him at an event a few weeks before he committed to Ga Tech and asked if he was set on a decision and he smiled and said he's still thinking.

Reaction Score
Mitchell Is Next Recruit Up Hartford Courant Dom Amore October 5

Good article, more information. Can someone post this please? I did not think we needed a whole other thread.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin