Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did we (he) not expect him to contribute this year? I've been to Monroe, I'll keep it at that. I guess the positives are warmer weather and it's not an impossible drive for the family, unless he really didn't jive with the coaching staff. Oh well.
Hah, Monroe's no day at the beach nor garden spot even by Louisiana standards. Once upon a time, a 3 month project felt much more like 3 years.

Reaction Score
ULM has Terry Bowden as HC... so, wouldn't surprise me one bit if they have a little success. Sure he hasn't won like he did way back when (Auburn in his hay day), but he understands the game and has been around a ton of talent. Heck maybe we should schedule a game with them???? We've been probably much worse than what's he's ever had over a decade... Just sayin.. could be an opportunity for us to put a FBS squad on the schedule..

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Former UCONN LB Eddie Hahn

Nice find...I plucked out the pertinent info

Hahn – a transfer from University of Connecticut, finished with eight tackles, two TFL, half a sack, forced fumble, pass breakup and QB hit. Hahn has brought a veteran presence to the lineup and his experience at the FBS level has paid big dividends for the Hawks defense.

Reaction Score

Hahn – a transfer from University of Connecticut, finished with eight tackles, two TFL, half a sack, forced fumble, pass breakup and QB hit. Hahn has brought a veteran presence to the lineup and his experience at the FBS level has paid big dividends for the Hawks defense.
That stat line is pretty ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I had high hopes for Hahn when he came here, he was a gamer in high school and I think he was just a little too much of a tweener here. Too slow for safety and not big enough for linebacker. Not surprised at all he is doing well, though.
big difference in the level of competition. watching us play some of the P 5 schools a couple of years ago I could not believe how small our players were in comparison. Hopefull we have closed the gap.

Reaction Score
Transfers to date: 2 FBS (1 Temple, 1 NE Lousiana/Monroe), 1 FCS (URI), 1 Div 2 or 3 (whatever Southern CT is), 1 Canadian club football (Montreal). Others TBD.

Reaction Score

This wasn't about Hahn, but caught my eye.
"mishandled a bad snap from center with senior safety Anthony Budd baring down on him"
There should be no place for nudity on the football field and this type behavior should be nipped in the Budd.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget Ryan Denmark is
All in here from a few posts back:

2020/2021 UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Commits/Transfers to date:

DB Oneil Robinson (Back in January) -> URI (FCS)
QB Jonathan Senecal (2020 Commit) -> Univ. of Montreal
DB Keyshawn Paul -> Temple (FBS)
DB Rob King (Grad Transfer)
TE Ventine Richardson (PWO)
P Luke Magliozzi (Grad Transfer)
RB/LB Lavarey Banton (PWO)
DL Caleb Thomas (Grad Transfer) -> Louisiana Monroe (FBS)
PK Clayton Harris (PWO)
RB Dominico Moncion (PWO)
OL Zach Early (2020 Commit)
DL/LB TJ Gardner (Grad Transfer) -> Southern CT (D2)
OL Alexander Wyatt (2020 JUCO Commit)
DL Marques Alexander (2020 Commit)
Dont forget Ryan Denmark from class of 2020 is gone as well.

Reaction Score
Dont forget Ryan Denmark from class of 2020 is gone as well.
Yeah, he’s kinda a strange one - unheralded late commit and then haven’t seen anything other than he’s not on the current roster (No transfer announcement). Still lists UConn on his Twitter profile.

Reaction Score
2020/2021 UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Commits/Transfers to date:

DB Oneil Robinson (Back in January) -> URI (FCS)
QB Jonathan Senecal (2020 Commit) -> Univ. of Montreal
DB Keyshawn Paul -> Temple (FBS)
DB Rob King (Grad Transfer)
TE Ventine Richardson (PWO)
P Luke Magliozzi (Grad Transfer)
RB/LB Lavarey Banton (PWO)
DL Caleb Thomas (Grad Transfer) -> Louisiana Monroe (FBS)
PK Clayton Harris (PWO)
RB Dominico Moncion (PWO)
OL Zach Early (2020 Commit)
DL/LB TJ Gardner (Grad Transfer) -> Southern CT (D2)
OL Alexander Wyatt (2020 JUCO Commit)
DL Marques Alexander (2020 Commit)
OL Ryan Denmark (2020 PWO)

Reaction Score
big difference in the level of competition. watching us play some of the P 5 schools a couple of years ago I could not believe how small our players were in comparison. Hopefull we have closed the gap.

We were playing with a bunch of kids that hadn’t yet bulked up. Randy will put P5 level athletes on the field. He’s always been good at that. His deficiencies lie elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Interesting on former transfer Darrian Beavers, playing inside lb now at 260lbs. He's going to get a lot of tv time as Cincy has big OOC matchups with ND and IU. A buddy of mine down in Cincy said their D is SEC good and he might be right based on their matchup vs. Georgia.

Darrian Beavers looks like an entirely different player​

One of the reasons the defense is still so dominant is the return of players like graduate cornerback Coby Bryant and graduate linebackers Joel Dublanko and Darrian Beavers.

The three, among others, used the added year of eligibility due to COVID-19 pandemic to return for another season following their senior campaigns in 2020.

Beavers, who spent the offseason working with UC Football Sports Performance Director Brady Collins, looks bigger, faster and stronger. The 6-foot-3 former Colerain High School standout has rebuilt his body and weighs in at about 260 pounds after adding more than 30 pounds of muscle.

"I knew I could carry the weight," said Beavers, who earned a second-team All-AAC selection last season. "I knew that I would be fine with it. I feel good out here. The best I've ever felt."

Reaction Score
Interesting on former transfer Darrian Beavers, playing inside lb now at 260lbs. He's going to get a lot of tv time as Cincy has big OOC matchups with ND and IU. A buddy of mine down in Cincy said their D is SEC good and he might be right based on their matchup vs. Georgia.

One of the reasons the defense is still so dominant is the return of players like graduate cornerback Coby Bryant and graduate linebackers Joel Dublanko and Darrian Beavers.

The three, among others, used the added year of eligibility due to COVID-19 pandemic to return for another season following their senior campaigns in 2020.

Beavers, who spent the offseason working with UC Football Sports Performance Director Brady Collins, looks bigger, faster and stronger. The 6-foot-3 former Colerain High School standout has rebuilt his body and weighs in at about 260 pounds after adding more than 30 pounds of muscle.

"I knew I could carry the weight," said Beavers, who earned a second-team All-AAC selection last season. "I knew that I would be fine with it. I feel good out here. The best I've ever felt."
The transfer I wanted to stay the most. Think he would have made a difference at DE here. A continuous need. Hopefully we have one or two now. Wish him the best.

Reaction Score

That sure seems big for a linebacker. If that's the size of Cincinnati linebackers, their defensive line must be something.
Hope UConn kids added size and strength like this, 30 lbs of muscle is a lot to add (I know how to add 30 lbs of fat, took me a while but wasn't that hard).

Reaction Score
That sure seems big for a linebacker. If that's the size of Cincinnati linebackers, their defensive line must be something.
Hope UConn kids added size and strength like this, 30 lbs of muscle is a lot to add (I know how to add 30 lbs of fat, took me a while but wasn't that hard).

They've moved him inside. He's probably going to get some Sunday looks even though he's a little older. From what i've read, he's about as athletic as you can get at 250 or 260lbs. They got a transfer back in the fall who was a Cincy Hs/Army AA who transferred back from Virginia Jawon Briggs who is an absolute freak of an inside tackle. My guess is Beavers is going to reap the windfall of playing behind him. I think all of their D lineman are back plus Briggs. Teams are going to have a hard time protecting their qb against that front. Briggs is another Sunday player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom