Transfers | The Boneyard

Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
2017 ESPN #81

She and her sister played on the Incarnate Word Academy team that also had Napheesa Collier and Sonya Morris, who is now at DePaul.

Reaction Score
She and her sister played on the Incarnate Word Academy team that also had Napheesa Collier and Sonya Morris, who is now at DePaul.
We've had quite a few players come out of Incarnate Word but I don't think she had any interest in us out of high school.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
We've had quite a few players come out of Incarnate Word but I don't think she had any interest in us out of high school.
Neither sister had the talent to play for UConn. The oldest one went to Oklahoma and then transferred after two years. I don't know of any other Incarnate Word player other than Collier to play for UConn. Many have gone on to D1 programs but not to UConn. Maybe you can remember some.

Reaction Score
Neither sister had the talent to play for UConn. The oldest one went to Oklahoma and then transferred after two years. I don't know of any other Incarnate Word player other than Collier to play for UConn. Many have gone on to D1 programs but not to UConn. Maybe you can remember some.
I was referring to DePaul. I'm a Depaul fan. We have Sonya Morris, and incoming recruit Marisa Warren, and former WNBA draftee Felicia Chester.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
I was referring to DePaul. I'm a Depaul fan. We have Sonya Morris, and incoming recruit Marisa Warren, and former WNBA draftee Felicia Chester.
My mistake. Chester was a outstanding player, my favorite player until Collier came. I thought she was as good at Incarnate Word as Collier was. She was just as effective and the best player I've seen at Incarnate Word, second only to Collier. I watched her all four years of her high school career. I did not know Warren had committed to DePaul. She is one of their most accurate outside shooters.

Reaction Score
My mistake. Chester was a outstanding player, my favorite player until Collier came. I thought she was as good at Incarnate Word as Collier was. She was just as effective and the best player I've seen at Incarnate Word, second only to Collier. I watched her all four years of her high school career. I did not know Warren had committed to DePaul. She is one of their most accurate outside shooters.
She was incredible for us. Had an amazing hook shot. I miss those days when DePaul wasn't just shooting a bunch of 3s.

Reaction Score
McKenna finished her career at OU, she took a medical retirement, not a transfer.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
McKenna finished her career at OU, she took a medical retirement, not a transfer.
In listening to an Oklahoma announcer, she said McKenna had transferred. I believe it was the same year the 6'9" player also transferred. I wondered why she would transfer when she would have probably gotten a lot of playing time the following season. She sat I believe her junior year at Incarnate Word because of an injury and was able to play her senior year and help Incarnate win a state championship. Thanks for the information.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Was on another thread but worth mentioning here:
Chasity Patterson (former #4 recruit) to Kentucky
Relay Boothe (former #3 recruit) to MTSU
Anastasia Hayes (former #7 recruit) to MTSU

Reaction Score
6-5 C Fr. Daphane White (Mississippi Gulf Coast Community Colleege) was visiting LSU for their game on 12/27 vs. SE Louisiana. White was ranked #45 overall and #6 post by espnW in 2018.

Reaction Score
6-5 C Fr. Daphane White (Mississippi Gulf Coast Community Colleege) was visiting LSU for their game on 12/27 vs. SE Louisiana. White was ranked #45 overall and #6 post by espnW in 2018.

I'm really curious to see if Geno & Co add to the team for next year and if so, exactly how they do it.......................if my math is correct they will only have eight players available including Griffin if BC chooses not to return.....................having to choose between jucos, graduate transfers, foreign players, all because they refused to make another scholarship offer or two..................what a mess.........

Reaction Score
I'm really curious to see if Geno & Co add to the team for next year and if so, exactly how they do it........if my math is correct they will only have eight players available including Griffin if BC chooses not to return......having to choose between jucos, graduate transfers, foreign players, all because they refused to make another scholarship offer or two...what a mess....
It is a unique situation for Geno. Not sure if he is still looking for more additions (int’l) for 2019 or if he is done. I’m sure that he will go after a grad transfer if the right one is eligible and chooses to transfer. 8 is so thin. An injury or two, especially by a key player and yikes. I too wish they went for more in 2019.

Reaction Score
It is a unique situation for Geno. Not sure if he is still looking for more additions (int’l) for 2019 or if he is done. I’m sure that he will go after a grad transfer if the right one is eligible and chooses to transfer. 8 is so thin. An injury or two, especially by a key player and yikes. I too wish they went for more in 2019.

shocking position for the number one team in the country to be in and if they're not more aggressive with 2020 recruiting,things could get even worse..........

Reaction Score
They're starting already, perhaps time for their own thread:

I also posted this one in New News

Nice to see Lexi is about to find a good home. I'm very interested to see how well she does next season--extended.

Reaction Score
shocking position for the number one team in the country to be in and if they're not more aggressive with 2020 recruiting, things could get even worse.....

Extenuating circumstances don't help, i.e., Marisa taking a position in Boston, Shea too pregnant to travel, Geno with other coaches harking the virtues of Uconn in bus tours.
They can't be everywhere to do everything and still get top results.
It is my less than accurate or intelligent belief Geno et al will use a very big stick to pound the bushes with and drive a few needed top talent to UConn.
If this does not happen you can believe, and I never shall, that Geno and company have given up on UCWBB.

Things can't get much worse for Uconn next year. If Geno doesn't pick up a strong big, a talented 2 guard or wing, and a guard to relieve/replace Danger--who does Geno, without an injection of new-talented blood before next Nov, put on the floor along with Danger, Cw, Megan, ??? . Where will that new blood come from? Will ONO be ready to step in and takeover for Collier?, Will Coombs become a Danger on Steroids, will Touly be 100 percent. The ? marks remain another year.

Reaction Score
I’m curious to see how the bench minutes work next year. If it continues to be 40 minutes for most of the starters and only maybe 2-3 minutes for the bench or if the bench players are basically forced in and trial by fire ensues. Regardless, the 2020-2021 season will be even crazier because either UConn strikes out again for the 2020 recruiting class and has maybe 1 incoming freshmen (leaving [with current commits and players counted] 6 players on the roster), they’ll add a bunch of transfers, international players, juco players, or players that were not in the espn top 100 til fill out a roster, of they will have 3-5 incoming freshmen so they have a team of 8-10 players, leaving the team consisting of 2sr, 2jr, 1so, and 5fr. The future is unknown and exciting. These are the kinds of challenges I love to see worked out by the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
I’m curious to see how the bench minutes work next year. If it continues to be 40 minutes for most of the starters and only maybe 2-3 minutes for the bench or if the bench players are basically forced in and trial by fire ensues. Regardless, the 2020-2021 season will be even crazier because either UConn strikes out again for the 2020 recruiting class and has maybe 1 incoming freshmen (leaving [with current commits and players counted] 6 players on the roster), they’ll add a bunch of transfers, international players, juco players, or players that were not in the espn top 100 til fill out a roster, of they will have 3-5 incoming freshmen so they have a team of 8-10 players, leaving the team consisting of 2sr, 2jr, 1so, and 5fr. The future is unknown and exciting. These are the kinds of challenges I love to see worked out by the coaching staff.

it strains the imagination that UConn would rather bring in unknown talent from a junior college or a graduate student then to take a chance on say a #35 rated player who checks off at least the majority of boxes they are looking for........................perfection in recruiting is wonderful when you and not the recruit are making the ultimate decision but as we have witnessed getting top ten talent is hardly a sure thing.........................unless they get early verbals, if they don't make a bare minimum of eight offers for 2020 players they will be liable to see a repeat of the 2019 debacle except in 2020 it would be a fiasco.......

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
it strains the imagination that UConn would rather bring in unknown talent from a junior college or a graduate student then to take a chance on say a #35 rated player who checks off at least the majority of boxes they are looking for....perfection in recruiting is wonderful when you and not the recruit are making the ultimate decision but as we have witnessed getting top ten talent is hardly a sure thing.....unless they get early verbals, if they don't make a bare minimum of eight offers for 2020 players they will be liable to see a repeat of the 2019 debacle except in 2020 it would be a fiasco..
Then stop straining your imagination before you hurt yourself.
I thought you said UCONN had to make 11 offers to 2020 class why is 8 the new bare minimum?

Reaction Score
Interesting to guess about next year, but way too early. Likely it wont be until after the season ends that we fully understand what next year's line up MAY look like.

Reaction Score
Then stop straining your imagination before you hurt yourself.
I thought you said UCONN had to make 11 offers to 2020 class why is 8 the new bare minimum?

you should take it as a great compliment..........................if I go any further then eight I know I become a Jeff Walz fan in your eyes....................in all seriousness how many offers to top recruits do you think UConn needs to make in order to ensure a minimum three player yield in the 2020 class? What are the odds of getting PB, HV or Kapinus, Gusters, Marshall or Daniels? That's six right there and I'm not at all sure that any of them have UConn as their favorite..............I'd want another wing/small forward offered along with a third point guard................are you willing to take your chances with just those original six? I'm not unless UConn has assurances from several of them...............

Last edited:
Reaction Score
it strains the imagination that UConn would rather bring in unknown talent from a junior college or a graduate student then to take a chance on say a #35 rated player who checks off at least the majority of boxes they are looking for....perfection in recruiting is wonderful when you and not the recruit are making the ultimate decision but as we have witnessed getting top ten talent is hardly a sure thing.....unless they get early verbals, if they don't make a bare minimum of eight offers for 2020 players they will be liable to see a repeat of the 2019 debacle except in 2020 it would be a fiasco..

Sorry, but I find these assertions that UConn must make a "bare minimum of eight offers" rather silly. Geno and his staff will know how interested players are and their relative likelihood of committing to UConn, as well as whether or not they will be a fit for UConn's unique program. There is a reason why UConn is unlike any other program, and suddenly acting and recruiting like the Louisville's of the world is not the way to preserve the program's success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom