Transfer Rules | The Boneyard

Transfer Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seeing as how Rich Rod is the new coach at Arizona and Rutgers transfer Tom Savage is a pro-style qb...I have a question. Does anyone know the rules about transfering while you are sitting out after transfering a first time? Jeff George did it when he went from Perdue to Miami (where he never played a down) to Illinois. Would Savage have to sit out another year or would he be eligible to play at a school other than Arizona next year (leaving him 3 years of eligibility)? Since he officially left Rutgers for Arizona I can't see how the BE could enforce the transfer rule they have (if a player transfers with in conference he has to sit out 2 years). If Savage is looming to move on, we may be a good landing spot for him. Close to home, pro-style offense, adds quality competion to the qb position.

Reaction Score
What I want to know is . . . How is Rich Rod good enough for Arizona to hire, but UConn (the fans anyway) seemed to thumb their noses at him. We needed a Rich Rod or a Mike Leach once Randy left for TerpTown . . . not Paul PasqualoZZzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
What I want to know is . . . How is Rich Rod good enough for Arizona to hire, but UConn (the fans anyway) seemed to thumb their noses at him. We needed a Rich Rod or a Mike Leach once Randy left for TerpTown . . . not Paul PasqualoZZzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

TDHusky...the answer to your question is REAL EASY.....Jeff Hathaway plain and simple didn't want a controversial hire! Pasqualoni will be his legacy and so far it fits like a glove!

Reaction Score
No idea what the rule is, but Savage cannot be thrilled about this. He is the antithesis of what RichRod wants in a QB. Tough break for the kid.

Reaction Score

Stupid question. He wasn't taking the job even if we offered.

Reaction Score
Seeing as how Rich Rod is the new coach at Arizona and Rutgers transfer Tom Savage is a pro-style qb...I have a question. Does anyone know the rules about transfering while you are sitting out after transfering a first time? Jeff George did it when he went from Perdue to Miami (where he never played a down) to Illinois. Would Savage have to sit out another year or would he be eligible to play at a school other than Arizona next year (leaving him 3 years of eligibility)? Since he officially left Rutgers for Arizona I can't see how the BE could enforce the transfer rule they have (if a player transfers with in conference he has to sit out 2 years). If Savage is looming to move on, we may be a good landing spot for him. Close to home, pro-style offense, adds quality competion to the qb position.

Without looking up the rules, my understanding is that Savage transferred to, say, UConn, he would have to sit out next season (2012) and would then have one year left to play one year in 2013. I don't know that UConn would be particularly interested in that.

If I'm Tom Savage, I'm going to the Colonial, 'Nova or Delaware or Towson, and playing in 2012 and 13 at that level. If you're good enough, you can get to the NFL from there. (And I'm not saying he is an NFL talent, but if he is good enough, and I'm sure he and his entourage think he may be, you can get to the NFL from the Colonial).

Reaction Score
Stupid question. He wasn't taking the job even if we offered.

Maybe. But as I said at the time, I would have spoken to him. Leach is a different story. Outstanding football coach, but what he did to James at a northeastern school would simply not have been tolerated. There was no reason to go there.

Reaction Score
Without looking up the rules, my understanding is that Savage transferred to, say, UConn, he would have to sit out next season (2012) and would then have one year left to play one year in 2013. I don't know that UConn would be particularly interested in that.

If I'm Tom Savage, I'm going to the Colonial, 'Nova or Delaware or Towson, and playing in 2012 and 13 at that level. If you're good enough, you can get to the NFL from there. (And I'm not saying he is an NFL talent, but if he is good enough, and I'm sure he and his entourage think he may be, you can get to the NFL from the Colonial).

I agree with this line of thinking. I think Savage ends up back on the east coast in the CAA if he does indeed leave Arizona. The Flacco route.

Reaction Score
As far as I know they get 5 years to play 4 on the field so you are right...he should have 2 left after this year (I forgot he transfered to Arizona after his sophmore year). I can see him ending up at Delaware like Flacco and Devlin did.

Reaction Score

a RichRod or a Mike LEach? i thought you wanted to see us pass the ball, and now you lament for RRod? Edsall passed more than RRod. while your posts have become increasingly idiotic over time, you should at least try to be consistent in your theme. do you want to pass, or do you want RRod? it can't be both

Reaction Score

I'm so tired of this kind of garbage. It shows so little understanding of what a football program is about thatit makes me ill. I'm singling this out, because it's just the latest garbage I"ve read about it.

The guy is a majorly successful college head coach, not one year, not a couple of mediocre years. A consistently successful HEAD COACH!!! Most of you haven't seen one before, unless you go back before 1998.

We can't be a top 25 program. IF our head coach is of the mold of constantly coaching up players and buried in the minutiae of running a football program. Running a D-1 footbal program with over 100 athletes in your charge, over 80 of which you are also responsible for making sure they are getting an education, and managing all the staff and meetings and organization and planning is no frigging joke.

The other thing a head coach needs to do is be able to frigging recruit. Pasqualoni is the best possible hire that this program could have gotten in that respect. THe guy knows EVERYBODY in the northeast. He successfully recruited for football in the northeast for decades.

WE are frigging lucky to have a coach like this to be able to crank up the level of athlete we're putting on the field for UConn, if only for a few years.

Because the bottom line, is that if we're going to continue to rise, the level of athlete on the field needs to improve.

I'm tired of tippy toeing around it, because I know there are people that read and write around here with personal connections to athletes. But if you don't have tough enough skin to realize that all athletes are not created equal, then I"m not sure what to say. EVery parent that has watched long enough, ad every athlete that has been on the field knows what I'mtalking about. You want to see kids succeed, but sometimes they're not the best athlete on the field. And there are 120 d-1 prorams, 85 scholarships apiece, do the math, in a country of 300+ million people.

THe legacy he will leave, is in training younger guys in knowing the territory, knowing the people, knowing the culture and showing them how to get the job done to build a program in the northeast - a TOP 25 program.

Rich Rod? I wasnt' against going after that guy, because he can recruit too.

Recruiting.

We've got a game against Rutgers on Saturday, and the players, I hope realize how special this opportunity is, a senior day, for division 1-A football program, and go out and kick ass.

Pasqualoni is not a tactician, he's not an x's and o's guy, he's not a guy that's all about developing players. HE's got people all around him, and is building an organization for that.

Pasqualoni is a head coach, and his job is to manage the organization properly, make sure it's humming, and go out and recruit.

I'm so tired of small time thinking. Anybody that can't see what's going on with this program right now, open your frigging eyes.

We built to a plateau up through 2010, we're laying bricks right now to build higher, and in the meantime, we've managed to go 4-6 with a shot, long shot, at still a post season.

Players play. Coaches coach. Ugg, so tired of the nonsense.

If pasqualoni chokes at takign the talent level of this program several notches up over the next few years, then he failed in his job. If the offense nd defensive and special teams coaches can't put the players in position to succeed, then they've failed at their jobs.

I don't see anything failing yet. WHen you run a system that's meant to take advantage of every possible thing you can do on the field, you run your system.

all right, done venting. So tired though, of seeing crap like that.

Reaction Score
So would I, and I'm pretty sure we at least approached him.
No way do I see Hathaway talking to either of those guys...Rich Rod because of the bs NCAA problems he had with practicing too much (Darius Miles/men's hoops issues with NCAA at the time) and the Leach thing was a phone call from ESPN to UConn and BE office who then called UConn because of his lawsuit against them. If I were a betting man I'd say that's why he went from looking at houses in MD after his interview to getting beat out by Edsall for that job.

Reaction Score
Maybe. But as I said at the time, I would have spoken to him. Leach is a different story. Outstanding football coach, but what he did to James at a northeastern school would simply not have been tolerated. There was no reason to go there.

Wouldn't be tolerated at PSU? Sending him to a dark room was quite the mean thing, made his daddy cry. I'm sure BCU is way above something like that, the honorable boys that they are.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be tolerated at PSU? Sending him to a dark room was quite the mean thing, made his daddy cry. I'm sure BCU is way above something like that, the honorable boys that they are.

I have utterly no idea what point you are trying to make. But if your point is that a coach should be free to punish in any way a player diagnosed with a concussion for being unable to practice, or for wearing sunglasses while standing outdoors with a concussion and being unable to practice, I disagree. UConn would not tolerate that and I wouldn't want them to.

Reaction Score
a RichRod or a Mike LEach? i thought you wanted to see us pass the ball, and now you lament for RRod? Edsall passed more than RRod. while your posts have become increasingly idiotic over time, you should at least try to be consistent in your theme. do you want to pass, or do you want RRod? it can't be both

What I want most of all are offensive TD's and lot's of them (or is that too "idiotic"). What I want is an exciting offense that can score from anywhere at anytime (again, "idiotic" I'm sure). IMO, a good passing attack is the way to go, but I can't argue with what West Virginia was able to accomplish.

UConn was lucky last year to beat USF to win the BE dispite not scoring a single offensive TD. And they might have been able to make a more respectable showing at the Fiesta Bowl with a couple of offensive TDs. But no. And this year the offense has been abysmal.

So you get me some of that RRod/West Virginia offense and I'll back off some on the need for pass, pass, pass.

Reaction Score
TD, i would think after his results in michigan that you'd be ready to accept that RRod's system won't work everywhere. and by that i mean it won't work anywhere that doesn't have Pat White. do you remember Michigan experiencing tons of TDs from anywhere on the field? i don't. i remember them losing a top notch QB recruit and spinning their wheels for 3 years before he left in disgrace for losing games and breaking rules. yeah, i really wish he had that for the last few years. that sounds way better than playing in a BCS bowl and kicking South Carolina's butt in birmingham.

in case you haven't been following his career, RRod abandoned his alma mater so he could crash and burn his "dream job", and now he's at a school with zero expectations so he can at least tinker in relative anonymity. no thanks to this clown

Reaction Score
I honestly believe if P were 10 years younger and dyed his hair he wouldn't be getting half the grief he is getting now. Maybe he should shave his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom