Tourny upsets? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tourny upsets?

Reaction Score
yale over LSU book it
Man, they've had some real good looks but not much is falling. Some of those lsu players look like they are 30 too....I don't see Yale getting this too much closer, sadly.

Reaction Score
Man, they've had some real good looks but not much is falling. Some of those lsu players look like they are 30 too....I don't see Yale getting this too much closer, sadly.

Shame those LSU wins prob won't count when all is said and done. Reckon they get the L'Ville treatment if this Wade stuff proves true.

Reaction Score
Shame those LSU wins prob won't count when all is said and done. Reckon they get the L'Ville treatment if this Wade stuff proves true.
I LOL’d when the announcers were talking about Waters recruitment story. His parents says they would have loved having him in their backyard while attending Yale, but they realized he needed to get life “experience” away from home...

Reaction Score
I LOL’d when the announcers were talking about Waters recruitment story. His parents says they would have loved having him in their backyard while attending Yale, but they realized he needed to get life “experience” away from home...
"Life Experiences" / "$xx,xxx of tax fraud" Tomato - Tomatoe.

Reaction Score
Heartbreaking loss for New Mexico St. Down 13 with 7 to go and they make a nice comeback and almost pull it off! No question they belonged though, even had they not won the conference tourney. (I mentioned they were a top 68 team and belonged in the dance in my Belmont/Furman thread). Well, I feel bad for teams like this, especially good teams who don't win their conference tourney outside the "P7" (like UNCG), slammed for their OOC but most P5/BE/AAC teams are too chicken **** to schedule these types of teams. In the end you are left wondering "Ok, so everyone tells them to play more top teams but rarely do the top teams want to play them sooooo". Any way, solid season for NMSU. Made the most of their few opportunities they had and nearly took out a solid Auburn team and a blue blood in Kansas in November.

New Mexico St is a good, solid team. Point blank. They've proven that.

Reaction Score
Cincy will beat Iowa by double digits. No way they bottle up Cumberland. Tennessee will be a good game but that one could go either way. Marquette will go out early. Very soft team. Nova as well. No inside game at all.

You were saying?? I learned my lesson with Providence and now Cincy. No matter how well they perform in the regular season they can’t put it together in the tourney.

Reaction Score
God, and Iowa was very pedestrian, especially down the stretch, didn't they lose like 5 of 6. Not a very good team, cincy had the talent to win that without trouble but, bearcats doing what they do best in march. Although I am really only sold on Michigan from the B10 and before yesterday, msu seemed like a threat to beat duke but now...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Still like Murray St to the sweet sixteen and maybe Belmont

Still have the Zags winning it all

Reaction Score
Don't forget the quality education he's getting at LSU vs his other finalists: Yale, Stanford, Georgetown

Reaction Score
Not sure how people can look at what Liberty just did and say Lipscomb did not deserve an auto-bid or what Wofford did and say UNCG or Furman did not belong. Insane, coupled with how some of these major conference 9, 10, 11 and 12 seeds performed. In an especially weak year for bubble teams the committee really REALLY missed a chance to give some of these mid majors a shot...looking at the results, guess they were a little scared.

I liked how Gumble made a mistake and claimed north dakota st got their first win in tourney history.

Reaction Score
Not sure how people can look at what Liberty just did and say Lipscomb did not deserve an auto-bid or what Wofford did and say UNCG or Furman did not belong. Insane, coupled with how some of these major conference 9, 10, 11 and 12 seeds performed. In an especially weak year for bubble teams the committee really REALLY missed a chance to give some of these mid majors a shot...looking at the results, guess they were a little scared.

I was just telling my friends today, over the last couple years you can see the gap closing, not from the top tier teams to low major teams, but middle of the road power conference teams. And it’s not neccessarily all about small schools with all 5 starters as seniors, there’s an abundance of talented players at smaller schools today. There are more small school teams today that look like they belong than ever before.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom