Tourney Credits | The Boneyard

Tourney Credits

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Ok so who gets them? Does thr AAC get Louisville's plus whatever is the equivalent for the women's tourney? Neither UConn or L'ville are BE teams....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
They are currently big east teams so we get credits

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It is my understanding that that the AAC doesn't exist until the fall athletic season. Notre Dame, Louiville, and UConn are all still in the Big East.

Reaction Score
More specifically ...

There were about 20 some Programs/Universities attached to the "Big East". After various ones left for Football reasons to various conferences ... we then had the Catholic 7 divorce themselves. They go with none of the Past to a new LLC/org. But ... they then bought the OLD name. Of the 20 some Programs ... only 3 (UConn, Cincy, USF) have the Stake for the Revenue coming which was earned by the "Big East" in Credits and Exit fees. There is now a structure of where the money goes. UConn does all right. And ... it is my belief that both the Louisville NC dollars and the Syracuse FF dollars (in mens ... and also in parallel in womens) largely go to the "Big East" ... which goes disproportinately to UConn. Yayyyy!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Basically we're looking at a third spread over 5 years, I think.

Reaction Score
All 15 share in the credits earned this year. Some may use these credits to pay their exit fee. Ie Cuse. Next year Rut. And Ville will share in the credits along with Cincy, USf and Uconn. The BE earned 19 years in this year's tour. The BIG earned 20, ACC 10 and SEC 6. Each credit is worth at a minimum 1.5M spread over 6 years.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Are the woman's credits the same as the men? They had 3- F4 teams.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Are the woman's credits the same as the men? They had 3- F4 teams.
Good question...does the women's tournament even do a credit system? I recall somewhere reading that they have a different system for paying out teams.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think the women's tournament has a payout.

The NCAA doesn't have an individual contract for the women's tournament - they have a contract with ESPN for the women's championship, plus lacrosse, etc., etc. That contract pays out like $15M a year, so the women's tournament gets some fraction of that.

But the NCAA loses a substantial amount just hosting the event in various venues - ticket sales do not pay the expenses.

At the end of it, if the schools participating don't lose money, I think they're happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom