Tournament Preview show tonight 6:30 on SNY | The Boneyard

Tournament Preview show tonight 6:30 on SNY

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
C3D392DB-A72C-4E20-9087-9F4D2BE0CF5B.jpeg

Reaction Score
Can anyone record this so I can listen later. Don't have SNY in Indiana.
Will you pay the fines if that person is charged with illegally sharing a copyrighted broadcast?

Reaction Score
Will you pay the fines if that person is charged with illegally sharing a copyrighted broadcast?
Really. . If I could get it, I would have shared it. What is copyright. I watch a ton of movies online. I am just watching, not hosting.

Reaction Score
Really. . If I could get it, I would have shared it. What is copyright. I watch a ton of movies online. I am just watching, not hosting.
You can certainly tape a broadcast, but sharing it publicly is illegal. Why do you think Husky games no longer posts the SNY broadcasts?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You can certainly tape a broadcast, but sharing it publicly is illegal. Why do you think Husky games no longer posts the SNY broadcasts?
It's illegal if you are profiting from it, someone posting it on YouTube without getting any monetary gain from it, is not.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I'm seeing a GENO show at 6:30 and the Tournament show at 7:00. Thank you SNY!

Reaction Score
It's illegal if you are profiting from it, someone posting it on YouTube without getting any monetary gain from it, is not.
I don’t want to beat a dead horse, but if that were true Husky games would be able to post SNY broadcasts. They can’t; it is copyrighted material. Posting it for free on YouTube prevents SNY from receiving a monetary reward for their investment; legally, one needs to compensate SNY before sharing it. As a performing musician, I lived with that part of copyright law for my entire career regarding copies of published music.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I don’t want to beat a dead horse, but if that were true Husky games would be able to post SNY broadcasts. They can’t; it is copyrighted material. Posting it for free on YouTube prevents SNY from receiving a monetary reward for their investment; legally, one needs to compensate SNY before sharing it. As a performing musician, I lived with that part of copyright law for my entire career regarding copies of published music.
No, this site takes money, so they aren't, @MJL243 does post them on his YouTube channel. Why don't you go and take a look.

Reaction Score
Nice clarification! Much appreciated!

Reaction Score
You beat me to it. I once recorded a Movie, on Harvard square, in the making. A producer came over and threated me with the law. My Attorney daughter--told me not to worry if I didn't sell it. During CPTV days I regularly sent Tapes of the games to fans around the country.

Reaction Score
Both shows on Youtube would be certainly appreciated for those of us outside of SNY.

BTW, the Programming Schedule listing on their sny.tv website is the poorest excuse for a schedule webpage I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Nice clarification! Much appreciated!
Unfortunately, not accurate. I dealt with copyright my entire career; unless the laws have changed since I retired. The issue is not the legality, but whether it is worth it for a corporation to pursue legal action against one individual. In the case of the individual who posts games on his YouTube Channel, it may not. If it were me, I would never take the chance. The Department I taught in was sued by a publisher and had to settle out of court for what anyone would view as a minor infraction.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom