Train newbie....help | The Boneyard

Train newbie....help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have never taken the train. I am heading to game with my two kids and a buddy and his son. They are also newbies. We were planning to go to Milford and go from there. I heard you can drink beers? You just carry on a 12 pack? How much is this going to costs? Any discounts for kids? Just buy tickets at station or buy in advance on internet?

Reaction Score
Bring cups. Read from Page 4 on tailgate @ Yankee stadium.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Train schedule here: http://as0.mta.info/mnr/schedules/sched_form.cfm

Just put in Milford and Yankees E153rd as To and From options.

You'll see a "Yankee clipper" train listed as a "through train" that leaves Milford at 12:27 and gets in at 2:02 pm. No switch needed. Arrives right at the stadium. Lots of other times available if you're willing to change trains once at Harlem 125th st station.

Trains leave the stadium to come back home at 7:23, 7:46 and 8:06 if you want the through trains (no switching) that go straight back up. Otherwise, all other trains can change out at Harlem station and go all the way back to New Haven, stopping at Milford.

Round trip cost (buy in station) should be $31.50 per ticket.

Hope that helps.

Say hi to Jarhead (Aaron) on the train if you see him. He'll be there. Just don't drink his liquid blackout, no matter how good it looks.

Reaction Score
thanks for the replies. So it seems like you just carry beers on the train and no one gives you a hard time?

Reaction Score
thanks for the replies. So it seems like you just carry beers on the train and no one gives you a hard time?

Yeah, you will have no problems. They used to have a bar car, but they lost too much money on that, but bringing beer in the open is no big deal.

Reaction Score
It's not just no big deal, it's allowed. On a Friday night over half the train into the city will be drinking. I've had my ticket taken dozens of times with a beer in my hand.

Reaction Score
I'm not a newbie to the train, but a newbie to the Yankee clipper. Beers are definitely allowed, but have a different container or finish them before you get off the train.

Do we get on at Union Station or State Street?

Reaction Score
Just make sure it's old English or colt 45 and it has to be in a brown paper bag

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
So is there any incentive to drive to Milford instead of West Haven? Cheaper fare? Safer parking or no different? I will be driving southbound on 95 to get there.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
So is there any incentive to drive to Milford instead of West Haven? Cheaper fare? Safer parking or no different? I will be driving southbound on 95 to get there.

I would go to WH. More parking.

Reaction Score
I'm not a newbie to the train, but a newbie to the Yankee clipper. Beers are definitely allowed, but have a different container or finish them before you get off the train.

Do we get on at Union Station or State Street?

Union station definitly.
State Street is a station only a few years old that many of us can't unterstand why it was built. Very few trains stop there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom