Toughest regular-season game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Toughest regular-season game?

What will be UConn's toughest regular-season game in the 2017-18 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Dang it, I keep finding myself in disagreement with people (coaches, players) that know a lot more than I do. Well Stanford does have a bunch of Fr and Sophs, but there are some veterans.

I think Tara revamped the offense 4 or 5 years ago, I think largely to take advantage of the talents of Orange and Thompson. Doing it again apparently. Well that's good for her. Some other old guard coaches seem intent on doing it the way they've always done it, even if it doesn't really work anymore.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
A teams toughest game is always........Their next game. Never look by any opponent, i.e Florida State or Tulane. I doubt those two weren't on anyone's toughest game on the schedule predictions.

Reaction Score
Will the Gamecocks have a bit of an attitude that they have something to prove? There has been discussion about how they got lucky in having Miss St do the heavy lifting for them and how they were lucky that they didn’t have to go through UCONN to get the NC. Does that bug them at all?

Reaction Score
Although I think UConn will likely go undefeated, I think their closest call will come on the road vs Texas. I certainly hope Holmes is back, and playing. I admire Aston for elevating her program to the point that it has now probably surpassed Baylor as the #1 program in Texas. She’s proving to be a formidable coach with great commitment to success. The game needs more like her! Imagine what the Lady Vols could be with her at the helm!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Texas was my vote, and frankly I don't think it is close, in spite of all the BY'ers who thought SC would be the toughest game. Frankly, SC simply does not have the horses that Texas does. I'm not even sure SC is a top 5 team this year. Sure they have Wilson, and Harris is one of the best young PG's in the nation (along with Danger), but they have ZERO that can compare to UCONN's other "big 4" of Collier, Samuleson, Williams and Nurse.

Just my $.02, but in comparing Harris and Wilson to Danger and Williams, I'd call it a wash. Harris and Wilson do some things better than Danger and Williams, and vice versa. Then you are left comparing Lou, Nurse and Collier to whoever else SC has. Who are their other starters? Cuevas, Spann, and who else? Is Alexis Jennings eligible? UCONN by at least 15... and maybe 20 or so...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I was torn between UCLA, TX & SC. I went with SC because they are the the defending champs, and they want to prove it wasn’t a fluke having not faced UConn in the finals.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I think the South Carolina game will be the most hyped but the Texas game will probably be the best. That was I thought the best game last year in terms of competitiveness other than the Miss St. game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Maryland lost Breonna Jones, Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, and Destiny Slocum. I don’t think anyone, even South Carolina, lost that much talent. Of course, we lost our Turtle Killer, Saniya Chong.

SC lost Coates, Davis and
Will the Gamecocks have a bit of an attitude that they have something to prove? There has been discussion about how they got lucky in having Miss St do the heavy lifting for them and how they were lucky that they didn’t have to go through UCONN to get the NC. Does that bug them at all?

MSU did the heavy lifting for SC and UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom