Transfer rules question | The Boneyard

Transfer rules question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does it only apply to FB & BB?

Am watching men's soccer final. Player who scored for UNC was at Akron last year (and won NC!). He's not a senior so it's not like he graduated and transferred -- the way some FB players have done recently.

Assuming score holds up, this guy will win back-to-back NCs, at different schools.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I thought it applied to all sports but I could be wrong. I also know the NCAA can make exceptions to the one year sit-out rule depending on the reasons for the transfer. Perhaps that is what happened here.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I thought it applied to all sports but I could be wrong. I also know the NCAA can make exceptions to the one year sit-out rule depending on the reasons for the transfer. Perhaps that is what happened here.

That's what I thought as well. The player may have applied for a hardship waiver.

Reaction Score

I thought the NCAA transfer rules only applied to the "revenue" sports, football along with men's and women's basketball. Could easily be wrong.

JS

Reaction Score
Does it only apply to FB & BB?
There's a one-time transfer exception for sports other than football, basketball, baseball or hockey. The first school must certify that it has no objection to waiving the one-year sit-out at the second school.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. I did a quick search and it appears that UNC has two players (Speas and Hedges) who played for Div 1 programs last year. This exception has surely paid off for UNC this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom