Travelers Championship Preview | The Boneyard

Travelers Championship Preview

Reaction Score
Hi everyone,

Thanks again as always for your support. I've got a full Travelers Champ preview pod that I just put out and has something for everyone. I've got Mark Immelman of CBS Sports- he'll be doing on-course reporting this week and he breaks down the course, what it's like for players coming here following the US Open and some player analysis (putting his golf instructor hat on). We've then got Brad Field who gives a quick weather update for this week (spoiler: Saturday and Sunday are the days to go). Finally, for those interested in sports betting we've got Jason Sobel of the Action Network on to really break down the field and players he likes.

Check it out here:

Don't forget the Travelers pick contest as well: Connecticut Scoreboard Travelers Championship Contest

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Real good field. Should be plenty enough for any golf fan or casual sports fan to latch on to for four days.

Had a reputation for a while as a tour spot for first time winners. Stronger fields more recently have made for better name players.

Last four holes are great TV with opportunities to score and a couple of spots where you have to take your foot off the accelerator. If I had God power, I'd move the tee on 17 about 5 yards left and 10-15 yards further back. Staying on the last four hole theme, I'd like somewhere in the last hour a leader needing to hit a solid mid to long iron with some pressure. Put that tee back and offset it a bit, and it puts the pond more in their sight line and their left with 175+ over the corner of the pond to the green. I'd also make the 18th a bit of dog leg right. Shift the fairway 10-15 yards starting around 220 yards and keep it up to about the 310 mark. Put a few hills, moguls on the right side to guard against bombing it though the dogleg. Maybe even a tree. I'd like a tee shot on 18 to put some thought in to players' heads rather than bombing it 330+.

Reaction Score
The best thing that could happen is a Sunday with Koepka, Molinari, Phil, Speith,Finau, Fleetwood, Dechambeau, Thomas and Bubba all in it. Need a name to win it this year again. Fine's first win would be a nice touch. Or the Norwegian from Ok State to make a run in his first pro gig after a nice US Open.

Great field can't wait to watch. Tough weather tomorrow yikes!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Great field, especially for the week after the US Open. I'm picking Paul Casey.

Reaction Score
Real good field. Should be plenty enough for any golf fan or casual sports fan to latch on to for four days.

Had a reputation for a while as a tour spot for first time winners. Stronger fields more recently have made for better name players.

Last four holes are great TV with opportunities to score and a couple of spots where you have to take your foot off the accelerator. If I had God power, I'd move the tee on 17 about 5 yards left and 10-15 yards further back. Staying on the last four hole theme, I'd like somewhere in the last hour a leader needing to hit a solid mid to long iron with some pressure. Put that tee back and offset it a bit, and it puts the pond more in their sight line and their left with 175+ over the corner of the pond to the green. I'd also make the 18th a bit of dog leg right. Shift the fairway 10-15 yards starting around 220 yards and keep it up to about the 310 mark. Put a few hills, moguls on the right side to guard against bombing it though the dogleg. Maybe even a tree. I'd like a tee shot on 18 to put some thought in to players' heads rather than bombing it 330+.
Almost impossible to alter 18 significantly. You’d trash the natural amphitheater and lose all the corporate tents.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

17 is essentially perfect. That’s my roost and the birdies are already rare.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom