Travel Restrictions and Recruiting | The Boneyard

Travel Restrictions and Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

How will CT’s travel quarantine on FL,TX and other recruit rich southern states impact recruiting? This may become problematic, especially if it extends into the Fall?

Various restrictions by CT and other states could impact travel by coaches,recruits and ultimately teams traveling to or from CT for games.

Please respond with football focused answers not political.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Recruiting dead period already extended through end of August. The state bits are largely irrelevant until then.

Games? Anybody's guess at this point, but the recent surges in certain states may very well make those decisions for everyone. Thanks hayseeds.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
How will CT’s travel quarantine on FL,TX and other recruit rich southern states impact recruiting? This may become problematic, especially if it extends into the Fall?

Various restrictions by CT and other states could impact travel by coaches,recruits and ultimately teams traveling to or from CT for games.

Don’t book a week in Florida. You’ll be there an extra two weeks. It’s a mess every which way. Athletic connected travel would seem to have to be in the same boat. Arrive two weeks before your events. Unless business travel is exempted and college sports thrown into that category, I don’t see how it can be getting special treatment. Look at how players and staff at a bunch of schools are testing positive.

On a related note, I don’t think anyone answered a question I raised about our foreign players. We have two Canadian QBs plus a few others If they didn’t stay on campus and. went home, I think current. restrictions don’t let them back in. Any knowledge of their whereabouts? A lot of our teams have foreign players.

Reaction Score
On a related note, I don’t think anyone answered a question I raised about our foreign players. We have two Canadian QBs plus a few others If they didn’t stay on campus and. went home, I think current. restrictions don’t let them back in. Any knowledge of their whereabouts? A lot of our teams have foreign players.

We'll find out for sure in a few days (Football returning to campus starting July 1) but I believe our kids from north of the border are okay as long as they have their I-20 Certificate of Eligibility in order.

Reaction Score
Recruiting dead period already extended through end of August. The state bits are largely irrelevant until then.

This^ (wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it gets extended into the fall and the Early Signing period in December for football gets impacted/jiggled)

Reaction Score
Get an exception from the NCAA. They can come visit but we get to quarantine them on campus for 2 weeks.

Reaction Score

Not an attack but isn't it the MO of the all knowing Chief to be educating the hordes of The Boneyard. ;)
I get it, a thread where one can ask a question and then tell all who respond just how wrong they are.

I'll bite with they will just continue doing what they have under the same conditions and coming up so far with one of our best recruiting classes since Randy's return. No rocket science needed on this one, just coaches good with social media and promoting UConn. Stay with the recruiting game plan already implemented.

Reaction Score

You first.

Reaction Score
When considering the factors of decisions made in regards to the health and welfare of CT. UConn sports should be the #1 consideration.
I know this is sarcasm but we need sports. Everything is all political and ridiculous otherwise. Need something because televised corn hole isn’t cutting it

Reaction Score

It's not much because of the difference in talent levels but it helps UConn alot in recruiting in state kids. Next is who should we be recruiting in Connecticut, and this effects basketball and baseball among others, not just football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom