Transfer Portal - August 2023 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal - August 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's been rumored all over Twitter for the past few months and Trilly posted something this morning about the portal being alive that was picked up by all the Georgetown accounts
Rumor has been WVu for a while

Reaction Score

Posting this simply as an example of the rumored increased denials of double transfers this off-season. Liberal last year, I’d expect more waivers denied.

Reaction Score

Posting this simply as an example of the rumored increased denials of double transfers this off-season. Liberal last year, I’d expect more waivers denied.

I saw this article earlier this week. It's specifically about football but it pertains to basketball also. With the one time transfer rules now the NCAA says they will be much less lenient granting immediate eligibility with 2nd time transfers.

The Division I council announced on Jan. 11 — note, well after the December portal window opened — that it'd crack down multi-time undergraduate transfers who were seeking waivers.

Before, players could apply for several reasons, including things like lack of playing time. But the NCAA's new guidelines for multi-time transfers allow for waivers in only two circumstances:

1. A physical injury or mental health condition that led to a transfer.

2. Outside circumstances, such as physical assault, that clearly necessitate a departure.

Reaction Score
Don't think Akok would come back to UConn but I'd welcome him with open arms. A starting frontcourt of Karaban/Clingan and backup unit of Akok/Samson would be nasty. Such a likeable player, wish him the best no matter what

Reaction Score

What happens if your waiver is denied and your original school doesn’t have a scholarship for you?

Reaction Score
No use getting worked up about Akok, you only transfer this late in the summer with a destination picked

Reaction Score
Kind of funny that Cooley never got to coach Akok and only had a season with Corey given how long his extended recruitment of them was.

And yes, the NCAA does seem to be holding firm on the no immediate waiver for a second transfer. English lucked out in being able to retain guys like Floyd and Hopkins in that way. Jalen had an amazing experience last season, but things have been a bit rougher for the rest of that transfer group.

Reaction Score
I wish Akok well. But I want to invest in our young forwards and Samson. He needs to go somewhere with minutes available anyways.
You just sit out a year like you used to at the new school

Reaction Score
Big East is going to be beastly this season. You're looking at 6, possibly even 7 teams who could be top 25.
yes it is, maybe 8 teams. Here's the list in no particular order.

1) UConn
2) Villanova
3) Creighton
4) Marquette
5) Providence
6) St. John's
7) Xavier
8) Georgetown

Georgetown and St. John's will have an adjustment period, but if Cooley and Pitino do the right things and work their systems in smoothly looking at the long term bigger picture instead short term, I think these 2 teams could be in the Top 25 or close to it by mid February.

DePaul and Butler won't do much, even though I love Posh Alexander. Seton Hall will be a pest considering Hollaway's tough in-your-face defense he demands.

Reaction Score
yes it is, maybe 8 teams. Here's the list in no particular order.

1) UConn
2) Villanova
3) Creighton
4) Marquette
5) Providence
6) St. John's
7) Xavier
8) Georgetown

Georgetown and St. John's will have an adjustment period, but if Cooley and Pitino do the right things and work their systems in smoothly looking at the long term bigger picture instead short term, I think these 2 teams could be in the Top 25 or close to it by mid February.

DePaul and Butler won't do much, even though I love Posh Alexander. Seton Hall will be a pest considering Hollaway's tough in-your-face defense he demands.
Georgetown is gonna be really bad, they're far closer to DePaul and Butler than any of the top teams listed. Cooley is fine as a coach but he has no talent on that roster

Reaction Score
Georgetown is gonna be really bad, they're far closer to DePaul and Butler than any of the top teams listed. Cooley is fine as a coach but he has no talent on that roster
Yeah, I agree. Potential in the future, but their backcourt is very young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom