Tourney Hopes | The Boneyard

Tourney Hopes

Reaction Score
What do you think it'll take for the Huskies to break the drought and go dancing? I think we need to do top 3 in conference play, with a win OOC over Nova. If not, we need to win the conference tournament. Like big time.

Reaction Score
We have three losses that were all winnable games. Two of which were to T-25 caliber teams. Chill.

Reaction Score
What do you think it'll take for the Huskies to break the drought and go dancing? I think we need to do top 3 in conference play, with a win OOC over Nova. If not, we need to win the conference tournament. Like big time.

Figure out their offense.

Reaction Score
We have three losses that were all winnable games. Two of which were to T-25 caliber teams. Chill.

One of which is against an awful St Joes team... I get that two of which were really close losses but at this point, they need quality wins. You don’t get to the tournament with close losses. I’m not gonna overreact to one game, but this can’t be a trend of letting these types of games slip away. We’ll see how the season shakes out... gotta get a few tough road wins to get where they want to go and I hope they do. Four straight seasons of no tourney appearances is brutal to think about.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
One of which is against an awful St Joes team... I get that two of which were really close losses but at this point, they need quality wins. You don’t get to the tournament with close losses. I’m not gonna overreact to one game, but this can’t be a trend of letting these types of games slip away. We’ll see how the season shakes out... gotta get a few tough road wins to get where they want to go and I hope they do. Four straight seasons of no tourney appearances is brutal to think about.
Also Temple crushed St. Joe's.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Also Temple crushed St. Joe's.
Beat Nova, sweep Temple, and that's a 3-1 record against Philadelphia Big 5 competition
Otherwise, NIT, which is what the majority expected a short month ago.
Relax, and be certain that the coaching staff isn't doing so.

Reaction Score
Beat Nova, sweep Temple, and that's a 3-1 record against Philadelphia Big 5 competition
Otherwise, NIT, which is what the majority expected a short month ago.
Relax, and be certain that the coaching staff isn't doing so.
Did you see Temple destroy St. Joe’s? And Nova Is getting better. LOL.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Did you see Temple destroy St. Joe’s? And Nova Is getting better. LOL.
Are you making any type of case that I should concern myself with this on December 11th?

Reaction Score
In last night's broadcast, Dick Vitale said to announcer Dan Shulman, "I'm gonna put you on the spot. Watching this game, do you think either IU or UConn has a shot at the NCAA tournament?"

After a long period of silence, Vitale said, "Me neither."

I agree. UConn is not an NCAA tournament team. Maybe NIT if they can go on a run & get 20+ wins. Even after nine games, the guards & bench are too shaky. The answer is new & better recruits.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Are you making any type of case that I should concern myself with this on December 11th?
Yes. Our team has talent, that said the idea that we’re beating Temple twice is unlikely no less getting by Nova. It’s not a cause of concern it’s reality and we’re better than we were a year ago with our losses against good competition being close losses. The good news is that by Dec 20th the last couple years we knew the season was pretty much toast. I don’t think the NIT is a slam dunk.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yes. Our team has talent, that said the idea that we’re beating Temple twice is unlikely no less getting by Nova. It’s not a cause of concern it’s reality and we’re better than we were a year ago with our losses against good competition being close losses. The good news is that by Dec 20th the last couple years we knew the season was pretty much toast. I don’t think the NIT is a slam dunk.
I can't figure out what you're saying, and, whatever it means, why should it concern me?
And why on December 11th?
Or any day?
I can't do anything about it.

I'd like the team to play well and win. One game at a time.

Reaction Score
In last night's broadcast, Dick Vitale said to announcer Dan Shulman, "I'm gonna put you on the spot. Watching this game, do you think either IU or UConn has a shot at the NCAA tournament?"

After a long period of silence, Vitale said, "Me neither."

Eh. That's the only UConn basketball that Vitale will "watch" all year, and they played like crap.

It's December 11. They don't even play their first conference game for three weeks. Revisit this question in 2 months.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom