Tough Night for Kemba | The Boneyard

Tough Night for Kemba

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Didn't watch the game but he had 2 points on 1-9 shooting. While he's been playing fairly well his shot is still not there yet.

Reaction Score
Watched it - he played very well I thought in the first half. Shot 1-4, but showed good court vision on some of his passes. One of his misses was after breaking down the defense and it was tapped in and his other two misses were good looks.

Second half, he came in with the Cats down by 15 and tried to give them a spark, but just didn't have it. He missed twice on the last possession of the third quarter - rushed a strategic three-pointer with 30 seconds left to try to get a 2-for-1 and missed, and Charlotte got the offensive rebound. Then he killed the clock, got into the lane, and pulled up from 10 feet at the buzzer, but Dwight Howard flew at him and he had to shoot the ball into the rafters to get it over him. In the fourth quarter, he had to chuck a three when the ball was kicked out to him with two seconds left on the shot clock to fall to 1-8, and he missed an open three on a kick-out from Augustin to fall to 1-9. He also drove hard and threw a bad pass down to a big man's ankles.

He played hard: he gave Larry Hughes a bunch of problems on defense - forcing two turnovers and drawing a charge in the open court. But it wasn't his night.

Reaction Score
Bobcats had nooooo answer for Dwight Howard, he killed them all night. Before the Bobcats will be decent they will need some type of inside presence. I watched the game as well, Kemba played hard it just wasn't his night. I thought his D was awesome and energy was high as usual. Now the 1st road game for Kemba - Sunday versus the Heat. Although it is early and the games have been high profile the attendance is up and off to a great start.

Reaction Score
A nice little battle going on in the Clippers-Bulls game. Just had a sequence - Rip right baseline jumper, Caron three in the corner, Rip left baseline runner. Rip has 16 and Caron 13 in the middle of the third. And the Derrick Rose-Chris Paul battle is really entertaining.

Reaction Score
Lucky for KWalk, it has been awhile since he had a bad night. Almost made it from March through the end of 2011 without a loss!

Reaction Score
Kemba has never really regained the shooting touch he had in Maui. He's become a high-volume shooter since. Hopefully, something will click and he'll get into that Maui groove again.

Reaction Score
I don't think he'll be a bust - his floor is as an energy guy off the bench to push the ball. His ceiling is an all-star - but that involves continued improvement with his jumper and range, which may or may not happen. He was picked ninth, and picks in that range are usually serviceable pros but non all-stars.

I don't think you have to go back to Maui. Kemba slumped in the Big East regular season (with a few A games mixed in - Georgetown springs to mind), but he had a great 10-game stretch in March (including the regular season finale loss to Notre Dame), and then slumped a bit at the Final Four due to a combination of factors, such as the Dome shooting background, great man-to-man defenders in Liggins and Nored, some cumulative fatigue (he was exhausted at end of Kentucky game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom