2025 Recruiting: - Tounde Yessoufou | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Tounde Yessoufou

Reaction Score
This kid is from Benin, right? So NIL shouldn’t be a top factor here possibly?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
This kid is from Benin, right? So NIL shouldn’t be a top factor here possibly?
1724699963104.gif

Reaction Score
I assume he'll be just as interested in making money as any other 5 star recruit. Unless I'm missing something
It gets back to the thing where non American kids have a harder time getting NIL. Not impossible, but harder. I’d think for that reason it might not be atop the list.

Reaction Score
It gets back to the thing where non American kids have a harder time getting NIL. Not impossible, but harder. I’d think for that reason it might not be atop the list.
I think it definitely was harder at one point, but I think schools have figured it out now. We did it for Sanogo and Samson Johnson and seems like all these top European guys coming over are pretty regularly getting $1M+ NIL deals

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
And Benin is next door to Togo, which is where Samson Johnson is from. Hope they both have a lot to talk about. Is Benin's official language French also? I believe it is.
Yep, French. They're a bit like New Hampshire and Vermont, long and narrow and right next to each other.

Reaction Score
Built like an outside linebacker and a beast in transition. Shockingly quick at 6'5 215 and has nice burst to the rim.

With his length, strength and motor, he's got elite defensive potential and while his three-point shooting isn't strong, he can stroke it from three and his form isn't bad.

Right now, he can score off the bounce and become lethal at attacking the rim at full speed. I love his mismatch potential as a post-up 3. Shades of one of my favorite players of the 2010s: Admiral Scofield.

He'd be a fan favorite in Storrs.

Reaction Score
never would have guessed that. even tho he cant shoot? you'd prefer him over Thomas and Mullins and Reibe?
I agree with his assessment. the athleticism/motor and potential lockdown defender for 1-4 isnt something that is usually found. If we don't get our 1a guard, plan b is still a 5 star. i dont see a plan b in this class for the freakish athlete this kid is. In Hurley's hands he would be scary

Reaction Score
never would have guessed that. even tho he cant shoot? you'd prefer him over Thomas and Mullins and Reibe?

They're all uber-talented and we should be thrilled with whoever we can get on campus for a visit. But I have never seen a high school player dominate the defensive end of a basketball game the way Yessoufou did when I watched him those few games in EYBL. It genuinely looked like he could guard two people at once.

Pair him with a shooting big like Bundalo or Reibe to help with spacing? Game over.

Reaction Score
He went 7/19 39% during Peach Jam from 3. He's not a consistent shooter, but he does shoot now. He shot less in early AAU this summer.

Reaction Score
The days of assessing what your needs will be for next year before this year starts are over. I'm guessing we lose less talent to the portal than anybody else, but I also think we have a couple more potential draftees than anybody else. For example, I'm bullish on Reed, and could see him blowing up and sniffing at the first round(in which case 3 for 3 might be a reality). Should we lose Reed to the draft, to go with SJ, Hass, AK, Liam, Stewart(??), wow, we had a great year and we need to retool bigtime. Tounde can just do too much to not be in our top 3 HS recruits, and it feels like he is ours if we pull the trigger.

Reaction Score
I've seen Yessoufou in-person several times, he is an incredible athlete. Has a tendency to shoot his J on the way back down, something I'm sure can be worked on. Frighteningly quick off the floor, he gets a lot of spectacular swats. Sometimes disappears for a few minutes here and there, something else I'm sure can be worked on.

Certainly would be a great get.

Reaction Score
Tounde can just do too much to not be in our top 3 HS recruits, and it feels like he is ours if we pull the trigger.
Dont think we haven’t pulled the trigger per se, if he wanted to commit today we would absolutely take him in a heartbeat. Maybe we haven’t necessarily offered the best NIL package we could yet, but I’m sure it’s in a competitive ballpark already.

All the recruits we’re heavily linked to this cycle are incredibly talented, definitely one of the better classes in recent history. If we can even get 2 of Braylon, Acaden, Meleek, Tounde, Reibe, or any of the 5 star guys, I’d be ecstatic. And I think 2 is the most realistic but getting 3 guys out if this group is not completely impossible, can you imagine? If any of these guys want to commit now, we’re taking them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom