Transfer Eligibility Vote Coming... | The Boneyard

Transfer Eligibility Vote Coming...

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Wow this is a major rebuke of Rothstein. Martin immediately eligible!?

Reaction Score
Wow this is a major rebuke of Rothstein. Martin immediately eligible!?
Wonder if that’d change anything for Nolley. Probably not. But May 20th is a while from now. Idk if we can wait that long on anyone

Reaction Score
Wonder if that’d change anything for Nolley. Probably not. But May 20th is a while from now. Idk if we can wait that long on anyone
I'm all for locking things up earlier but who exactly are we taking before then?

Reaction Score
I'm all for locking things up earlier but who exactly are we taking before then?
Idk things change daily. Someone could shake loose tomorrow. Idk when Sanogo plans on deciding. A month just seems like a really long time to still not have that last scholly filled, when we need one more impact player

Reaction Score
Welp, my opinion on Martin could be about to change real quick...he could fill in a big need at the 3/4 this year.

Reaction Score
Idk things change daily. Someone could shake loose tomorrow. Idk when Sanogo plans on deciding. A month just seems like a really long time to still not have that last scholly filled, when we need one more impact player
Yeah I mean we could always reach out to someone new, but right now it's Nolley and Sanogo/Etienne who would both be reclasses. I could be way off but wouldn't expect anything on a reclass and if they can graduate before May of their junior year, especially when schools have no idea what's happening with all this Covid stuff and credits

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean we could always reach out to someone new, but right now it's Nolley and Sanogo/Etienne who would both be reclasses. I could be way off but wouldn't expect anything on a reclass and if they can graduate before May of their junior year, especially when schools have no idea what's happening with all this Covid stuff and credits
I believe Sanogo willl commit before he reclassifies. If he’s doing his visits now, I don’t think he’ll wait another month and a half to commit. But as you said it’s moot because we may take Sanogo over Nolley regardless of timing

Reaction Score
bassball and basketball have the same transfer rules so this would also apply to basketball. Apparently Hurley knows something we didn’t. This means we just one quality player. Don’t need Sanago. Tyrese fills a lot of needs. Being in great shape with Nolley helps a lot.

Reaction Score
bassball and basketball have the same transfer rules so this would also apply to basketball. Apparently Hurley knows something we didn’t. This means we just one quality player. Don’t need Sanago. Tyrese fills a lot of needs. Being in great shape with Nolley helps a lot.
We absolutely need Sanogo, unless you trust Josh Carlton...My faith in Carlton has diminished greatly.

Reaction Score
I believe Sanogo willl commit before he reclassifies. If he’s doing his visits now, I don’t think he’ll wait another month and a half to commit. But as you said it’s moot because we may take Sanogo over Nolley regardless of timing
Yeah at that point it's moot, any of those 3 want to commit we take them without a second thought. It's if a lesser player that wants to when it becomes tough and right now we're not involved with any

Reaction Score
His follow up tweet makes me think this is a baseball only rule. The NCAA granted the extra year for spring athletes, it makes sense that they’d allow guys to transfer without penalty if some schools won’t honor their schollies for the next season. Would this still apply to basketball?

Reaction Score
His follow up tweet makes me think this is a baseball only rule. The NCAA granted the extra year for spring athletes, it makes sense that they’d allow guys to transfer without penalty if some schools won’t honor their schollies for the next season. Would this still apply to basketball?

Why wouldn’t it? What would be the point?

Reaction Score

If passed it would apply to ALL sports - not just baseball. He is a baseball writer so naturally his focus would lean towards baseball.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn’t it? What would be the point?
If passed it would apply to ALL sports - not just baseball. He is a baseball writer so naturally his focus would lean towards baseball.
I hope you all are right. The NCAA is just so damn inconsistent in what they do. They certainly govern sports like baseball much differently than football/basketball. It’d certainly be a game changer if this went through.

Reaction Score

I hope you all are right. The NCAA is just so damn inconsistent in what they do. They certainly govern sports like baseball much differently than football/basketball. It’d certainly be a game changer if this went through.

From yesterday:

>No decision has been made regarding whether a one-time transfer waiver in which student-athletes in all sports could transfer and play immediately will go into effect for this coming season.

MAC commissioner Jon Steinbrecher, the chairman of the working group that came up with the proposal, told Stadium the he will send a report to the Division 1 Council on April 24, and that a vote will be held at the council’s next meeting — which he’s hopeful will be sometime in May.<

Reaction Score
What the heck else are these council member doofuses doing that they couldn’t have a 1st meeting within the next few days and vote on it within a week? I’m sure that their schedules are no busier and most likely more flexible.

If it’s likely to pass based on insider word of mouth, just get off your collective duffs, set up a Zoom meeting and do something productive to help the student athletes and college coaches! FFS NCAA is such a clown show.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
What the heck else are these council member doofuses doing that they couldn’t have a 1st meeting within the next few days and vote on it within a week? I’m sure that their schedules are no busier and most likely more flexible.

If it’s likely to pass based on insider word of mouth, just get off your collective duffs, set up a Zoom meeting and do something productive to help the student athletes and college coaches! FFS NCAA is such a clown show.
It's pretty obvious they don't live in a real time world. They're probably going on recess or spring break after April 24. Hasta La Vista Baby!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom