Transfer Season | The Boneyard

Transfer Season

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nice signing by Spurs of all teams - Tanguy Ndombele. I don't believe that teams can stay the same and repeat the success of the year before, I'd like to see a signing from Liverpool. Getting the Ox back will help.

Reaction Score
Ndombele is huge for Spurs. If nothing else happens, it’s a good transfer season. Now if they can just land Lo Celso from Betis, then It’s a massive transfer season (although that means Eriksen is off to Madrid, which is likely to be the case). Would love it if they found a solid central defender too, as Vertongem is getting up there and Alderweireld only has a year left on his contract. .

Tottenham also being linked with Dani Ceballos from Madrid on a possible 1 year loan. He showed well at the U21 Euros for Spain.

Reaction Score
Ndombele is huge for Spurs. If nothing else happens, it’s a good transfer season. Now if they can just land Lo Celso from Betis, then It’s a massive transfer season (although that means Eriksen is off to Madrid, which is likely to be the case). Would love it if they found a solid central defender too, as Vertongem is getting up there and Alderweireld only has a year left on his contract. .

Tottenham also being linked with Dani Ceballos from Madrid on a possible 1 year loan. He showed well at the U21 Euros for Spain.

Sanchez and Foyth are more than adequate back up centerbacks until Vertonghem and Alderweireld move on. And I'd rather have Toby play next year than get $25M for a replacement who won't be as good next year.

Reaction Score
Sanchez and Foyth are more than adequate back up centerbacks until Vertonghem and Alderweireld move on. And I'd rather have Toby play next year than get $25M for a replacement who won't be as good next year.
I’d love to see Toby stay too... as well as Eriksen. we’ll see tho. Sanchez is really developing. He looked very good in the 2 Copa matches I watched Colombia play. I'm excited about Foyth too.

In other news, Levy apparently put negations with Real Betis for Lo Celso on hold due to their asking price remaining too high. Again, I’d prefer they sign Eriksen for a few more years, but if they can get €70,000 or more, hard deal to balk on when he walks for free after next season.

Ceballos loan rumors picking up steam. One year loan with buyback option (Arsenal and Liverpool interested in him too).

There’s a bunch of other target/rumors out there, hard to believe much coming from British media tho. They make the National Enquirer sound legit.

Reaction Score
I’m giving up on Roma. Not only have they sold good players in their prime like Manolas, but they are selling their youth as well, such as Zaniolo, Pellegrini and Under. And it gets worse. They are getting back old men like Higuain.

The owner ship is putrid. I need a new Serie A team so I’ll start following Napoli.

Reaction Score
Is Eriksen to Madrid a done deal? It's a tough one to track in the rumor mills. Spurs have done well this offseason.

Reaction Score
Is Eriksen to Madrid a done deal? It's a tough one to track in the rumor mills. Spurs have done well this offseason.
Not a done deal, at least not yet. Latest rumor is Spurs are working to retain he and Alderweireld (crossing fingers). A lot depends on what happens with Pogba I believe. They’re also going back on for Lo Celso, as well as the 1 year loan deal with Dani Ceballos from Real (Spain U21 stud).

Transfer rumors are incredible, so over to top you can’t believe anything until the club announces it.

Reaction Score
I like this signing; but, the Gunners' need help on defense this season...

PS - Also i nNorth London, Edu is returning as the new technical director.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I like this signing; but, the Gunners' need help on defense this season...
We need a CB, a LB, a RB, a MF (or 2), get rid of Ozil and possibly Mkhitaryan.......so with a £40 million transfer budget, we're looking at Zaha on the wing with a £80 million price tag.

:(:mad::oops::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
We need a CB, a LB, a RB, a MF (or 2), get rid of Ozil and possibly Mkhitaryan..so with a £40 million transfer budget, we're looking at Zaha on the wing with a £80 million price tag.

:(:mad::oops::rolleyes:

Who is out at CB?

Also, a bunch of CBs were just transferred across Europe. Interesting that Arsenal didn't go after any. Militao ended up at Real Madrid, Manolas went to Napoli, Hummels to BDortmund, Pavard to Bayern Munich, etc.

I can only conclude that Arsenal doesn't want to spend $30m on a center back.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Who is out at CB?

Also, a bunch of CBs were just transferred across Europe. Interesting that Arsenal didn't go after any. Militao ended up at Real Madrid, Manolas went to Napoli, Hummels to BDortmund, Pavard to Bayern Munich, etc.

I can only conclude that Arsenal doesn't want to spend $30m on a center back.
Koscielny (will be 34) is getting old and breaking down. Mustafi, just no (needs to go). Which leaves us with Socratis (eh so-so) and Holding (returning from ACL injury) and that's about it for CB's. Monreal who can play there, but is really our only decent LB and is getting old (33). A couple young CB's but they haven't really played much.

Arsenal doesn't want to spend $30m on anyone. :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom