Tourny upsets? | The Boneyard

Tourny upsets?

Reaction Score
I know its not the same watching March Madness without UConn in it, but watching the big dogs get beat by mid majors is always fun to watch (Unless its UConn vs George Mason.)

With that being said any people confident enough to state their bold picks? Thinking Utah St over UNC, Houston in the Final 4, Murray St in the Sweet Sixteen, and Louisville over Michigan St in the second round are some of mine. Every year the talking heads state that they think it will be all chalk this year when it never is, and this year was no different.

Reaction Score
If Cinci doesn’t run through Columbus Cronin is not a good coach. Tennessee should run it on paper but Ohio factor is in play. Cinci is in a tough bracket.

Some of these play in games look like they can upset an at large bid, specifically Temple/Belmont and ASU/StJohns

I can see Lville and maybe St Mary’s make noise although Nova is used to playing in Hartford so Mary’s would be a huge surprise. I’m pulling for VT against FSU as well.

Reaction Score
I think Tennessee will lose to Cincy. Anyone thinking UCF over Duke?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If Cinci doesn’t run through Columbus Cronin is not a good coach. Tennessee should run it on paper but Ohio factor is in play. Cinci is in a tough bracket.

Some of these play in games look like they can upset an at large bid, specifically Temple/Belmont and ASU/StJohns.

Agree on first part, and I think Belmont can certainly take Maryland. But I'd bet the house on Buffalo vs the ASU/St.John's winner (which should be SJU since ASU is a fraud.)

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I like Yale over LSU, Northeastern over KU, Murray St over Marquette

Reaction Score
I know its not the same watching March Madness without UConn in it, but watching the big dogs get beat by mid majors is always fun to watch (Unless its UConn vs George Mason.)

With that being said any people confident enough to state their bold picks? Thinking Utah St over UNC, Houston in the Final 4, Murray St in the Sweet Sixteen, and Louisville over Michigan St in the second round are some of mine. Every year the talking heads state that they think it will be all chalk this year when it never is, and this year was no different.

Houston loses to Iowa State in the round of 32.

Reaction Score
KU is ripe for the picking IMO

Very true just don't think Northeastern has what it takes to beat them. But either the winner of New Mexico State vs Auburn has what it takes to beat them just don't know who will win that match-up, leaning towards Auburn for now.

Houston loses to Iowa State in the round of 32.

I really hope not, we need someone in the AAC to do well and I don't have faith in any of the other 3 so Houston it is. Cincinnati getting a 7 seed is beyond disrespectful but then again we knew the committee had no respect for the AAC before yesterday

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very true just don't think Northeastern has what it takes to beat them. But either the winner of New Mexico State vs Auburn has what it takes to beat them just don't know who will win that match-up leaning, towards Auburn for now.

I really hope not, we need someone in the AAC to do well and I don't have faith in any of the other 3 so Houston it is. Cincinnati getting a 7 seed is beyond disrespectful but then again we knew the committee had no respect for the AAC before yesterday

Sampson has only been past the first weekend 3 times in his career. The fact they drew a good Iowa St team is a tough matchup for a 3 seed.

Reaction Score
Look for teams under seeded (7 and up for upset purposes) with Ken Pom offensive efficiency rankings in the Top 30. The higher the offensive efficiency # the more likely that team will break through and possibly make the Final 4.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
LSU has a great offense. Yale has a terrible defense. LSU doesn’t lose in my opinion.

Reaction Score
As the only NMSU alum on this board (I think). I think we have the toughest 12/5 matchup. NMSU is extremely deep and so is Auburn. I’m hopeful for the upset but this matchup isn’t great.

NMSU had the lead against Kansas most of the game when they played earlier this year so, we shouldn’t be intimidated going up against Auburn.

Reaction Score
Cincy out first round, UCF falls to Duke, Houston falls to Iowa State, the winner of Temple/Belmont to the Sweet 16

Cincy will beat Iowa by double digits. No way they bottle up Cumberland. Tennessee will be a good game but that one could go either way. Marquette will go out early. Very soft team. Nova as well. No inside game at all.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Cincy out first round, UCF falls to Duke, Houston falls to Iowa State, the winner of Temple/Belmont to the Sweet 16
I don't know about Sweet 16, however I have Belmont/Temple over Maryland. Now we know it is Belmont.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hot take: Iowa and Tennessee probably have more fans in Columbus area than Cincy. Just considering the three games we played vs the two teams, Iowa wins.

Reaction Score
I HAD Cuse over Zags, until I found Howard was suspended. Trying to sign onto facebook (which I used to sign into espn) to change THAT pick....But I think fbook is blocked at work. Every year I pick cuse to go out in round 1 and they always upset their way to a sweet 16, not this year, going with them....So I thought.

I think Marquette is a popular upset pick, so always weary of those. Not sure what to do with that, seems like a coin flip.

Reaction Score
I feel like St mary’s has a good shot against Villanova. Also I think ASU can beat Buffalo.

Reaction Score
I like Iowa State to the E8, UNC has the best chance to be upset in the round of 32 among the 1 seeds, Belmont - Murray State - Saint Mary's in the first round. TT and Michigan would make for a real interesting Sweet 16 match up. Wofford is a very interesting match up against SHU, Kensucky, & Iowa state.

Reaction Score
I got Wofford over Kentucky to get to the second weekend. PJ Washington having a bum ankle will hurt UK and Slimeball.

Biggest upset in round 1 - ODU over Purdue or New Mexico State over Auburn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom