Travis Haney on WTIC | The Boneyard

Travis Haney on WTIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Didn't listen but reading between the tweets sounds like Travis Haney - whoever the is - saying we don't deliver NYC DMA and/or not on big 12 radar. Only assumptions here

Reaction Score
He said he doesn't see how adding 2 teams is going to save the conference unless it's big time schools like FSU.
I believe he did say that a network would be an important part of adding UConn but doesn't think the league will add teams from the G5 unless they add P5 first.
He agrees with Gresh that GORs can be destroyed if a conference and a locked up school want each other badly enough. I don't see it happening because of the court battles and ugliness that would ensue, but what do I know.

On a side note, Gresh should tread lightly because the bottom line is he screwed up by not asking Tramel about UConn, however he wants to cut it. And if the Big 12 does in fact end up adding UConn and cite the CT and NYC DMA as part of the reason, he will look like a massive boob of epic proportions.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He said he doesn't see how adding 2 teams is going to save the conference unless it's big time schools like FSU.
I believe he did say that a network would be an important part of adding UConn but doesn't think the league will add teams from the G5 unless they add P5 first.
He agrees with Gresh that GORs can be destroyed if a conference and a locked up school want each other badly enough. I don't see it happening because of the court battles and ugliness that would ensue, but what do I know.

On a side note, Gresh should tread lightly because the bottom line is he screwed up by not asking Tramel about UConn, however he wants to cut it. And if the Big 12 does in fact end up adding UConn and cite the CT and NYC DMA as part of the reason, he will look like a massive boob of epic proportions.

That was the interview I heard being promoted last night. The reason Travis Haney was on the show was because of the Twitter Army that called Gresh out for not asking any UConn questions the other day and someone at the station decided, based on the feedback, that they needed a do-over on the Tramel interview. I will guarantee that. Now let's see if Gresh will cop to that and tell us this interview was booked because fans were asking for UConn-centric info.

Reaction Score
That was the interview I heard being promoted last night. The reason Travis Haney was on the show was because of the Twitter Army that called Gresh out for not asking any UConn questions the other day and someone at the station decided, based on the feedback, that they needed a do-over on the Tramel interview. I will guarantee that. Now let's see if Gresh will cop to that and tell us this interview was booked because fans were asking for UConn-centric info.
He tweeted smugly that it was eerily quiet from UConn fans. I call him out saying that he basically brought in a guy he knew would say UConn has no shot at B12. He's still convinced about this. Too bad that this is the kind of media presence UConn has for its flagship station.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
He tweeted smugly that it was eerily quiet from UConn fans. I call him out saying that he basically brought in a guy he knew would say UConn has no shot at B12. He's still convinced about this. Too bad that this is the kind of media presence UConn has for its flagship station.

It's quiet because he asked UConn-related questions. We have nothing to yell at him about now. We can't help the answers. We may not like them but it sounds like he asked the questions this time. That's all we wanted. And someone at the station told him that that's what we wanted and booked someone again so those questions could finally be asked.

It was a mea culpa interview even if they refuse to admit that.

Reaction Score
Travis Haney is the guy that tweeted last year that if all these G5 jobs were open he'd choose them in this order:
"If they were all open, to me first 10 Group of 5 jobs would be: Cincinnati, UCF, Boise, BYU, USF, Houston, SMU, Colo St, Memphis, ECU.
11:57 AM - 25 Feb 2015"

Yesterday he tweeted that another list is coming and Cincy is #1 again based on "P5 promise".

He's definitely a hater because I assure you, Bob Diaco wouldn't have taken most of those jobs. Bob bought into the brand. This guy has an agenda for whatever reason.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Travis Haney is the guy that tweeted last year that if all these G5 jobs were open he'd choose them in this order:
"If they were all open, to me first 10 Group of 5 jobs would be: Cincinnati, UCF, Boise, BYU, USF, Houston, SMU, Colo St, Memphis, ECU.

Yesterday he tweeted that another list is coming and Cincy is #1 again based on "P5 promise".

He's definitely a hater because I assure you, Bob Diaco wouldn't have taken most of those jobs. Bob bought into the brand.

That may be the order he chooses them in if money offered at each of those schools were all equal. They're not. UConn pays more. He would have chosen us.

Reaction Score

He's definitely a hater because I assure you, Bob Diaco wouldn't have taken most of those jobs. Bob bought into the brand. This guy has an agenda for whatever reason.
Exactly. The interview with Gresh was a troll job.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
To be honest, I had no idea who this fella was before his Tramel "interview". Then when I listened to it, only thanks to a simple link provided here on the other thread, I was instantly sold that listening to him again wasn't worth my time so I did not nor will I make an attempt to listen to this one. He knows absolutely nothing about college sports or conference realignment. I would value Scott Gray, concessions guy at the Spring Game, any car wash employee anywhere, anyone on Twitter in the state of West Virginia, and the next person to hear it from a friend of a friend of a friend over anything that comes out of that clown's mouth.

Probably won't be long before he's off the air here too. He is clueless.

Reaction Score
He started up with a few of us tonight on Twitter.

Reaction Score
In no way does he even wanna have a reasonable discussion on the situation. Which tells you what? He knows nothing about CR. Why would you argue when you know you're gonna lose? That being said, he has no problem calling people names on Twitter. He's as mature as a 13 year old girl.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He started up with a few of us tonight on Twitter.

So, a guy with an afternoon talk show wraps up his work week and proceeds to invest his Friday afternoon energy fishing for argument's on Twitter with sports fans.

1. Nice life.
2. Nice career arc.

Reaction Score
Has anyone noticed that his on-air partner has not chimed in 1x...and he was mentioned in a few tweets. Speaks volumes...his little BC buddy JoeBags is a tool too.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I actually heard him say yesterday on the air that he "would be excited as a puppy with two peters" about something. The guy clearly has orders to be as "edgy" as the market will permit. Too bad he's a dope with a limited learning capacity.

Reaction Score
He was out of work and needed a job where he didn't have to relocate and still keep his Patriots gig. WTIC figured they had someone to pair with Joe to compete against Dibb's. Very evident this market is beneath him and when he gets a chance he's out of here

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Now I remember that troll Travis Haney. Does he have any insider Big 12 contacts? Pretty sure Tramel knows more about what Boren thinking or anyone else in the Big 12 is thinking than Haney. And Haney is based out of Nashville - doubt he's really plugged in. Sounds like a like a troll job by Gresh and he knows he ducked up by not asking the right guy the right questions.

Reaction Score
If this is WTIC's idea of crushing UCONN fans' hopes and dreams, then they are doing a horrible job. What does this idiot have to gain by telling UCONN fanbase that they got no chance of getting into a P5? UCONN should fire this idiot and hire Dooley as the new host. Regardless how delusional this guy thinks we are, UCONN fans want someone who is on their side and not works against them to crush their dreams.

Reaction Score
Another reason not to listen to the radio. Never heard of Gresh before yesterday, and will not put on football pregames at my tailgate until he's gone

Reaction Score
Very evident this market is beneath him and when he gets a chance he's out of here
Hah, below Gresh? Well, there's always the possibility of returning to the crap stain, west Pennsylvania coal town from which he originates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom