Tre Bell Transferring To UConn- Confirmed | The Boneyard

Tre Bell Transferring To UConn- Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
noticed a while back that Tre Bell- current Vanderbilt CB was following a ton of UConn coaches and accounts on Twitter. Now Jamar Summers has tweeted that he's coming. Is there any actual news of this yet or is it still wishful thinking? Kid's Twitter account is @T_Bell4

Reaction Score
If true, on paper, where would he stand on depth chart? Knowing he soul have to sit.

Reaction Score
noticed a while back that Tre Bell- current Vanderbilt CB was following a ton of UConn coaches and accounts on Twitter. Now Jamar Summers has tweeted that he's coming. Is there any actual news of this yet or is it still wishful thinking? Kid's Twitter account is @T_Bell4

Think they have to wait until tomorrow (recruiting dead period ends after today) to announce anything.

Reaction Score

There was quite a bit of discussion on the Football Recruiting Forum back mid-December on Bell. He's a Jersey kid who went to St Peter Prep and who's dad is the head coach @ East Orange High where T. Beals and O. Stephen's went. 21 FBS offers coming out of HS (including ND, UF, Michigan, Nebraska, and the usual East Coast suspects.

Reaction Score
He already used up his rs and played two years so I assume that if he sits out next year, unless a waiver, he has only one year left to play.

Reaction Score
He already used up his rs and played two years so I assume that if he sits out next year, unless a waiver, he has only one year left to play.

The SBnation article, if I read it right, said he played as a true freshman in 2014 and last year was his sophomore year. That would give him 2 years after using his RS year to sit out.

Then again I could be wrong. :cool:

Reaction Score
Bio on the Vandy site had him rs as a frosh and playing the last two years.

Reaction Score
The SBnation article, if I read it right, said he played as a true freshman in 2014 and last year was his sophomore year. That would give him 2 years after using his RS year to sit out.

Then again I could be wrong. :cool:

...and so it goes. Wrong again...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

That's odd... IIRC when you transfer to another FBS school you have to sit a year.. You don't lose a year because of it, only, in some conferences if you transfer from one school to another within the same conference... In this case, he's going from SEC to AAC... so he sits in '16 and plays '17 and '18...

Am I wrong?

Reaction Score
That's odd... IIRC when you transfer to another FBS school you have to sit a year.. You don't lose a year because of it, only, in some conferences if you transfer from one school to another within the same conference... In this case, he's going from SEC to AAC... so he sits in '16 and plays '17 and '18...

Am I wrong?

I think you've got five years to play 4 and the clock starts when you enroll as a full time student regardless of how many years you've played. So if you enroll in 2010 and play two year and take two years off you've got one year left to play - unless you get a waiver. Been a while since looked at the rules, but it used to be that way, it may have changed.

Reaction Score
He did not sit though. This kid has to sit.
The difference behind that was, Shakim Phillips, was a grad transfer mentioned previously in the thread.

Reaction Score
Shakim Philips did it for one year in his return to BC.
His situation was different.. He transferred to UCONN and sat out a year then went back to BC as a GS transfer...

Reaction Score
A good get for sure. Believe he has years of eligibility left after sitting out next season. Not an immediate impact on game day, but could be on the practice field which could benefit everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom