Trap games before . . . | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Trap games before . . .

Reaction Score
The current NET #1 vs #2 game of SCar at UConn? Could that luster get tarnished?

SCar has Vandy., Arkansas, Bama and Kentucky. Kentucky did “trap” us last year before the NCAAs but this ain’t the same Wildcat team. Arky and Bama ain’t bad. Better than Mizzou was last year when they ambushed us.

UConn has Butler, DePaul, Tennessee, Villanova and Providence . Thoughts???
The game is a entertainment game, nothing more, so really doesn't matter who wins!
Hopefully both teams get something out of it, and no one gets hurt!
Both teams are concentrating on winning their conferences.
As a UCONN fan, even if UCONN won, there is no way SC isn't still rated #1 going into NCAA'S!

Reaction Score
With only 5 real players I'd be fine if they just took the L on this one and just rotated in the bench a much possible to rest the starters for Marquette. Maybe if we had Azzi or CD I'd be interested in this game but without them it's as significant as playing Northeastern, an outcome that is already decided and doesn't make a difference. The goal is to come out without anymore injuries.

There is no real rivalry or animosity with South Carolina like there is with Tennessee and Notre Dame and its not a conference game which means when nothing is on the line its just not that interesting of a match up.
I'd agree cause the coach's respect each other, not the case with NC and Tenn. back in the days of their rivalries!
When SC loses to UCONN, or UCONN loses to SC, their coaches don't make excuses, they say the other team was the better team, period! Not with Tenn and ND with their past coaches!
I think this bleeds over to the fans as well, SC and UCONN fans want to beat each other, but still respect the other's teams! Tenn and ND fans never seemed to respect UCONN, it's just vitriol from them! That's my take on it!

Reaction Score
But you ARE at home. It matters.
My take, If UCONN shoots well from the outside, they'll have a good chance to win, if they don't they'll lose!
SC is healthy, and home court won't matter that much!
SC doesn't have the fire power on the outside to stay with a hot 3 point team, but they'll be steady inside.
It'll be tough for UCONN in this game with Azzi and Caroline out, they only have 1 (Lou) go to 3 pt shooter, making it easier for SC to guard!
With 3 of them playing, hopefully by NCAA tournament time, it makes it difficult for any team to guard.
The game as it is really helps UCONN's bigs, and the SC guards get an idea of what they'll need to accomplish if there is a rematch in the NCAA's.

Reaction Score
I'd agree cause the coach's respect each other, not the case with NC and Tenn. back in the days of their rivalries!
When SC loses to UCONN, or UCONN loses to SC, their coaches don't make excuses, they say the other team was the better team, period! Not with Tenn and ND with their past coaches!
I think this bleeds over to the fans as well, SC and UCONN fans want to beat each other, but still respect the other's teams! Tenn and ND fans never seemed to respect UCONN, it's just vitriol from them! That's my take on it!
Agree that the coaches (Dawn /Geno) have a much better relationship that seems founded in respect. MM used disrespect (imo) to help her team see beyond any intimidation they may otherwise have had from UCONN.
But I do think that the elite athletes that come to UCONN/SC are competitors. They want to play against the best competition- and win. It’s very motivating for them. We saw it in the TN game: Jordan H was super motivated, and so were the Huskies. I understand what you mean by the game is just for “entertainment”. But the human ego is a funny thing: wars are fought over perceived slights and injustices. The kids who chose SC/CT want to show everyone they made the right choice- that they are the best. I think we’ll get a chance to enjoy a hard fought super competitive game between the two best programs in WCBB. Go Huskies!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let's face it. UConn and still=distant LSU are dominating the minds of our gals.
Oh, come on now. What chance does either class have against what one could argue is the best team ever assembled in women’s college basketball? Maybe the combined squads might be able to keep it within 20. In all honesty, I’d be surprised if the Gamecocks pay much attention to whomever the cannon fodder is on game day.

Reaction Score
Oh, come on now. What chance does either class have against what one could argue is the best team ever assembled in women’s college basketball? Maybe the combined squads might be able to keep it within 20. In all honesty, I’d be surprised if the Gamecocks pay much attention to whomever the cannon fodder is on game day.
Your poor-mouthing is gagging me. Save it for next week when the trap games are finished

CL82

Reaction Score
Your poor-mouthing is gagging me. Save it for next week when the trap games are finished
Whatever you say. I’m just grateful a team that could easily win. The WNBA championship is willing to schedule a game against an injury ravaged Connecticut team.

Agree with you that talking about games further down the schedule than the next game is a pointless exercise.

Reaction Score
??? Oh I get it, your joking!

CL82

Reaction Score
They are really just chickens with an attitude! Are you saying you live in dread of chickens?:cool:
:eek::rolleyes:
No, just gamey cocks.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The "Ball"

Reaction Score
Let’s hope today marked the freedom from traps for both of us. We were lethargic and y’all were challenged.

Kentucky and Providence!

Reaction Score
Let’s hope today marked the freedom from traps for both of us. We were lethargic and y’all were challenged.

Kentucky and Providence!
Providence would be the trap game in this scenario. The game sandwiched between two ranked games.

Honestly with all these injuries I’d be surprised if the South Carolina game wasn’t treated as a rest game for the starters. Keep Aaliyah, Lou and Nika on the bench as long as possible to keep them healthy for the second half of the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom