Trans Neptunian Objects (TNO) | The Boneyard

Trans Neptunian Objects (TNO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Ok so the actual topic has nothing to do with TSO's. I just like the sound of it. Pluto doesn't.

The AAC got jobbed on the men's side of the tournament. Think this will be repeated on the women's side? It could show as UConn not getting the overall #1 or Louisville showing up as a 3 seed. I know there is no overlap on the Committees, but could this be a NCAA message to the AAC?

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Ok so the actual topic has nothing to do with TSO's. I just like the sound of it. Pluto doesn't.

The AAC got jobbed on the men's side of the tournament. Think this will be repeated on the women's side? It could show as UConn not getting the overall #1 or Louisville showing up as a 3 seed. I know there is no overlap on the Committees, but could this be a NCAA message to the AAC?
1. UConn is NOT going to Louisville, as explained byDru Hancock, Chairman-Elect NCAA Div I WBB Committee, Big 12 Senior Associate Commissioner.

.....-- The Source: I recommend checking her ESPN Radio interview (time: 06:05) in an excellent WCBB Boneyard thread called ‘PodCast with Member of the Selection Committee,’ initiated by Wbbfan1. It’s quick, compelling, and complete in rationale.

.....-- Connecting the Dots: - Diggerfoot recently highlighted on CPTV’s Beyond the Beat that the Boneyard often provides WCBB info simply unavailable elsewhere. Nowhere does this seem more apparent than your (good) questions. That is, while favorite writers at ESPN’s WCBB website as of this morning (!), still write that UConn going to Louisville is a major issue to worry about, we already learned yesterday that their ESPN Radio colleagues’ PodCast cleared that up more than 24 hours earlier (thanks again, Wbbfan1, and thanks to everyone else here providing such terrific media links year-round).

2. AAC Teams Into the NCAA’s: Dru Hancock also opines in that PodCast, beside UConn and Louisville, she feels only Rutgers has an outside chance. She pointed out it is also her job to be an unabashed advocate for the Big 12 (outside of NCAA Tournament meetings), so that may certainly influence her Rutgers position during this interview). Again, details are in that excellent PodCast.

3. Trans Neptunian Objects (TNOs) ???: In Connecticut, we just call them submarines. :) But, you’re referring to those weasels who demeaned our poor Pluto, right?

..... -- Hands off Mickey’s Dog! If we start criticizing the International Astronomical Union for capricious decisions, exclusive membership, and total lack of peer review…. It’s no use; folks will just think we’re talking about the NCAA.

.... --Does Pluto deserve our sympathy for being demoted? Most of us only really care about Mickey’s pup, and he’s still doing just great. And, as for the other guys, I dunno,… let’s face it, Pluto and Charon already let themselves go to Hell a long, long time ago.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
[q

3. Trans Neptunian Objects (TNOs) ???: In Connecticut, we just call them submarines. But, you’re referring to those weasels who demeaned our poor Pluto, right?

..... -- Hands off Mickey’s Dog! If we start criticizing the International Astronomical Union for capricious decisions, exclusive membership, and total lack of peer review…. It’s no use; folks will just think we’re talking about the NCAA.

.... --Does Pluto deserve our sympathy for being demoted? Most of us only really care about Mickey’s pup, and he’s still doing just great. And, as for the other guys, I dunno,… let’s face it, Pluto and Charon already let themselves go to Hell a long, long time ago.[/quote]
Pluto was just downgraded to the mid-major conference. I wonder if ESPN influenced the decision.

Reaction Score
Anyone who feels sorry for Clyde Tombaugh, the discoverer of Pluto, should consider this:

Would you rather be known as the discoverer of the ninth and least significant planet in
our solar system (even smaller than our moon), or

would you rather be known as the discoverer of the first and one of the largest of a
previously unknown class of solar system objects (Kuiper Belt objects)?

I believe I'd prefer the latter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member