Tough morning after, but positive news from Down Under (Kia),,,, | The Boneyard

Tough morning after, but positive news from Down Under (Kia),,,,

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
They will obviously want Kia back next season, but she is making chump change compared to the big forum leagues.

Reaction Score
They will obviously want Kia back next season, but she is making chump change compared to the big forum leagues.

A difficult decision for sure but some space and time might help. I guess it all depends upon what one's priorities are, and I certainly can't speak for Kia's, but from what I've read she chose Australia because the food and language were familiar, and the season is shorter (it ends next weekend). Plus, she was heavily recruited by the UC Capitals with her defensive capabilities in mind. Not sure they anticipated the offensive output (4th in the league with 18+ ppg). She'll have several months to recuperate physically and see after her AAU program before the WNBA season begins. But I agree, the UC Capitals will want her back, no question, especially if they win the WNBL championship next weekend and have to defend it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A difficult decision for sure but some space and time might help. I guess it all depends upon what one's priorities are, and I certainly can't speak for Kia's, but from what I've read she chose Australia because the food and language were familiar, and the season is shorter (it ends next weekend). Plus, she was heavily recruited by the UC Capitals with her defensive capabilities in mind. Not sure they anticipated the offensive output (4th in the league with 18+ ppg). She'll have several months to recuperate physically and see after her AAU program before the WNBA season begins. But I agree, the UC Capitals will want her back, no question, especially if they win the WNBL championship next weekend and have to defend it.

Yup, those were her reasons, but I thought it might be because of the 1st season out long haul syndrome that she'd ease into Int'l play, then move on. Pure hunch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom