Transferee Braxtin Miller Ruled Immediately Eligible for Ohio St. | The Boneyard

Transferee Braxtin Miller Ruled Immediately Eligible for Ohio St.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Miller is a junior guard who transferred from Oklahoma State. Will be a real help to a very young OSU team, with her playmaking and three-point shot.

The author spends the latter part of the article on the total unpredictability of the NCAA's decisions and cites the Westbrook decision. No disagreement from me on the need for a having a straight line in the sand.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Well, OSU is also a football powerhouse as is the team with the Golden Dome. Coincidence????

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well, OSU is also a football powerhouse as is the team with the Golden Dome. Coincidence????

Based on a sample size of just one women's basketball player per school, you might have a point. But I think you should expand the search to get a truer picture:

- In late August and early September 2017, the Irish's initial request and appeal to have Football Safety Alohi Gilman become immediately eligible were denied. Here's an article from that time.

Because of those denials, no one in the ND Athletic Department was particularly upbeat about the Shepard request, particularly when the NCAA kept asking for more detials from the school.

- On the other hand, QB Justin Fields was granted immedaite eligibilty when he transferred from Georgia to Ohio State. He's currently starting for the highly ranked Buckeyes.

So, in the sport where both teams are football strongholds, there is a 50-50 recent record. So, if you do really believe there is a cross-fertilization between men's football and women's basketball, I'd look at the Buckeyes. The Irish are only at 50%! ;)

BTW, Gilman -- while not a household name -- is a starter, captain and has a very strong chance of playing on Sundays next year, so he's an impact player, like Shepard.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I was kinda vague in my post...I was thinking that the powerhouseness (did I make a word up?) of the football teams only affected the WBB transfers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom