Toraino Walker put back dunk.... | The Boneyard

Toraino Walker put back dunk....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That is just as fierce as I remembered it. Thanks for tracking it down!

Reaction Score
My memory is shot but did Toraino have another notable 1 handed putback from underneath the rim?

Reaction Score
Thanks for the memory. Was at the game and by chance, 2nd row so floor level. I've always thought that was one of the best dunks by a UConn player and we went nuts. The other cool part of that game was early in the first half when Tate walked in with his Nets NBA jacket on to a cheering crowd. We'd not had many NBA players at that point and it was spine tingling.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
What was the story with him leaving? This was going on right when I first moved to CT and I never really knew what was going on with that situation.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I was sitting in the student section that night! At the beginning of the second half Rollie Massamino had security remove a couple of kids that had been heckling him like crazy. After that, the entire student section was mercilous in their verbal assault on him.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I was sitting in the student section that night! At the beginning of the second half Rollie Massamino had security remove a couple of kids that had been heckling him like crazy. After that, the entire student section was mercilous in their verbal assault on him.
Who cares...you picked North Carolina in the ESPN pool.

Reaction Score
I know there was a lot of talk over the years about this dunk....but no one could come up with a video of it....if someone did, I must have missed it.....but here it is.

I remember another more powerful dunk than that, maybe against Cuse

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What was the story with him leaving? This was going on right when I first moved to CT and I never really knew what was going on with that situation.
From what I recall, he just quit one day. He was reported to be spending a lot of time at Ted's during the day and at night, both shortly before and after he left. Sad.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
In Walker's statement he said, "For some time now, I've been losing interest. All the things demanded of me weren't as important as they once were. If I thought I was going to be a pro lottery pick, I would stick it out. But it's not like that. Now I'm going to work on getting my degree."

In the last three games the Huskies have used three new players, Eric Hayward, Rudy Johnson and Travis Knight, all freshmen, in place of Walker and each made significant contributions.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Has he ever been to an alumni function/game?

Reaction Score
Damn shame. Kid was everything you'd want a PF to be. Like everyone else most importantly hope he is doing ok and headed in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom