Top UConn Problem Players in C. Creme's Bridgeport | The Boneyard

Top UConn Problem Players in C. Creme's Bridgeport

Reaction Score
In Charlie Creme's bracketverse there are a few players who pose problems for fictional UConn.

Second Round: Rhyne Howard and Dre'una Edwards. Rhyne plays sarcastically and deceptively good. She's never played UConn and she gets up for big games. Dre'una is a mismatch for anyone on any team, but UConn will have problems with her girth and skillset.

Sweet 16: Caitlin Clark and Monica Czinano: Caitlin will want revenge from last year and she has unlimited potential in a UConn match-up. Czinano is way more aggressive this year than last and she's going to demand a lot of post attention.

Elite Eight: Either NC State or Oregon. Oregon has a slew of shooters, Prince, Sabally and Pao Pao who punched punched UConn last time. NC state has Cunane who is a big presence and precise enough to do foul trouble damage against UConn add in JBT and Diamond Johnson who is a pro built small freshman and that's alot. Perez is a streaky shooter who could get hot too.

Final Four: Across the bracket is another story. Either a rematch with Van Lith, Engstler, and Kianna Smith who caught fire against UConn last time and suffered a motivating loss or projected number one overall pick NaLyssa Smith hasn't lost to UConn yet in her career. She's big, allegedly gotten taller ( was 6'2 is now listed at 6'4) and she's a nightmare along with Baylor guards who will have witnessed the Dijonai Carrington drama last year.

any other fictional problems players? Who poses the biggest problems on UConn's roster? excited for Selection Sunday

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 11.28.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 11.28.11 PM.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Reaction Score
In Charlie Creme's bracketverse there are a few players who pose problems for fictional UConn.

Second Round: Rhyne Howard and Dre'una Edwards. Rhyne plays sarcastically and deceptively good. She's never played UConn and she gets up for big games. Dre'una is a mismatch for anyone on any team, but UConn will have problems with her girth and skillset.

Sweet 16: Caitlin Clark and Monica Czinano: Caitlin will want revenge from last year and she has unlimited potential in a UConn match-up. Czinano is way more aggressive this year than last and she's going to demand a lot of post attention.

Elite Eight: Either NC State or Oregon. Oregon has a slew of shooters, Prince, Sabally and Pao Pao who punched punched UConn last time. NC state has Cunane who is a big presence and precise enough to do foul trouble damage against UConn add in JBT and Diamond Johnson who is a pro built small freshman and that's alot. Perez is a streaky shooter who could get hot too.

Final Four: Across the bracket is another story. Either a rematch with Van Lith, Engstler, and Kianna Smith who caught fire against UConn last time and suffered a motivating loss or projected number one overall pick NaLyssa Smith hasn't lost to UConn yet in her career. She's big, allegedly gotten taller ( was 6'2 is now listed at 6'4) and she's a nightmare along with Baylor guards who will have witnessed the Dijonai Carrington drama last year.

any other fictional problems players? Who poses the biggest problems on UConn's roster? excited for Selection Sunday
Great descriptions of each round. See, uconn's defense against high scoring teams has been impressive this year. We have three freshman, and a transfer grad that makes this team, obviously different than from last years, in Iowas, Oregon, and Baylor's cases. I don't think neither of those 3 teams have faced this type of uconn defense this year. Once paige assimilates back into game form, this team is going to be scary on both offense and defense.

Also add in what dorka, azzi, and Caroline bring to the table. Uconn has two starting line up that can go against any top 10 team, and actually win. "Uconn is battle tested" is an understatement ar this point. If they stick to their new found defenseive urgency for 6 games, they'll win the national championship.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Caitlin will want revenge from last year and she has unlimited potential in a UConn match-up.

Hmmmm…. UConn throttled her “unlimited potential” before.

I'm not sure if a desire for revenge is a basketball skill. It might well be countered by a matter of unfinished business. Obviously Clark is an excellent player, but hyperbole doesn't put points on the scoreboard.

Reaction Score

OMG!!!! The sky is falling, the sky is falling. We are DOOMED!!!

Reaction Score
Does UConn have any players the other team needs to worry about …..I like our chances
My thoughts exactly. I mean doesn’t the other team have to contend with three National Players of the Year, two more who almost were National Players of the Year, and four more (Edwards, Westbrook, Muhl, Dorka) who have absolutely blossomed under Geno and Chris Daily.

Reaction Score
Good post and set of assessments. As with last year, I am most worried about the teams with 2-3 quick, fast, good shooting guards. Oregon, Kentucy and Baylor come to mind. Nika can slow down one of the guards, but she gets handsy against quick guards and tends to foul. We should beat all these teams but if 2 of the 3 get hot, game will be difficult.

Reaction Score
in what world would UConn get Louisvile in the final 4 ? lmao, they are sure to get SC and this bracket also says so.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConn’s ferocious defensive intensity and depth is something we really haven’t seen since 2016. To be sure, great players will get their points. But it’s a whole lot harder against this UConn team. I’m really not concerned with Clark, Smith or somebody else going off against these Huskies, and I absolutely expect that Geno and his coaches will have UConn ready to face anyone.

Reaction Score
Good post and set of assessments. As with last year, I am most worried about the teams with 2-3 quick, fast, good shooting guards. Oregon, Kentucy and Baylor come to mind. Nika can slow down one of the guards, but she gets handsy against quick guards and tends to foul. We should beat all these teams but if 2 of the 3 get hot, game will be difficult.
Shouldn’t the other team have to worry about a UConn freshman forward who is 6’2”, can shoot the lights out (won the Power Aide Jam over Azzi, Rivers, Olivia Miles, Raven Johnson and a couple others), can rebound, can block shots, and can dribble the ball up the court on a fast break faster than most guards.

Reaction Score

Nice description of “potential problem players for UCONN”, but I am almost positive that NaLyssa Smith played for Baylor last season.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure why everyone takes Cremes assumption is what’s going to happen.

Reaction Score
Shouldn’t the other team have to worry about a UConn freshman forward who is 6’2”, can shoot the lights out (won the Power Aide Jam over Azzi, Rivers, Olivia Miles, Raven Johnson and a couple others), can rebound, can block shots, and can dribble the ball up the court on a fast break faster than most guards.
Shhhh……don't broadcast our stealth player.

Reaction Score
Out of all the likely match-ups I would be most worried about Diamond Johnson on NC State. I think she has the potential to score and pass even against a good defense. Perhaps a little like Ari McDonald against us last year. Howard I think we could handle, maybe by putting size on her with Aaliyah, mixed with some Nika.

I can't recall how well we defended Czinano, but Liv may have enough length to bother her by herself, and if you take the inside part away from the inside out threat it makes guarding Clark at least easier. Cunane might be a problem if we need to double her because she is a pretty good passer.

Reaction Score
very hard to worry when they put her on the bench. I think she should start but coaching staff feels otherwise...

Reaction Score
Out of all the likely match-ups I would be most worried about Diamond Johnson on NC State. I think she has the potential to score and pass even against a good defense. Perhaps a little like Ari McDonald against us last year. Howard I think we could handle, maybe by putting size on her with Aaliyah, mixed with some Nika.

I can't recall how well we defended Czinano, but Liv may have enough length to bother her by herself, and if you take the inside part away from the inside out threat it makes guarding Clark at least easier. Cunane might be a problem if we need to double her because she is a pretty good passer.
If I was worried I would be concerned with NC State much much more than Iowa. Iowa is the most overrated “team” in the country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom