Tough year for Uconn fans | The Boneyard

Tough year for Uconn fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We had a terrible year, the football coach stunk it up, the men'a basketball team can go to the ncaa tourney, we got left out of expansion twice, the mens soccer team didn't go to the championship game, we're stuck with the same football coach.

Do I dare ask? What else can go wrong?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We had a terrible year, the football coach stunk it up, the men'a basketball team can go to the ncaa tourney, we got left out of expansion twice, the mens soccer team didn't go to the championship game, we're stuck with the same football coach.

Crimeny, do you hold up a medal post in lightning storm? If anything else happens, we should get out the wood chipper, hangings too good for the likes of you.

We are doooooomed!

Reaction Score
Crimeny, do you hold up a medal post in lightning storm? If anything else happens, we should get out the wood chipper, hangings too good for the likes of you.

We are doooooomed!

We need some mojo

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Let me re-read this to see if I fully understand what you are saying:

1) Our football team missed a bowl game by one win in an AQ conference.
2) The men's basketball team is only 6-2, with both losses coming to top25 teams (and one win against top25) in a "rebuilding year".
3) We weren't invited to a different conference.
4) The men's soccer team made it to the Elite Eight of the D-1 tournament.
5) We're retaining our head coach.

What esle could go wrong, indeed...:eek::confused:

Reaction Score
Let me re-read this to see if I fully understand what you are saying:

1) Our football team missed a bowl game by one win in an AQ conference.
2) The men's basketball team is only 6-2, with both losses coming to top25 teams (and one win against top25) in a "rebuilding year".
3) We weren't invited to a different conference.
4) The men's soccer team made it to the Elite Eight of the D-1 tournament.
5) We're retaining our head coach.

What esle could go wrong, indeed...:eek::confused:

It's your choice #2 that is telling. 6-2? UNH, Stony Brook, Quinnipiac??? But lose to Top 25 teams, particularly NC State? This is the problem. We had moved past the NC States of the world and where hunting and bagging bigger game UNC & Duke & Kentucky. Now UConn can't handle the Wolfpack? elevator going down? Sure Michigan State was a pleasant surprise (a nice win to be sure) but I think it may be the high-watermark too. Bad time to lose JC. Lucky women still have Geno cuz when he goes that program takes a hit. Nobody recruits like Geno.

2010-2011 we must have sold our collective souls for the Fiesta, NC & baseball success, because now the devil has come due. This program (UConn not just mens hoops) is taking on water and is going to sink at this rate. Just gotta hope Geno, Penders & Reid can help whether the storm.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score

I'll always have my NY Jets to root for (oops)
Well - I still have my Red Sox (damn)
Hey - I can watch those Bruins ()
Um, I can pretend that teh Celtics aren't too old (maybe)
duck it - I'll just wait a few months and get back to rooting for Lance Armstrong.....

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's your choice #2 that is telling. 6-2? UNH, Stony Brook, Quinnipiac??? But lose to Top 25 teams, particularly NC State? This is the problem. We had moved past the NC States of the world and where hunting and bagging bigger game UNC & Duke & Kentucky. Now UConn can't handle the Wolfpack? elevator going down? Sure Michigan State was a pleasant surprise (a nice win to be sure) but I think it may be the high-watermark too. Bad time to lose JC. Lucky women still have Geno cuz when he goes that program takes a hit. Nobody recruits like Geno.

2010-2011 we must have sold our collective souls for the Fiesta, NC & baseball success, because now the devil has come due. This program (UConn not just mens hoops) is taking on water and is going to sink at this rate. Just gotta hope Geno, Penders & Reid can help whether the storm.

You must be joking. I refuse to believe that you are that ridiculous, so I am going to go with "joking."

We send our top two players to the NBA, another two starters transfer to different schools, which leaves us extremely thin in both size and depth. And we are STILL 6-2, having lost extremely close games to top 25 teams, and oh how convenient for you to marginalize the win against Michigan State at a neutral site as a "high water mark"!!! Very convenient indeed! We'll have plenty of opportunity to play even more top25 teams in the Big East, so we'll see how the water is when we get there. But anyone not pleased with the way that Ollie has this roster playing right now and the quality that these kids are bringing to the floor is just not watching the games, period!

The fact of the matter is that 6-2 with only one win against the top25 in the first eight games is the definition of a UConn "rebuilding year". Other teams in rebuiding years are 4-4 tops. And I'm so so so glad you brought up Kentucky!!! What are they ranked again?? Yeah, I thought so....

Reaction Score
You must be joking. I refuse to believe that you are that ridiculous, so I am going to go with "joking."

We send our top two players to the NBA, another two starters transfer to different schools, which leaves us extremely thin in both size and depth. And we are STILL 6-2, having lost extremely close games to top 25 teams, and oh how convenient for you to marginalize the win against Michigan State at a neutral site as a "high water mark"!!! Very convenient
indeed! We'll have plenty of opportunity to play even more top25 teams in the Big East, so we'll see how the water is when we get there. But anyone not pleased with the way that Ollie has this roster playing right now and the quality that these kids are bringing to the floor is just not watching the games, period!

The fact of the matter is that 6-2 with only one win against the top25 in the first eight games is the definition of a UConn "rebuilding year". Other teams in rebuiding years are 4-4
tops. And I'm so so so glad you brought up Kentucky!!! What are they ranked again?? Yeah, I thought so....

Hope you're right and I'm terribly wrong. Couldn't be happier than if you've got this figured out and I'm overly reactionary. Talk to me in March and we can laugh at the joke.

Reaction Score

We send our top two players to the NBA, another two starters transfer to different schools, which leaves us extremely thin in both size and depth. And we are STILL 6-2, having lost extremely close games to top 25 teams, and oh how convenient for you to marginalize the win against Michigan State at a neutral site as a "high water mark"!!! Very convenient indeed! We'll have plenty of opportunity to play even more top25 teams in the Big East, so we'll see how the water is when we get there. But anyone not pleased with the way that Ollie has this roster playing right now and the quality that these kids are bringing to the floor is just not watching the games, period!

The fact of the matter is that 6-2 with only one win against the top25 in the first eight games is the definition of a UConn "rebuilding year". Other teams in rebuiding years are 4-4 tops. And I'm so so so glad you brought up Kentucky!!! What are they ranked again?? Yeah, I thought so....

Not knocking kids. Not knocking KO. Not knocking the effort. Not wishing for the wheels to come off the wagon. Just looking at the state of the program.

Reaction Score
Each year is a story. Many, if not all, our games were winnable. This is an era of legendary bad offensive play calling and legendary defense. Our last game was a defeat to an eventual Big East co-hampion. Syracuse and Rutgers won a Big East title for the first time in our time in the Big East and Syracuse played very well for the first time in a long time. Our team was disappointed at the end of the game. Hats off to the Bearcats, good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom