2022 Recruiting: - Transfer Femi Odukale | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Transfer Femi Odukale

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He’s infinitely better than Gaffney. He was one of the best perimeter defenders in the ACC.
Then he won't be a backup here.

Reaction Score
This is worrisome.
If this is in response to Corey leaving, it's not worrisome. If this is because they aren't gaining traction with better guards in the portal and they are scrambling, then it is. Time will tell.

Hopefully they get Newton and Castle reclass is confirmed. That's a good start. I think Femi would be a solid 3rd guard if he was willing to take that role for a drop in PT.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Is he worse than Gaffney?
He’s infinitely better than Gaffney. He was one of the best perimeter defenders in the ACC.
Never saw a Pitt game this year, so I have no opinion. But we won't really know until the season starts, will we?

Reaction Score
If this is in response to Corey leaving, it's not worrisome. If this is because they aren't gaining traction with better guards in the portal and they are scrambling, then it is. Time will tell.

Hopefully they get Newton and Castle reclass is confirmed. That's a good start. I think Femi would be a solid 3rd guard if he was willing to take that role for a drop in PT.
It's about them reaching out to Odukale, he ain't the answer.

It's okay if he's the 9th guy but we need studs. Newton is a good start, hopefully Castle is reclassifying, and we need Ramey or someone with the same profile. We have to remake like half the roster and it can't be seat fillers.

Reaction Score

It's okay if he's the 9th guy but we need studs. Newton is a good start, hopefully Castle is reclassifying, and we need Ramey or someone with the same profile. We have to remake like half the roster and it can't be seat fillers.
That's kind of my point. If he's coming in to spell off the bench at a guard spot, great. If he's coming in to the the starter at 2, I would be concerned. Think he could be a solid piece, defender off the bench but agree he would likely be a liability shooting and not someone you'd want to start out of the gate since it would create issues for Sanogo.

Maybe his shooting is a function of being at a dysfunctional program but not something I would want to risk.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I watched a few Pitt games. Kid is a streaky scorer who can have great nights, but more commonly a non-factor. A useful bench piece for defense 15-20 mins/game but not the guy we need starting.

Reaction Score

Yeah we need minimum 2 impact transfer/recruits/reclass. 3 and we're feeling pretty good heading into the season. This guy wouldn't count as impact, but if he's the 3rd, 4th, or 5th scholly we fill this summer, that's fine. Higher up that number, the better.

Reaction Score
We have 5 open scholarships, people really need to recalibrate their expectations. There's gonna be 1-2 transfers who are not stars
I’m not sure that we fill all 5. Potentially could bank 1 or 2.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thats not how the people on here operate. If we dont have 13 future lottery picks on our roster, we must clean house

Going forward it's how the players will operate too. If each scholarship player isn't treated like a lottery pick and playing minutes like a lottery pick, they'll be looking elsewhere.

This is what a level playing field looks like.

Reaction Score

Losing a recruit that we brought in a year early and our coach fawned over as recently as a week ago who had a wide open runway of playing time ahead of him is nothing but troubling.

Still waiting for anyone to put a positive spin on this one

Reaction Score
Losing a recruit that we brought in a year early and our coach fawned over as recently as a week ago who had a wide open runway of playing time ahead of him is nothing but troubling.

Still waiting for anyone to put a positive spin on this one
Not what I was talking about at all. I'm sure Corey is going to have a positive impact at this level and I would rather he stay here but he doesn't want to so that's his choice. Given how glowingly Hurley talked about him and the PT available it probably wasn't a basketball thing considering he was recruited during COVID so things were different from SOP.

Fortunately, I think the staff will be able to find some guys that will at a minimum keep the team competitive but would have preferred Corey stayed at a minimum since it is an enjoyable part of CBB to watch guys grow and learn their stories, but alas it isn't meant to be so wish him the best of luck.

Reaction Score
Not what I was talking about at all. I'm sure Corey is going to have a positive impact at this level and I would rather he stay here but he doesn't want to so that's his choice. Given how glowingly Hurley talked about him and the PT available it probably wasn't a basketball thing considering he was recruited during COVID so things were different from SOP.

Fortunately, I think the staff will be able to find some guys that will at a minimum keep the team competitive but would have preferred Corey stayed at a minimum since it is an enjoyable part of CBB to watch guys grow and learn their stories, but alas it isn't meant to be so wish him the best of luck.
Of course it was a basketball thing. Stop reaching man and let’s just see how things play out.

Reaction Score

Probably wasn't a basketball thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32