Toronto | The Boneyard

Toronto

Reaction Score
I've been volun-told to attend a workshop in Toronto in late July.

Never been, always curious about the city and I'll be staying at a very nice hotel just a block from Lake Ontario for three nights.

I will likely have no car, so I'll stay within the city limits the whole trip. Any recs?

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I haven't been in a long time but they do have a good public transportation system, excellent views from the CN Tower (if it's still called that) & check out Young Street, it runs through china town, seems to go on forever & had just about anything you can think of. But this was all 25yrs ago so things may have changed a bit.
Back then it was like a very new & clean NY

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I am going up in June likely, haven’t been in a few years. But I literally just walk the city.

Yonge street and Queens have anything you can want. Big modern city very clean then great culture spots all over in different segments of the city.

I’m no world traveler but it’s a favorite city of mine.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I spent a lot of time there in the 90s as I ran a couple of annual tradeshows there, but haven't been in past 15 years. I can't really recommend any specific places outside of going to top of CN and Hockey HoF if you like hockey. But since you seem to enjoy a good ethnic meal, you'll find almost anything you want there. The ethnic neighborhoods I've been to were all pretty cool, including ones I've never seen in the States, like Little Tibet and Little Portugal (with all due respect to East Providence). I recall stretches of Yonge being pretty seedy tourist traps, but that might have changed in the past 20 years.

Reaction Score
DaiLo was an excellent restaurant. Asian tasting menu.

Junction neighborhood had a few different walkable breweries.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I am going up in June likely, haven’t been in a few years. But I literally just walk the city.

Yonge street and Queens have anything you can want. Big modern city very clean then great culture spots all over in different segments of the city.

I’m no world traveler but it’s a favorite city of mine.
French,

If by some miracle the Leafs won the cup this year they'll tear the city to pieces. If you're going in June, make it earlier in the month.

Reaction Score

Never been, always curious about the city and I'll be staying at a very nice hotel just a block from Lake Ontario for three nights.

I will likely have no car, so I'll stay within the city limits the whole trip. Any recs?
I go up there regularly since I live a little more than an hour away. The stuff around you will be very oriented to tourists. Toronto is really a neighborhood city, a bit boring downtown, but still lots to do. Hockey HOF is worth is, I like going up to U Toronto and a lot of the bars & restaurants around the Ontario School for the Arts.

They have every kind of food you want. We always go up for Greek food and Dim Sum in Chinatown in the mornings, specifically.

It's cheap right now, a lot of bang for the buck.

Blue Jays games are good, but if you're a soccer fan, try to catch a Toronto FC game, that's even better.

Medieval Manor is fun if you're going with a decent size party. We went with 8.

As far as Canadian cities go, it's not my favorite but it's OK.

Reaction Score
If you like museums the Royal Ontario Museum is great. Especially if you have an interest in dinosaurs.

Reaction Score

Don't forget your passport.

Reaction Score
Was in Toronto two years ago at a friend's house. We lived in Kitchener (two hours by train from Toronto). We took public transportation exclusively and it was never a problem. But you would need a car to get around comfortably.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We went to a Second City show and it was very funny.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Funny, I was just about to post about Toronto as we’re heading up for a wedding. I’ve been there a couple of times (once for the I-bowl) and always had fun. Has anyone been to Bruce Peninsula? We’re renting a car and heading here for the day. I’m trying to confirm the must-see areas. Seems that the grotto and visitor center/big tub lighthouse cover much of it but want to make sure I don’t miss anything .

Reaction Score
Funny, I was just about to post about Toronto as we’re heading up for a wedding. I’ve been there a couple of times (once for the I-bowl) and always had fun. Has anyone been to Bruce Peninsula? We’re renting a car and heading here for the day. I’m trying to confirm the must-see areas. Seems that the grotto and visitor center/big tub lighthouse cover much of it but want to make sure I don’t miss anything .
Wow, that is going to be one long drive. My brother goes on expeditions in northern Ontario with a group and it is truly remote in a way that few places in the US are. His description of the dirt roads, lack of gas stations, and insect life, it's something else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom