Tour of Facilities Candidates | The Boneyard

Tour of Facilities Candidates

C

Chief00

So with the upcoming official visits coming up, who will do the famed Tour of Facilities?
Does it have to be an assistant coach or could Taliek do it?
If it’s a true coach function then maybe Tom Moore?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t Coach Hurley do them? Along with an assistant.

Reaction Score
Imagine it would be the lead recruiter for the player but I suppose it could be anyone on the staff or team.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Whoever it is, he/she needs to send this with the official invite..

EDIT: Might want to clip the coaches portion.

Also want to wait for the renovations to be done. It’s going to look like a totally different place from what I hear.

C

Chief00

Wouldn’t Coach Hurley do them? Along with an assistant.

I think for Werth and Gampel that would be fine but my concern is they are not very familiar with the rest of campus, being new to Storrs.

C

Chief00

That’s a great question, but not nearly as important as who will go through the course catalog.

Is that activity necessary? Could the academic advisor have a very brief chat with the player and then recommend a class schedule later.

Reaction Score
Chief thinks for Werth and Gampel that would be fine but Chief's concern is they are not very familiar with the rest of campus, being new to Storrs.
FIFY

Reaction Score
Is that activity necessary? Could the academic advisor have a very brief chat with the player and then recommend a class schedule later.

Quite frankly that is not up to you or me. It is a UConn tradition that will be around a lot longer than either of us.

UconnU

Reaction Score
I think for Werth and Gampel that would be fine but my concern is they are not very familiar with the rest of campus, being new to Storrs.
True. I bet Taliek is involved especially with the NYC kids.

C

Chief00

True. I bet Taliek is involved especially with the NYC kids.

Be careful, someone tried to throw the video guy under the bus to the NCAA for coaching a player through a play. Taliek is not a coach.

Reaction Score

Sounds like maybe a “Chief Brief” is in order for discussing class info. Maybe one of our real insiders could make this happen? @Zionn @BFieldHusky

C

Chief00

Sounds like maybe a “Chief Brief” is in order for discussing class info. Maybe one of our real insiders could make this happen? @Zionn @BFieldHusky
LOL - you are getting sillier as you post along. To think Chief would be upset about your “real insider” comment. If you paid attention, Chief never refers to himself as an “insider”. I just happen to have friendships and relationships with people who may or may not fit into the categories of your World. Chief doesn’t use these categories in his life and never will. It’s not how Chief interacts with people. People are people. Players are people. Coaches are people. AD’s are people.

Reaction Score
LOL - you are getting sillier as you post along. To think Chief would be upset about your “real insider” comment. If you paid attention, Chief never refers to himself as an “insider”. I just happen to have friendships and relationships with people who may or may not fit into the categories of your World. Chief doesn’t use these categories in his life and never will. It’s not how Chief interacts with people. People are people. Players are people. Coaches are people. AD’s are people.

Ouch, sounds like HurleyMan struck a nerve with Chief. I’m not sure what half of your post even means, but I can confir_ that people are definitely people.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Very necessary.

You want to impress a kid? Show him the basketball facilities.

Want to impress his parents? Show them the academic advisor and the classroom.

Want to botch a recruitment? Skip one or the other.

Reaction Score
Very necessary.

100% agree. Need to cover all the bases. Think we're getting Emeka Okafor if we skip the academics?

C

Chief00

Very necessary.

I agree, let the academic advisor briefly review the class schedule as I stated. What we need to avoid is the Diallo fiasco where an assistant coach spent a couple hours on a Dream class schedule for a guy who considered himself a 1 and done. That’s not how you sell a program.
True, tour the Werth with one of the new assistants or Danny but other than the politician Tom Moore they don’t have the tenure in Storrs to know the rest of campus well.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score

Chief knows people.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I agree, let the academic advisor briefly review the class schedule as I stated. What we need to avoid is the Diallo fiasco where an assistant coach spent a couple hours on a Dream class schedule for a guy who considered himself a 1 and done. That’s not how you sell a program.
True, tour the Werth with one of the new assistants or Danny but other than the politician Tom Moore they don’t have the tenure in Storrs to know the rest of campus well.
More Bunkey, less book learning. Look how well that turned out for everyone involved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom