Tough one | The Boneyard

Tough one

Reaction Score
So many un-smart plays that stand out (Gaffney’s whatever-that-was shot, Whaley taking a step back 17 footer at a crucial time, AJ’s horrific decision to shoot a 3) and just poor execution (Bouk’s missed front end leading to everything it directly led to). Yet, I’m not as apoplectic as I typically am after a loss. First, Creighton is a good, smart, mature, well-coached team (not saying anything about the man) that I think can do some damage in the tourney. Clearly, they have our number this year. And with probably our B- game we were right there and but for a couple plays here and there we probably should have won.

We need to take the next few days and get Bouk right. Because it’s clear he is not. No idea the cause and/or if it’s fixable. But without him at or near his potential, we ain’t going very far. The execution and “smarts” is not going to happen this year. It’s maturity and we’re still a relatively young team in DH’s system. My only gripe with him tonight is that it’s no sin to call a TO while the next dead ball is a TV TO. That sequence where we had the lead and went up and down the court a few times where both teams were clearly gassed and we had our B team on the floor with under 8 to go was just putrid. Who knows how big a hoop there to go up by 6 or 7 may have been.

But that’s nit picky. Creighton never seemed to panic. We definitely did. Definitely in the first half as the lead slipped away, and definitely down the stretch as the wrong guys were making plays they never should be making, or trying to make.

Anyhow, still think we can make some noise in the NCAAs with a healthy and attacking Bouk. Just please keep us off the 8/9 line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom