Transfer-pocalypse 2020 Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Transfer-pocalypse 2020 Update

Reaction Score
There are lots of threads on this, but to sum up, a good number of players that "portaled" (and some parents, and some that graduated during RE 2.0) have expressed their outright disdain for him and his methods very publicly on Twitter. The biggest complaint seemed to be that the development of Edsall's guys took precedence and Diaco's guys were mainly put out to pasture. Those not getting the playing time/attention they thought they deserved likely also would have voiced their displeasure in the locker room/around campus. Presumably, those guys are gone now and those left have bought into what RE 2.0 is preaching.

Those getting the playing time the past few years should now be developed enough so that on-field results tangibly improve. If not, then the argument that Edsall just replaced older FCS players for younger FCS players will start gaining traction.

Yes you are 100 percent on the money. Diaco players hated Edsall and the parents hated him too. It was a really bad atmosphere in the locker room and a lot of bad things were said behind Edsalls back.
The others are all on board and I feel a much better outcome this year..

Last edited:

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Any one have quick access to how many Diaco guys are still here?

Reaction Score
Remember what he said after the 2018 season? Asked why he played all those freshmen instead of the upper classmen?
He said it would have been worse.

Reaction Score
Remember what he said after the 2018 season? Asked why he played all those freshmen instead of the upper classmen?
He said it would have been worse.
I’m a little skeptical. I believe he did the same around 2000 and 01. Hopefully it pays off this year.

Reaction Score
There are lots of threads on this, but to sum up, a good number of players that "portaled" (and some parents, and some that graduated during RE 2.0) have expressed their outright disdain for him and his methods very publicly on Twitter. The biggest complaint seemed to be that the development of Edsall's guys took precedence and Diaco's guys were mainly put out to pasture. Those not getting the playing time/attention they thought they deserved likely also would have voiced their displeasure in the locker room/around campus. Presumably, those guys are gone now and those left have bought into what RE 2.0 is preaching.

Those getting the playing time the past few years should now be developed enough so that on-field results tangibly improve. If not, then the argument that Edsall just replaced older FCS players for younger FCS players will start gaining traction.
It's actually an unfortunate part of the transition from one coaching regime to another. It's the philosophy and type of player moreso than the players themselves in my opinion. I hate to watch all that go down.

Got love for all the guys, but when change happens, feelings sometime get hurt... But, in the end, life goes on

Reaction Score
I’m a little skeptical. I believe he did the same around 2000 and 01. Hopefully it pays off this year.
Hope so too. Shouldn't be some surprise that there existed a rift within the program after hearing that. I wish them all the best going forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom