Tracking our Transfers | The Boneyard

Tracking our Transfers

Reaction Score
Sadie Edwards is having a fine year so far starting for USC, averaging 14.5 ppg with 3 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game for her as yet undefeated 7-0 team. She's third in scoring and second in assists.

At Arizona State, Courtney Ekmark is starting and scoring 8 ppg, while gathering 4.3 rpg, and dishing 2.6 assists for her 8-2 team.

At Penn State, De'janae Boykin is pulling down over 10 rebounds per game to lead her 8-2 team. Her scoring isn't up there, but 8 ppg is pretty respectable. Not sure why, but she's missed two of the team's ten games. Hope it's not due to her lingering injury.

And of course, at George Mason University, Natalie Butler is averaging 18.6 ppg and grabbing 13.9 rebounds, both team-leading marks.

Good to see each prosper in her new setting.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I was wondering why there wasn't any stats or no listing for De'Janae on the ESPN scoreboard. I pray that De'Janae is ok. Courtney, Natalie and Sadie are doing good. I am so glad that they are having a good season, and I pray they continue to have a good season. Natalie is having the games she had at Georgetown.

Reaction Score
Even though Natalie didn't set the WBB world on fire at UCONN, (through no fault of her own)! Her time here was well-spent, learning how to practice and how to perform in games and is now carrying that experience over to George Mason!
I wish her only the best in her future, BB and life!

Reaction Score
As I said before Courtney continues to struggle against quick guards and forwards. In the last game against University of Cal Riverside a slow unathletic opponent Courtney was 5 for 9 from the field and scored 12 points against a very weak University of California-Riverside team. Today the Sun Devils play Florida State a very quick athletic and talented team. I would expect Courtney's minutes to be much lower as Sun Devils prepare for the conference season. She is shooting .357 from the field.73 from the free throw line and continues to struggle defensively. The Sun Devil Woman do not keep detailed defensive statistics but her performance defensively is subpar. That's said coach Thorne values her maturity and leadership. I'm impressed that she continues to excel in law school as she plays Division 1 basketball. Look for her minutes to decline in conference play with the exception of the basement teams. The game to look for is the University of Cal game. They have very quick guards and Kirstine Anigwe the Devils will have their hands full and I would expect to see very little of Courtney.

In Coach Thorne's play everyone system Courtney is 5th in scoring and 6th in points per game and has 24 assists and 20 turnovers.

A quality young woman and great teammate who would really excel at the D2 level.

Reaction Score
In ASU's 89 to 43 win over an over matched Arkansas team Courtney had her best game of the season. She hit her first three 3-pointers in a row finished with 23 points hitting 7 of 10 3-pointers. She played 28 minutes which is relatively high in coach Thorne's system. Mike Neighbors has a major rebuilding job at Arkansas as his team was stifled by ASU's outstanding defense. Great to see Courtney have such a fine game as her defense and rebounding were also very strong. After the holiday break ASU begins conference play. With Stanford suffering through a rebuilding year and Cal looking vulnerable it appears that UCLA is the cream of the crop. Both Oregon schools look strong as well it'll be very interesting to see how many teams in the Pac-12 make the big dance.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Natalie Butler has 35 points and 19 rebounds in an 82-73 loss to Houston December 21 at Houston.

13 for 16 from the field.

Houston not a great program, but 10-3 this season.

Way to go Nat!
Houston is much improved this year. That's not saying a lot, of course, because of how bad they were before. But they're currently #85 in Massey, compared to #176 last year. Sagarin currently has them at #77.

Houston has quickness and hustle but not much size. For people interested in seeing a brief clip of this game (includes a couple of buckets from Natalie), here are the last couple minutes of the first half:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Houston is much improved this year. That's not saying a lot, of course, because of how bad they were before. But they're currently #85 in Massey, compared to #176 last year. Sagarin currently has them at #77.

Houston has quickness and hustle but not much size. For people interested in seeing a brief clip of this game (includes a couple of buckets from Natalie), here are the last couple minutes of the first half:

If Nat's guards ran as hard as her and had the same court awareness, they would have won. Nat usually first down the floor and showed great hands. Wonder if this is one of the few times Geno's "motivational techniques" didn't work. Nat so lose-seems to be enjoying basketball again.

Reaction Score

Wow, nothing against the two teams playing in the video of Nat’s game, but watching that makes you really appreciated what UCONN nation really has. I mean look at that crowd and just the quality of the game video....

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Gee, Nat is sporting the dual kneepad look in this game. Number 50 isn't going to like this development...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Gee, Nat is sporting the dual kneepad look in this game. Number 50 isn't going to like this development...
She is playing better because of the 2 knee-pads, more balance. Wonder what #50 will say when she sees Z play, she also wears 2 knee-pad's.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
She is playing better because of the 2 knee-pads, more balance. Wonder what #50 will say when she sees Z play, she also wears 2 knee-pad's.
In one game, I believe it was last season during the AAC Tournament, Nat was in the game and was doing quite well. Rebecca was doing the analysis and was having a blast with the play by play guy trying to explain her liking Nat's one kneepad look, she thought it was "old school" and was working for Nat.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow, nothing against the two teams playing in the video of Nat’s game, but watching that makes you really appreciated what UCONN nation really has. I mean look at that crowd and just the quality of the game video....
To be fair, that game was played after final exams (no students or faculty around), and Houston is playing all its home games this year at Texas Southern University (while its arena undergoes renovations).

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom