Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - Sweet 16 | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - Sweet 16

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I'm surprised. I really thought Purdue was going to lose by now.

Reaction Score
I think the depth perception got to them. It bothered us in Brooklyn. It happens. They couldn’t hit anything on clean looks
That's why there are shoot around practices at the venue. As far as Brooklyn goes, it didn't seem to bother Duke who played before UConn last Sunday. Duke shot the lights out, especially Jared McCain going 8 for 11 from 3. It's like Duke used up the entire quota of 3s that could be made for the day.

Reaction Score
That’s not what’s happening, they are missing tons of wide open 3’s
I didn't mean that the officiating in this game was suspect. I meant that the officiating in the Big East may have made them look better than they were. Next we will see what Creighton looks like

Reaction Score
I had a sinus infection and an ear infection after BET , I never felt bad, went to work everyday like it was a nuisance cold. Only difference was blowing neon green snot. A few days later I lost all hearing ( I mean all of it) in my right ear , I saw an ENT early this week. I got some hearing back, but I ended up with 60% hearing loss in my right ear. I’m now faced with a choice of surgery with coin flip odds that it can repair, or a permanent hearing aid.

So you are not wrong.
Geezus, sorry this happened to you. I'll say a little prayer that you have a positive outcome.

There's a lot of bad stuff going around.

Reaction Score
I didn't mean that the officiating in this game was suspect. I meant that the officiating in the Big East may have made them look better than they were. Next we will see what Creighton looks like
4-31 from 3 did them in.

Reaction Score
I like Duke (Filipowski and Mitchell are a tough assignment) and creighton (McDermott with a week to prepare) in the late games.

Reaction Score
Glad Marquette is out. Not sure I wanted to have to beat them a 4th time. I want Creighton out ASAP. Yes it took a crazy shooting night from them to beat us but the fact they’ve done it gives them extra confidence and theirs familiarity. We already beat them. No need to do it again!

Might be crazy talk but I’d really rather just take our chances against anyone else

Reaction Score
Just opened this thread and saw all the same comments about Mitchell that I felt right from the beginning of the game.

He was jogging up and down the court, played awful D, bricked shot after shot, turned the ball over in bizarre ways.

I don’t know all the Marquette players names but most looked like they were playing a Sunday morning pickup game at the park after a late night on the town.

Someone in the local Wisconsin media needs to dig into what was going on with them. Sickness? Flu? Bad calamari? Dumping points/the game? Out late partying?

That team didn’t resemble any version of Marquette that I’d seen all season. The one that always play hard, with passion, and smart. Something’s amiss here, and it’s not just a team missing threes.

Reaction Score
Marquette:
smithers GIF

Reaction Score
Duke could play nc state for a trip to the FF, assuming they man up and survive houston

Reaction Score
4 and 4 but 7 assists. 3 more than Kolek.

He didn’t have his typical game because MQ made sure he didn’t. Their entire game plan on defense was to make him pass it and not be a scorer.

So he wasn’t the key to the game for State but he WAS the scouting report and State showed they aren’t a one man band.

Guess the path wasn’t paved for Marquette as I was led to believe.
exactly. He still occupied practice time and was a big part of their scouting plan. DJ Burns was definitely impactful which is what I was trying to tell the person I was responding to.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Anyone else on Creighton +3.5/ML? Game should be a pickem.

Reaction Score
shrugs I don't want to see other Big East teams in the Final Four, Creighton can bow out now too
Creighton used up all their 9 lives in the 2nd round win against Oregon. Oregon should've won that game.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I cannot wait for Houston/Duke. What a freakin matchup. Let’s go!!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It’s early but Duke appears to be soft as hell, not unexpected.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom