Tre Mitchell Crystal Ball for... | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell Crystal Ball for...

Reaction Score
UMass?!?!

Imagine that.

1551475101735.png

Reaction Score
He has mentioned UMass as one of the teams pursuing him the hardest over the past couple of months. Maybe he likes the idea of being the big fish in a smaller pond.

Reaction Score
He has mentioned UMass as one of the teams pursuing him the hardest over the past couple of months. Maybe he likes the idea of being the big fish in a smaller pond.
Have we backed off or does it seem like he's just not interested in us?

Reaction Score
Have we backed off or does it seem like he's just not interested in us?

I have such a hard time imagining a kid preferring UMass to us so it logically follows that we backed off. But I also have no idea why we would back off with our frontcourt now that KC isn't an option... His style doesn't really fit Hurley's ideal but talent is talent. I hope he ends up here.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I have such a hard time imagining a kid preferring UMass to us so it logically follows that we backed off. But I also have no idea why we would back off with our frontcourt now that KC isn't an option... His style doesn't really fit Hurley's ideal but talent is talent. I hope he ends up here.
Maybe a bit of both, but I think a lot of it stemmed from the belief he’ll end up c/o 2020.

Reaction Score

For the most part, kids reclass to get better offers. Which leads me to believe that either he wants an offer better than ours, or that we aren't really pursuing him.

@intlzncster

Reaction Score
UMass? There should be a lot of playing time available but will the coach recruiting him still be there after this year? 13-20 last year and 10-18 so far this year with three games to go and he's losing Rashan Holloway!

Here's a quote from a retired coach in WMass who's not a UMass fan but goes to a fair number of their games.
He's not a UConn fan but shares our feelings about a number of the "high profile" coaches. I sent him the links to all the post game interviews with Khalid, et al, from the 1999 team and he responded with comments about a number of issues, including:

"...... things have gone from bad to worse at UMass .. a bunch of militant, selfish punks ..... looking forward to March Madness (and rooting against Coach K, Cal, Self snd the rest if the Snake Oil Salesman!) "

Mitchell could sure do better if what my friend says is true. Seems like a nice kid and it would be a shame to get involved in a messy situation with a coach on shaky ground.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom